It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fopicon
You don't hear about Jehovah's Witnesses in the media that often if at all. They do exist and they are becoming a widely accepted religion. I was born into a JW family and continued showing interest in the religion as I got older. A growing problem within the JW congregations (churches) is the younger ones who do some sort of wrongful act that is against the pre-set rules. This can be anything but not limited to smoking, drugs, alcohol or premarital sex.

At the age of 16 I had become our congregations youngest Ministerial Servant. There are two "ranks" in a congregation. Ministerial Servant and Elder. I'll link sources to various bits of information at the end of this post.

When I turned 17 I had started to slowly drift away from my duties as a MS and the Elders took quick notice of this. I was called in to have a meeting with the Elders and other MS. The Elders were sending one MS and one Elder to Bethel. Bethel is basically the JW HQ. I was chosen along with the Elder who recommended I should be appointed MS. I had known him for my entire life and felt more calm about heading to Bethel after my recent divided attention towards congregation duties. I must mention that by this time I had started to actually read what JW's are all about despite being born into the religion. The Internet was my source for much of the information I researched. I didn't have many doubts at that point in time regarding the beliefs. While I did read some disturbing information and rumors, I tried to push them aside and let Jehovah strengthen me with "power that is beyond normal" to get through this.

My first week at Bethel was very pleasant. I learned so much from the brothers and sisters there. I even got to meet several "144,000". A few around my own age! This is great I thought. These young brothers and sisters can help get me through this moment of doubt and lack of attention. I was more excited now. Everyone there was very nice and polite. Humbling and modest. Most JW's are. "144,000" or not.

(side note: please excuse any grammars or anything that doesn't quite make sense, I'm very tired as of typing this. thank you for understanding.)

Move ahead two weeks from the initial week. This is now my third week at Bethel. The night before my third week there I had a strange dream. I've never had one quite like it at that point in my life. Elders and MS were present in a dark room. The atmosphere felt very uneasy. I felt fear and terror. I woke soon after. I shrugged it off without a second thought. It's just a dream I told myself. My mind was just overactive I told myself.

When we headed to sleep on the third week I had decided to stay awake and roam about the various buildings and rooms that were connected in tunnels and sky walks. I had no intentions. I was just wandering about and checking everything out. I had found it was much more empty than the other nights. Security guards were roaming the halls which isn't unusual. In fact, one of them asked if I was lost and looking for the Elders. I told him I was not lost but asked about the Elders. He shook his head and waved with his hand to follow him. We walked for some time it seemed. In one of the main hallways was what appeared to be a small crack in the wall. Come to find out it was not just a crack in the wall but instead a door that is opened by pushing and holding that area for a few brief seconds. Stairs led down and the guard waved me on. I told him thank you and slowly made my way down the stairs. The walls and flooring wasn't like the style in the main areas. The walls were white and the floor was a very smooth marble. Looked like something from a movie.

What I heard next is something I thought I would never hear. What I saw still "haunts" me to this day. The Elders were there. My friend and mentor was also present. The chanting was surreal. They spoke in tongues and often mentioned "power beyond what is normal" and chanted more frequently about the "144,000".

"Our lord, we your faithful servants, doing your will, commanding your slaves, bring you offerings of the apostates who spoil your name, hear us lord, fill us with power that is beyond normal, let us perform acts through your power"

Jehovah's Witnesses are not what they appear to be. When I left for home. I committed acts against the religion such as drugs, sex and drinking. I was disfellowshipped. Exiled from my family. Forgotten. We often talk of the Illuminati or Freemasons. Or any other countless societies. This too is one to add to that list. While they maintain an image to is positive and pure to "the slaves", they also maintain something far more insidious behind closed doors.

I have to stop here. I am far too tired to continue right now. I will be replying to posts and adding more to what I've found tomorrow. For now I ask you to comment and let me know if you've ever experienced anything similar or heard about strange things.

????? Did you know the JWs originally claimed Jesus lived on another planet,I think the Pleadies or some such place.

You were wise to break free. If you would like to discuss your experiences in private with someone who has experience like your own feel free to PM me.

Congratulations.

Elders Secret Handbook

Witness Outreach

JW Leaks

Official JW Website

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I was a JW for 26 years, fully sold out, card carrying member. From the time I was 3 and my mom got sucked in till I was 29 and I saw the light. I was a pioneer for years though never worked at Bethel (not through lack of trying). I dont believe the OPs story either. Though he might have been an MS at 16, I am pretty sure that congregations dont send elders and MSs to Bethel. You need to apply and it isnt easy to get in. He could have gone as a guest for a short time, I know some of them who live close the the various country headquarters can volunteer for a few days a week or so, but they dont live there. To sleep there you would have to have been accepted by them, not sent from your congo. Furthermore there is no way the guard would have taken him to that room, no reason for it nor would he have been authorized. The whole org works on secrecy and levels of what you are allowed to know or not. Also, speaking in tongues and other powerful works are anathema to JWs.

