It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Hi

n conclusion, if it was not for these negative aspects and others that i know nothing off but, JW would seem like a nice religion that i would not mind being a part of, were i to be religious.

I spent years studying religions of all kinds and simply ancient writings of all kinds. in the end i feel that the closest I have found to matching at least the biblical collections in acts is the JW's if i were to be a part of a religion which i won't, it would be them.

As far as rejection of those who have studied come to believe and then rejected the teaching thus the offer by jesus sacrafice...it makes sense to me.

“But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother who is sexually immoral, covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.” (I Corinthians 5:11)

“Moreover, if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the congregation. But if he refuses even to hear the congregation let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.” (Matthew 18:15-17)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Francis Chan has a couple videos that have some very interesting insight on this subject...

How do Jehovah's Witnesses react when they meet someone really excited about God and the Bible and they want to talk about it? Often times they can't run away fast enough. Are they really looking for people who love God and love the Bible or are they just looking for people who will blindly submit themselves to their doctrine?

Francis Chan told about the time two Jehovah's Witnesses came to his house. He listened for a minute and then asked if he could tell him about the things that God was doing in his life and how God was answering his prayers. One of them responded that God doesn't listen to everyone.

He told them that the week before he was preparing for a conference where they go and care for the poor and make 10,000 hot meals but they didn't have any meat or any money. They have been praying all week...and an hour after the announcement was made that they didn't have anything to give...Trader Joe's called and said that all of their freezers had broken down...and could they use all of the meat. Then a giant U-haul pulled up loaded down with chicken and pork chops and steaks. Isn't God awesome!? The lady looked at her friend and said lets get out of here. They started walking away...and he went and walked with them!

I told them my struggle is if you started with this (scripture), would you ever come up with your belief system? That is so hard to get from this book, if I just read this book... I can't get that from here, I can't get your mixing the book of mormon... here's my problem, I wouldn't come up with this whole theology if I started with this...

One of them said "What are you...a Pentecostal?" He responded with "It doesn't matter, all you need to know is that I'm a human just like you and I read the Bible for myself...study it and then I pray to God and that God listens to me." She responded "Well that's your problem...you read it for yourself. You can't understand it unless one of our leaders explains it for you." But that is the real problem. They didn't believe that the Holy Spirit is real...and there is power in the book...he can speak to you. You put your faith in people to tell you what it says...but you can't trust people to tell you the Bible, you have to read it for yourself. God will tell you what it says when you open the book for yourself.

Don't look down on those ladies for not reading it for themselves. Do you know the book well enough? How do you know that your pastor or Louie Giglio or Francis Chan or John Piper or Tyson Coughlin or Jon Shea or Mickey Connolly or Joe Lechner are telling you the truth if you don't know it for yourself?! I'm not saying that you can't learn from those men, they are all incredible men who study God's word for themselves...but for you to be able to own scripture for yourself, you have to know scripture for yourself! Don't spend time searching for the best preacher or the most popular or passionate or scholarly or entertaining or expressive pastor...read it for yourself! God tells you himself! You have to be on your guard and know the Bible well enough to know when someone lies to you.

Taking God At His Word

Here is the full video, the short versions are taken from the 27:25 min. point:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Does Francis Chan get paid to preach God's Word, or does he do it for free?

The women he spoke to share God's Word for free.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I am an X witness too,I don't have any ax to grind either, I investigated deeply into the early leadership of the witnesses, they were into the occult, fascinating stuff.

ctrussell.wordpress.com...

Charles Taze Russell In 1891 pyramidology reached a global audience when it was integrated into the works of Charles Taze Russell, founder of the Bible Student movement.[13] Russell however denounced the British-Israelite variant of pyramidology in an article called The Anglo-Israelitish Question .[14] Adopting Joseph Seiss's designation that the Great Pyramid of Giza was "the Bible in stone" Russell taught that it played a special part in God's plan during the "last days" basing his interpretation on Isaiah 19:19-20 which says - "In that day shall there be an altar (pile of stones) to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar (Hebrew matstebah, or monument) at the border thereof to the Lord. And it shall be for a sign, and for a witness unto the Lord of Hosts in the land of Egypt."[15] Two brothers, archaeologists John and Morton Edgar, as personal associates and supporters of Russell, wrote extensive treatises on the history, nature, and prophetic symbolism of the Great Pyramid in relation to the then known archaeological history, along with their interpretations of prophetic and Biblical chronology. They are best known for their two-volume work Great Pyramid Passages and Chambers, published in 1910 and 1913.[16] Although most Bible Student groups continue to support and endorse the study of pyramidology from a Biblical perspective, the Bible Students associated with the Watchtower Society, who choose ’Jehovah's Witnesses’ as their new name in 1931, have abandoned pyramidology entirely since 1928.[17][18]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dusty1

So does Satan, he 'shared' God's Word with the Lord Jesus Christ when tempting Him as well.

