It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sears Selling Swastika Ring's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The ones here in NJ are ancient relics now.
I grew up in Watchung next to the one located on Rt.22. I remembered a time where anyone who was anyone shopped there. It was the pinnacle of department stores along with Bamburgers(Macy's for the younger generation). My parents even bought their first microwave at that location(You could melt a tank with it), which is still working in their basement. I guess we are all waiting for that eulogy in the back of our minds. . .

OMG I feel old now!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
About 30 years ago I was in South Korea.
I came across some ruins on a hillside that looked to be pretty old.
Definitely built before WW2
There were stone gateposts that had various symbols on them including swastikas.
I don't remember if it the arms of the swastika faced clockwise or counter but I want to say counter.
It was oriented with the sides vertical and horizontal.
I asked a Korean about it and he told me it was a very old symbol of good luck.

In my opinion, we've all gotten way too attached to the attitude of being offended by symbols
to push an ideological agenda.

It's gotten to the point where emotion is more important than action.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

According to Wikipedia: A right-facing 45° rotated swastika was incorporated into the flag of the Nazi Party. If that is true then yes it is a religious symbol.

The way to win over Nazi is to make the symbol come back to it's spiritual roots so that the symbol is seen as a harmony driven symbol of goodness for all and non duality (that all souls are part of the same whole). Like a prayer for well-being.

The Neo Nazis will not wear it anymore if people go around telling them thank you for wearing a symbol that represents well being and seeing all souls as equal because their hate is a dualistic notion that is completely opposite their views.

The best thing is to educate people on what the symbol means so you take away the neo Nazis hold over it.
edit on 16-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Reactionary society is an interesting topic. I have a thesis going about just that very issue which I believe is related to first; the 'MTV' generation, then internet, now social media. In it's infancy(right now) it's not a good trend but maybe at some point we will evolve to match the information flow with care and understanding.
I truly am starting to think it's the real reason behind why many push laws governing gun control and social issues many can't seem to understand on a personal level. Paraphrasing is doing this no justice.
I'll contact you when I finish, which may be a while, I'd love your input.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I agree with you completely but I don't know how some of the holocaust survivors, Jews or German's would take to that not being one myself.

Maybe someday! Personally, I find it to be a beautiful symbol just like the pentagram but given others views on the symbolism I wouldn't wear it just for the sake of wearing one. I see it the same as dressing up as an ISIL member and visiting the White House, as cool as that would be.
edit on 10/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe all those kids doing this are now members of Stormfront and will be rushing to place an order

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Relevance to the conversation is?
Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This is in really poor taste on Sears part. It's appealing that a major retail chain would sell a ring with a symbol that is clear as day with its meaning, hate.

Just sickening.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
JHC, get over it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
When Rudyard Kipling was putting the "Hindu" swastika on his books, the direction was the same as on those rings (and the one shown in your second post as "Buddhist", with red dots, between the picture and the other two).
I know that, because I'm looking at one now. It is on the front cover of the Jungle Book, given to my father as a school prize, 1932.

edit on 16-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

There is a market for this kind of stuff quite a big one or why else would they make and market such things and the relevance was never forget the past

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A private business can do what they want...oh wait never mind, that only works when someone is fired for criticizing gays.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, bummer.

I was hoping it would be a soft line version with gentle curves instead of the hard-line male variation.

It's true the symbol has positive association outside of that rather nasty and infamous regime of recent history.

I'm a collector of gentle tetraskellions but this particular ring isn't really anything I'd be interested in purchasing....it's simply too masculine in nature and like I mentioned before, I'm more fond of the gentle curved "wind/whirlpool" varieties.

In Native American cultures (particularly Navajo), this particular design pictured is referred as the Whirling Log. Seeing as how the Navajo have been fairly vigilant against the consumer marketing of their cultures designs, maybe they'll get this ring pulled on that premise alone.

Either way the wind blows on this issue, I'm no supporter of hate in any manifestation.

edit on 10/16/14 by GENERAL EYES because: minor clarification, didn't mean to capitalize something

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Unfortunate move on someone's part....

....but i am very interested in seeing humanity reclaim this symbol for its original/intended use.

That said....the form of that particular symbol in the ring is not really drawn in the eastern manner. That is straight up copied from a Nazi flag. So i don't buy their nonsense BS. It was intended for neo-nazi's.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, we had gotten to emotionally attached to symbols millenia ago. Its just a human trait.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

....but i am very interested in seeing humanity reclaim this symbol for its original/intended use.

I do also, I wish the previous groups would use it more again now. Doing so may make it more palatable to the general public, eventually paving the way for it's Nazi affiliations to be superseded. Unfortunately they don't want to use it anymore out of what happened in WW2, though I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it in recent practice.

That is the problem now, every time someone uses this symbol in an unspecified manner(or specified in cases like Neo-Nazi's) we assume it's a direct reference back to Hitler's Nazi Party. It doesn't matter what came before it anymore and likewise anyone who says they would go around wearing one of these freely I don't believe for a second, regardless of there intentions.

Saying something and doing something are two very different things in this case.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Its time to stop allowing nazi people to hijack this ancjent symbol! It means good luck and thats why hitler or whoever picked it. If they had chosen a horseshoe or a 4 leaf clover, one of those would be demonized today.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just saw this today ( on BBC ) more swastikas!
www.bbc.com...

Check out the Army's Plane it's drawn the same way, so now to the point.

A swastika can go Left to right or Right to left. The BS of nazi's reversing it is just that BS.

Take back our Swastika!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm sure what the Nazi's did was take the good intonations of the original swastika and inverted it to mean the opposite. Kind of like how people will take the Christian cross and invert it to mean the opposite.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join