It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sears Selling Swastika Ring's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just thought this absurd situation might take your minds off ebola for a second:

Sears Sears is under fire for selling a ring emblazoned with a swastika.
A jewelry company called CET Domain was selling the ring on Sears' "marketplace" website, which hosts a community of third-party sellers.

The description for the ring reads: "This gothic jewelry item in particular features a Swastika ring that’s made of .925 Thai silver. Not for Neo Nazi or any Nazi implication. These jewelry items are going to make you look beautiful at your next dinner date."
Yahoo Finance Link

Not really much to add to this one other then, "What are they out of their minds, in this day and age!"

So any one looking to 'look beautiful at your next dinner date' please go to Sears Marketplace and stock up on Nazi memorabilia, you never know maybe you will get lucky.
edit on 10/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"It is a symbol among the ancient Celts, Indians, and Greeks,[2] as well as in Buddhism,[4] Hinduism,[4][5] Jainism,[6] and Nazism,[3][4] among other cultures and religions." - Wiki

Maybe the Buddhists, Hinduists, and Jainists want to wear it?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

I thought the symbol was facing the opposite direction though.
(above)Swastika, a symbol of auspiciousness in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism

Though I agree, it is sad they ruined the symbol that was in use much longer then they ever were.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah
"It is a symbol among the ancient Celts, Indians, and Greeks,[2] as well as in Buddhism,[4] Hinduism,[4][5] Jainism,[6] and Nazism,[3][4] among other cultures and religions." - Wiki

Maybe the Buddhists, Hinduists, and Jainists want to wear it?

You beat me to posting this info.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So Sears itself technically wasnt selling it?

Yet it has a marketplace akin to that of amazon?

Guess this is where those dudes that like to dress up as Nazis and have dinner parties buy their "swag".

I love how there headlines titled "SEARS CAUGHT" haha, like there was some epic conspiracy behind this.

We love to be pissed off.

www.huffingtonpost.ca... video in the link

Also Sears has had NSFW lingerie nip slips, oh my!
edit on 16-10-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Poor marketing decision on Sears part. i can't believe they would be stupid enough to sell it. They deserve to get public flack.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
When one sees a swastika, one rightly thinks 'Nazis'. But the swastika has a much older history than WW2. Perhaps this ring is marketed to those people?

I see others beat me to the info. lol

At any rate, I think it's a poor marketing choice.
edit on 16-10-2014 by elitelogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Not really much to add to this one other then, "What are they out of their minds, in this day and age!"

I know Right! I would have thought people would have moved on with the swastika and remembered that it is older then the Nazi connection.

I mean come on! Why do people have to keep bringing this up, doesn't anyone remember what happened before the nazi? All those people that used it? All the religions it was in? The freaking Canadian Hocky Team (Windsor Swastikas)!

How dare Sears!

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Ahh you beat me to it. The Etruscans used it as well for protection much the way christians use the cross as protection.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

The design of a Nazi Hakenkreuz is arranged differently to that of the original, and it is fairly clear which one has been used to inspire the ring in question, and I for one think that it is entirely unacceptable for Sears to a) allow this sort of thing to be sold through a site they host on, and b) to make any bloody excuses for their third party partners. What they should do is break ties with, then sue the people who were offering this product for anything they can get, and put some money in the coffers of anti-fascism organisations, just to cover their asses if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

Yeah come on guys. It's been like 75 years or so. The symbol is entirely clean now. We should all be wearing swastikas and KKK outfits because racism is long dead now and the world is a happy tolerant place. Plus they're so fashionable.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wasn't there an intended "Black Sun" connotation?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

NO BREAKS for scum...
MAKE that clear before some DIVERSITY clown shows up.
edit on 16-10-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Probably.

All I need to know about the precise symbol on the ring in question, however, is that all who wear it are advocates of the most evil philosophy ever to be unleashed on the face of this planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

What's the "Black Sun" connotation I could find anything but some music references.

a reply to: TrueBrit

I find it interesting that most misunderstand that. It might be a good thing in one respect but those that understand know I need not elaborate on it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
SEARS selling such an item even by a third party is still controversial and not expecting any sort of backlash is ignorance on their part. *Whether justified or not* Just another nail in their nearly prepared coffin. I wasn't sure if they were still in business, all locations I know of were already closed.

edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is so.... awesome....

Can I get the iron eagle lapel pin?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hate to burst your bubbles, but Sears Marketplace is just links to other sites that sell through sears site. I doubt they vet anything, and this seller will love it's privilege's to post to the Sears Marketplace.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Its an occult symbol.

Many believe that certain players in the upper echeleons of the Nazi heirarchy were also into the darker end of the occult. Me personally, I am pretty sure that it does not matter a damn what they were into, as long as those who carry on their hate based beliefs into this century and those yet to come, are prevented from actually obtaining any power, ever again.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

SEARS selling such an item even by a third party is still controversial and not expecting any sort of backlash is ignorance on their part. *Whether justified or not* Just another nail in their nearly prepared coffin. I wasn't sure if they were still in business, all locations I know of were already closed.

No you can't, if you turn the ring around it still appears the same.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join