Do not believe everyone who can quote you a text.

History is strewn with cults who twist Scriptures and use them as bait for false credibility.

BIBLICAL HOOK: A text of Scripture is quoted primarily as a device to grasp the attention of readers or listeners and then followed by a teaching which is so nonbiblical that it would appear far more dubious to most people had it not been preceded by a reference to Scripture.

Scripture Twisting Methods of the Cults

So unless a person hears God’s voice and senses His Spirit when receiving the words from God, there is no rhema, there is no faith, there is no life, and there will be no good fruit produced. In fact when people quote scriptures with out being led by the Holy Spirit they produce death not life. Remember even Satan can quote scriptures, Mat. 4:6. People in the New Age movement quote scriptures, Muslims accept some scriptures, and many cults will use some scriptures from the Bible, but there is no true faith produced when they quote the Bible.

The Pharisees and Sadducees used the scriptures to bring death, as do some religious leaders today, but when Jesus quoted scriptures it brought life. Jesus says “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63) Too many pastors and Bible teachers are bringing death to people instead of life by speaking un-anointed words, that is words that the Holy Spirit has not led them to speak.

Hearing God's Voice

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
One of the oddities of the "Jehovah's Witnesses" is that they will tell you they don't believe in God, they believe in Jehovah. I have always scratched my head at this because I always thought God and Jehovah were one in the same. Apparently, at least according to "Witnesses," they are not. Ask them for yourself. Ask them if they believe in God. See what they tell you. It may surprise you. It did me.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Well, I would assume they are referring to a one world government under Christ, which is essentially a scriptural promise. Seriously doubt they are referring to the facade of a one world government or new order that many in the current political spectrum speak of. Then there again, with the JWs, who knows? They are a rather odd religion/organization. P.S: Another aspect is every Jehovah's Witness I have ever met are vehemently anti war, as am I. Perhaps, they view a one world government as the only logical means by which to end the perpetual warfare which we currently find ourselves in. Don't know, just throwing it out there.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Francis Chan has a couple videos that have some very interesting insight on this subject...

How do Jehovah's Witnesses react when they meet someone really excited about God and the Bible and they want to talk about it? Often times they can't run away fast enough.

He told them that the week before he was preparing for a conference where they go and care for the poor and make 10,000 hot meals but they didn't have any meat or any money. They have been praying all week...and an hour after the announcement was made that they didn't have anything to give...Trader Joe's called and said that all of their freezers had broken down...and could they use all of the meat. Then a giant U-haul pulled up loaded down with chicken and pork chops and steaks. Isn't God awesome!? The lady looked at her friend and said lets get out of here. They started walking away...and he went and walked with them!

That happened to me once. I was door knocking one morning and I knocked on a door that must have been a manse(vicarage) there was a Uniting Church symbol on the glass beside the door. A woman came out and I told her my name and that I wanted to share a scripture with her, because that was the tactic we had discussed that morning, to share a scripture rather than pull out the literature straight off. Anyway, she started telling me about how lovely Jesus is and how she talks to him and the wonderful times they have together. i could tell that she was genuine and not crazy or demon possessed, and it made me wonder for years later how she could have a relationship with God but not be a JW as all others are wrong and we are right. She used my name whilst she was talking. I happened to knock on that same door about a year later and she recognized me and used my name. I reckon that lady had prayed for me. Anyway, it was one of the holes poked in the veil of darkness over my eyes. You see, according to JWs no one who is not associated with the "faithful and discreet slave" of which their governing body is the representative can have God's approval. They believe that God only works through one organization on Earth and that they have it. So that lady was either speaking to an communing with a demon or crazy. But I could see from the look on her face that it couldn't have been. I suppose I wanted what she had, a real relationship with Jesus, not some set of rules.
edit on 17/10/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
One of the oddities of the "Jehovah's Witnesses" is that they will tell you they don't believe in God, they believe in Jehovah. I have always scratched my head at this because I always thought God and Jehovah were one in the same. Apparently, at least according to "Witnesses," they are not. Ask them for yourself. Ask them if they believe in God. See what they tell you. It may surprise you. It did me.

