It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare, Congress, Fraud!! No couldn't be!!! Another Lawsuit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

At a Wednesday press conference to announce the filing of a lawsuit challenging health insurance coverage for members of Congress through the District of Columbia’s small business exchange, Judicial Watch President Thomas Fitton called the arrangement “fraud.”

Fitton based his remarks on the D.C. law requiring small businesses to have 50 employees or less to get insurance through the small business exchange, and on documents obtained by the government watchdog group through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the District of Columbia Health Benefit Exchange Authority.

“The documents we’ve obtained from the D.C. Health exchange show that every member of Congress who is enrolled in Obamacare has obtained their insurance coverage and any taxpayers subsidies through fraud,” Fitton said at the event at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
cnsnews.com...

Ummm ya!! Love it!!
Exemptions, delays, crappy websites that cost a fortune, religious businesses that get religious protection that they don''t have the decency to give to the people, and of course fraud!! Is there any limit as to just how far they will go to make this poorly thought out mess of a law work???

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
From OP Source

“At least 12,359 members of Congress, Congressional staffers and their spouses and dependents currently purchase health insurance in D.C.’s small business exchange even though Congress far exceeds D.C. law’s 50 employee limit for participating in the exchange,” Fitton said.

He added that with a total of 14,289 people signed up through the small business exchange, members of Congress, staff, spouses and dependants make up about 86 percent of all enrollees between October 2013 and September 2014.

Yowwwwza! Quite the figure!

I got a crisp, plastic $5 CDN Bill for anyone that wants to bet that no one gets a fraud charge out of this.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18543074]0bservant[/postood

You are probably right so I wouldn't take the bet but you've got to admit that is does show just how crappy the law is if the lawmakers have to commit fraud just so their people can get the health insurance!

Wonder which those lawmakers would prefer. Since there is no way anyone in my family could come up with the funds for the insurance premiums along with the deductable and have enough money left over to have food even forget about the rent. Well would they prefer we commit fraud also or would they prefer that they just give us an exemption also? Because quit e frankly we aren't interested in throwing that kind of money into something that really isn't any use to us just to prop up a system that they are allowed to commit fraud to get the subsidies that I don't think we even qualify for!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This thread needs more attention.
Quit looking at Ebola threads for a day or two people!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

we could always tie the two together
with higher premiums deductibles more people will be holding off going to the doctor till that are half dead
means more chance of ebola spreading

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Try it, this didn't get enough SnF, imo.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

start a new thread about it I think many see my name and just kind of avoid it!
I think I can be kind of a pain in the butt sometimes

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

start a new thread about it I think many see my name and just kind of avoid it!
I think I can be kind of a pain in the butt sometimes

Done and Done, changed the title to reflect that of the news source, if you see anything else you would like changed, let me know!

Click here for new thread link

new topics

top topics

join