It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas County Could Declare Ebola Disaster Declaration - Meeting 2pm Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted. Mods please close if I missed it.

My guess ~~~~~ it will pass.

Thoughts?

Dallas County may seek state-of-emergency declaration over Ebola

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Officials in Dallas County, Texas will meet later Thursday to decide whether to ask Gov. Rick Perry to declare a local state of emergency over Ebola.

An emergency declaration would permit the county judge or mayor to control access to a disaster area and “control the movement of persons and the occupancy of premises in that area,” according to the Dallas Morning News website. The newspaper also reported the county is seeking housing for health-care workers who are being monitored.

Dallas County, which includes the city of Dallas, is home to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where Thomas Duncan, the patient who carried the Ebola virus with him from Liberia and later died from the disease, was treated. Two nurses there have been infected with the deadly virus.

The special meeting of the Dallas County Commissioners Court is set for 2 p.m. Central time. It wasn’t yet clear what rules would be imposed on health workers, the Dallas Morning News said, but they could include restrictions on public transportation.

More than 70 additional Presbyterian workers were in contact with Duncan, according to the Dallas Morning News.

The nurse who boarded a flight two days before being diagnosed with Ebola was starting to get a fever at the time she boarded the Frontier Airlines plane on Monday, health officials said Wednesday and, according to CNN and others, contacted the Centers for Disease Control ahead of the flight but was not barred from traveling. The airline has placed the six crew members on a paid 21-day break and taken the airplane out of service.

Ebola patients aren’t considered contagious until they have symptoms, which include a fever.

Meanwhile, 13 Ohio nurses on the flight are being monitored for Ebola symptoms, and the Associated Press reported a Texas school district temporarily closed three of its campuses because two students also traveled on that flight, the Associated Press reported. The students’ parents are keeping them home for three weeks. The three schools — North Belton Middle School, Sparta Elementary and the Belton Early Childhood School — and some school buses are to be disinfected on Thursday.

Yale-New Haven Hospital in Connecticut said it is evaluating a patient with “Ebola-like symptoms,” the Hartford Courant reported. The patient has recently traveled to Liberia and was admitted Wednesday evening.

Meanwhile, researchers tracking the virus with a computer model said there could be as many as two dozen people in the U.S. infected with Ebola by the end of October, although they cautioned the actual number will likely be far smaller, according Bloomberg News.

Source
edit on 16-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I wonder what they'll say? Hopefully they'll make some sense for once in regards to this situation.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

An emergency declaration would permit the county judge or mayor to control access to a disaster area and “control the movement of persons and the occupancy of premises in that area

Right because that's what's going to help. More moving pieces in this master piece of a # storm.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FeistyFemme

Looks like we will be finding out at 2pm

The declarations last up to seven days, and can be renewed by the Commissioners Court for longer than that. County officials didn’t immediately return calls seeking an explanation. It’s unclear what they will seek to do with the emergency declaration.

sou rce

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I mean seriously. I can see it now.

"Out of the way, I'm in charge here!"

"Not anymore you're not!"

"Not so fast I'm in charge now!"

Not any more you're not...

#.... #ing.... Storm

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I guess we now know why Connecticut passed what they did huh?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I see road blocks with pointed thermometers. Well...it had to happen somewhere.

An emergency declaration would permit the county judge or mayor to control access to a disaster area and “control the movement of persons and the occupancy of premises in that area,” according to the Dallas Morning News website.

This could prove interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Hopefully if they are oral and not rectal.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Am I mistaken or are conservative states fond of going straight to martial law type solutions in every crisis?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

I'm going to guess that folks in Dallas will get both.

Has anyone heard or read anything about the Ivy Apt. complex where Duncan and his family lived?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

You noticed that too. The don't mess with Texas folks are the first to really be messed with. Texas does hold the heavy weight belt for incarceration.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So when can we discuss the nuclear option for Dallas?
Too soon?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Am I mistaken or are conservative states fond of going straight to martial law type solutions in every crisis?

Well that's spoken like a true blue stater lol. East coast or west? We don't like the federal government in general and about 9/10 of us would look at martial law in this kind of situation as time to grab the guns and head for the hills.

That being said I think I can speak for most southerners when I say that if push came to shove we would trust the military before we trusted some jack ass alphabet agency.

That's all beside the point. My point was that now we have even more idiots in this cog machine of cluster #s.

Have you ever had to have a work permit issued for a five minute job that takes 4 hours to get after it changes hands three times?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So when can we discuss the nuclear option for Dallas?
Too soon?

And please do. Dallas is Yankee country. Austin is fine but we might have to start discussing plans for them too. They have gone down hill lately.
edit on 16-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Gasp! You mean bureaucracy is inefficient?!

Wouldn't Fema be the ones to take over in Texas with the military under their control? That's your go to trust group?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

An emergency declaration would permit the county judge or mayor to control access to a disaster area and “control the movement of persons and the occupancy of premises in that area,”

That's the segment that concerns me... Martial Law anyone?
edit on 16-10-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I posted this in a couple of threads this morning but didn't make one myself. Thanks for doing it for me!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
C'mon, guys...Enough with the Texas bashing. Surely we're all adults here, right?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Texas may be the first but I think other States (red & blue) may end up doing the same thing if/when others that have been exposed to the virus run around possibly exposing others.

edit on 16-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: nukedog

Gasp! You mean bureaucracy is inefficient?!

Wouldn't Fema be the ones to take over in Texas with the military under their control? That's your go to trust group?

Lol touché? I guess? I don't want either but your right. FEMA and the national guard is the worst case scenario. I've seen it first hand while they held us in the super dome.

My go to trust group right now is actually nobody unfortunately.

If I was somebody important I would say let the cdc do what they need to do and don't get in the way. That would obviously be very dumb though.

So who? My go to trust group is local officials to handle it independently and logically. Again, that sounds very dumb right now as well.

It sounds to me like they will be implementing some sort of bylaw that allows even more officials to get into whizzing matches while Ebola spreads like wild fire. Lose lose

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join