It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Sentences Reformist Shiite Cleric to ‘Crucifixion’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds like it isn't worth it to them.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I said in my opinion...
I don't speak for the other 1.6billion!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

A star on your post!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

DP
edit on b000000312014-10-16T18:48:31-05:0006America/ChicagoThu, 16 Oct 2014 18:48:31 -0500600000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks...
Appreciate your passion in debate.

My point overall is that Saudi Law is beyond even Sharia Law...
It's all based on the doctrines of the psychopath Al Wahab...

Sharia Law would not even attempt to place Royalty on such a pedestal as to say they cannot be criticised!

Yes that's the same Sharia Law everyone threats about without a shred of detail on how it works...
They hear the end result and make assumptions...

But no Royalty has such a high ordinance in Islam...
The House of Saud are scum basically!
edit on 16-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hmmm, this could be the first time ever that a person such as this may actually fair better in North Korea ?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Dangerous move, executing the guy and risking creating a martyr.

Saudi royals are so nasty, if public opinion goes against them, the judge will be scapegoated.

Astute enough to know Nimr Baqr al-Nimr was a threat to their hegemony, too stupid to reason with the man and wrestle away control of the narrative but sly enough to coerce the judge to mete the most severe of sanctions. A truly unpleasant bunch of psycho control freaks that feast on the suffering of others.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I understand all of that.

Does this mean that the government of Saudi Arabia is not Islamic?

I am pretty sure that I know where Mecca is.

So since Jerusalem is in Israel that is drawn to Zionistic Tendencies all Jews are Zionistic since Zionists have control over the holy land? Not really true is it.

You cannot tell people that they support Wahabbi/Salafi just because both the Wahabbi/Salafi and the other Islam considers themselves the right view of Islam. Islam have many different versions just like Christianity and all should be looked at separately to see if they are wise or unwise.

And as you probably have noticed there are people here on this thread that are Muslim who see Wahabbi/Salafi as a heresy to what Islam is.

From my way of thinking Wahabbi/Salafi suffers from the same illness that Nazism had (duality genocide) and should at every point be described as the worthless ideology it is.
edit on 16-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sharia means way to god. One can have personal sharia as sharia is only guidelines

In the time of Muhammad (PBUH) in Arabia the laws of sharia we're implemented to the time and location. Sharia greatly improved living conditions for everyone at the time of on going tribal feudalism and pagan idol worship which ceased after sharia.

And to littlebylittle it says in the Quran that sects in a religion is blasphemy and Muhammed said that sects dividing a religion is dividing you against god. Surely god knows what you do.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So since Jerusalem is in Israel

False statement.
Jerusalem is in Palestine and the Palestinian capital.

From my way of thinking Wahabbi/Salafi suffers from the same illness that Nazism had (duality genocide) and should at every point be described as the worthless ideology it is.

Agreed.
So is Zionism.

edit on 16-10-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi
Sharia means way to god. One can have personal sharia as sharia is only guidelines

In the time of Muhammad (PBUH) in Arabia the laws of sharia we're implemented to the time and location. Sharia greatly improved living conditions for everyone at the time of on going tribal feudalism and pagan idol worship which ceased after sharia.

From my point of view.

Sharia had it time when it was better than what was before. I like that usury is not allowed since it is a parasitic behavior that live of other people work/contribution.

Some of sharia is still good other parts should not be followed at all since they have not good application in the context we live in. If you can use sharia for yourself to reach the higher levels (as a way to god) then good for you but make sure you do not limit "my freedom or my soul brothers and soul sisters freedom" and path seeking with your Sharia.

Surely god knows what you do.

Better than I do.
. I have had my own experiences myself so Religions for me becomes to small to show the whole picture I have experienced. One of the reasons I do not want religions to limit my experiences even if I do feel very close to what Rumi and Sufi talk about.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I agree. When people think or read of sharia it brings them to the dark ages it was meant to save the world from. Indeed it's an old world ideology in a modern world. Fundamentalist try to stick with old laws which only belong in 7th century Arabia.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

So since Jerusalem is in Israel

False statement.
Jerusalem is in Palestine and the Palestinian capital.

Now you are from my point of view a bit pedantic. Yes both Israel and Palestine claim it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I wonder where the Brits come in giving away Palestine to Jews from turkey ?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well it's good to be precise.

As much as Israel claims it, it's not theirs and will never be.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Male and female circumcision are not the same. one is cutting the skin on a penis. Its torture to a baby, and I don't approve of it, because its done without pain killers that can cause the infant to vomit and choke to death. In women, its removal, without pain killers and often with horribly primitive instruments, of their clitoris, and everything like a Barbie Doll, often the case, and then many of them are sewn up. It is the most hideous thing in the universe to imagine, aside from those same countries cutting off their breasts in punishments as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It just goes to show you FF, an Ayatollah, who has over 25 years of religious education in Islam, says Saudia doesn't even try to follow Islam, and they kill him for it.

Yet people will try to blame this on Islam too and say how evil Islam is... while I say its how evil people can be...

most especially those dang wahabbis.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Oh our good friends and allies the Saudis...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Mensa180

It is a particularly vicious punishment from the ruling family. Why is it when a country deals out punishment, it is automatically a religious based punishment?

Why?
Because that country has a government defined as a unitary ISLAMIC absolute monarchy.
Wikipedia: Saudi Arabia

www.saudiembassy.net

That would be like saying bc the US killed Sadam Hussein, Christianity is a barbaric religion.

Except that the US has no state religion. We tolerate religions here.... any of them. Try handing out Bibles in most Middle Eastern countries.

The Cleric didn't break Islamic law, he spoke ill of the House of Saud. Bad things are going to happen to you if you do things like that in the Middle East.
Let me explain myself so that the picture is clear for you.
I used to be like you. I was anti-Middle East everything, especially after 9/11. Angry. Six years later, I got into the music business. Now, I have a Middle Eastern investor and I have been given a different perspective of what life is really like there. And, what we've been programed to believe about their culture & religion is not even close to accurate. So when I hear people talk about things that they don't actually know about, I almost always speak up. In this case, I have immersed myself to learn as much as possible over the last year. Mostly because I'm trying to avoid trouble.
This is how they do it, there.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Mensa180 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

a reply to: luciddream

Except that the US has no state religion. Some countries do. The US doesn't.

Right. Here's a test for you then. Name one U.S. President who has not been filmed & photographed in a church in the last 50 years. Those images are global & they go out everywhere. The impression is that the U.S. is predominantly Christian from a global perspective. The truth doesn't matter. It's all about perspectives.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join