Are you sure you said God and not Jesus? They dont believe that Jesus and Jehovah are the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dusty1

Does Francis Chan get paid to preach God's Word, or does he do it for free?

How does that reflect on what Francis said?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Yes, I am sure I said God. Here is what I said, "Yes, I believe in God." Their exact response was, "Well, we don't believe in God, but we do believe in Jehovah. Can we tell you about him?" I will never forget it because it threw me for a loop. If they would have said what you said it wouldn't have been such a shock, because I don't view Jesus and Jehovah as one in the same either, but that is neither here nor there, I suppose...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Cinrad

No.... Here is what I said, "Yes, I believe in God." Their exact response was, "Well, we don't believe in God, but we do believe in Jehovah. Can we tell you about him?" I will never forget it because it threw me for a loop. If they would have said what you said it wouldn't have been such a shock, because I don't view Jesus and Jehovah as one in the same either, but that is neither here nor there, I suppose....

If you just say, "I believe in God", without identifying by name, then it kind of leaves it up in the air, since some believe that there are many "Gods".

They want to make sure that you know that their God has a name, which they want to use all the time. Not just call him "God"

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

Meh.... Lol. I understand what you're saying, but, you have to firstly understand that I am SPIRITUAL and not particularly religious; yes, there is a differentiation, heh, so the whole name issue is sort of an after thought for me.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because:
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Meh.... Lol. I understand what you're saying, but, you have to firstly understand that I am SPIRITUAL and not particularly religious; yes, there is a differentiation, heh, so the whole name issue is sort of an after thought for me.
edit on 17-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because:

There you go. They're different than you, in that regard, because they believe that the "name aspect" is a very big deal extra DIV

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

It would make sense.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash

originally posted by: ladyteeny
the JW cult is insidious. i find it ridiculous that supposed grown people can't see that living by the words of someone that lived a mere 100 years ago is utterly wrong.

A lot of people find it ridiculous and insidious that supposed grown people live their lives by the words of someone who supposedly lived 2,000 years ago (you know who) or 1,400 years ago (yes, the other one).

agreed. i'm one of them. as far as i'm concerned the bible is nothing but a work of fiction anyway. catholic boarding school helped me see that one!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Could have been that does make sense, it didn't actually go in too any detail as it was just on the front of the invite too their convention so who knows, although i thought that will be along the lines of what will happen after they will all be reincarnated on their paradise earth after armageddon? My grandmother used too drill that in too me as a child from about the age of 4 it scared the 5#%! out of me as a small child hearing about this massive apocolyptic event that would come like a theif in the night and kill everyone that isn't a JW!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This JW video answers that question

This is not from a JW bible but a King James bible
Romans 10: 13&14

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD,( Jehovah, Joel 2:31,32 2Ti 2:19 ) shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?

Whatever your belief system is within the realm of Christianity, this bible verse tells us to call on the actual name of God/Lord to be saved. So it's important we learn what it is in our own language, I have studied this extensively and have threads on it here at ATS.
For a fact in ENGLISH it is Jehovah, in a English bible it is Jehovah. In a Hebrew bible it would be Yahweh, in other languages in other bibles it would be different again.

Finally Google translate has an unbiased translation of the Hebrew here

edit on 17-10-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Fopicon

After reading a lot of comments...

Witnesses are regular people who have regular problems. They are individuals who have been wearing blinders for so long they have become blinded to truth when it hits them in the face. They have some very high ideals that most of us would fall short of, so why judge them when they also fail to hit the mark, at least they are trying.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How do Jehovah's Witnesses react when they meet someone really excited about God and the Bible and they want to talk about it? Often times they can't run away fast enough. Are they really looking for people who love God and love the Bible or are they just looking for people who will blindly submit themselves to their doctrine?

This certainly was not true in my case, I had read my bible through 3 times and studied it through for years when I let them show me what they teach( the ones I met were impressively knowledgeable) and even attended their Kingdom Hall, but we have to remember that there are individuals out there each of those people may feel and respond very differently under different circumstances and how long they have been teaching from door to door.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join