But Fopicon, Bro, I believe you have a memory of some experience that shook you up. I dont mean this in any nasty way at all, but you said you did drugs, I wonder if a trip and some memories got mixed up? Or maybe you had a breakdown at around that time or since?

My guess is that you attended some Pente churches since leaving the JW cult, and/or you read some stuff on the internet, and have since had a breakdown and got things a bit mixed up. Are you sure your dream wasnt recent? Getting disfellowshipped from the org, when it is all you knew from childhood, is extremely traumatic. Are you having PTSD symptoms now? I have seen it happen lots of times. My brother went catatonic several times when he was being dragged through the judicial committees.

Jesus really did come so you could have a personal relationship with him, ask him to help you sort it all out.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Fopicon

There are many different paths to enlightenment. Sadly the common problem with organized religions is that they always think thier way of teaching is best and want to discredit all other schools of thought. If you had been raised as a Buddhist or maybe even a shaman and you had walked into that scene you would have most likely sat down and joined being more open to others and thier beliefs. You had been conditioned towards organization and silent prayer, which is probably why that instance shocked you as it did.

Just saw Cinrad's post, good points.
edit on 16-10-2014 by QuietSpeech because: Added information

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You don't hear about Jehovah's Witnesses in the media that often if at all. They do exist and they are becoming a widely accepted religion. I was born into a JW family and continued showing interest in the religion as I got older. A growing problem within the JW congregations (churches) is the younger ones who do some sort of wrongful act that is against the pre-set rules. This can be anything but not limited to smoking, drugs, alcohol or premarital sex.

At the age of 16 I had become our congregations youngest Ministerial Servant. There are two "ranks" in a congregation. Ministerial Servant and Elder. I'll link sources to various bits of information at the end of this post.

When I turned 17 I had started to slowly drift away from my duties as a MS and the Elders took quick notice of this. I was called in to have a meeting with the Elders and other MS. The Elders were sending one MS and one Elder to Bethel. Bethel is basically the JW HQ. I was chosen along with the Elder who recommended I should be appointed MS. I had known him for my entire life and felt more calm about heading to Bethel after my recent divided attention towards congregation duties. I must mention that by this time I had started to actually read what JW's are all about despite being born into the religion. The Internet was my source for much of the information I researched. I didn't have many doubts at that point in time regarding the beliefs. While I did read some disturbing information and rumors, I tried to push them aside and let Jehovah strengthen me with "power that is beyond normal" to get through this.

My first week at Bethel was very pleasant. I learned so much from the brothers and sisters there. I even got to meet several "144,000". A few around my own age! This is great I thought. These young brothers and sisters can help get me through this moment of doubt and lack of attention. I was more excited now. Everyone there was very nice and polite. Humbling and modest. Most JW's are. "144,000" or not.

(side note: please excuse any grammars or anything that doesn't quite make sense, I'm very tired as of typing this. thank you for understanding.)

Move ahead two weeks from the initial week. This is now my third week at Bethel. The night before my third week there I had a strange dream. I've never had one quite like it at that point in my life. Elders and MS were present in a dark room. The atmosphere felt very uneasy. I felt fear and terror. I woke soon after. I shrugged it off without a second thought. It's just a dream I told myself. My mind was just overactive I told myself.

When we headed to sleep on the third week I had decided to stay awake and roam about the various buildings and rooms that were connected in tunnels and sky walks. I had no intentions. I was just wandering about and checking everything out. I had found it was much more empty than the other nights. Security guards were roaming the halls which isn't unusual. In fact, one of them asked if I was lost and looking for the Elders. I told him I was not lost but asked about the Elders. He shook his head and waved with his hand to follow him. We walked for some time it seemed. In one of the main hallways was what appeared to be a small crack in the wall. Come to find out it was not just a crack in the wall but instead a door that is opened by pushing and holding that area for a few brief seconds. Stairs led down and the guard waved me on. I told him thank you and slowly made my way down the stairs. The walls and flooring wasn't like the style in the main areas. The walls were white and the floor was a very smooth marble. Looked like something from a movie.

What I heard next is something I thought I would never hear. What I saw still "haunts" me to this day. The Elders were there. My friend and mentor was also present. The chanting was surreal. They spoke in tongues and often mentioned "power beyond what is normal" and chanted more frequently about the "144,000".

"Our lord, we your faithful servants, doing your will, commanding your slaves, bring you offerings of the apostates who spoil your name, hear us lord, fill us with power that is beyond normal, let us perform acts through your power"

Jehovah's Witnesses are not what they appear to be. When I left for home. I committed acts against the religion such as drugs, sex and drinking. I was disfellowshipped. Exiled from my family. Forgotten. We often talk of the Illuminati or Freemasons. Or any other countless societies. This too is one to add to that list. While they maintain an image to is positive and pure to "the slaves", they also maintain something far more insidious behind closed doors.

I have to stop here. I am far too tired to continue right now. I will be replying to posts and adding more to what I've found tomorrow. For now I ask you to comment and let me know if you've ever experienced anything similar or heard about strange things.

Elders Secret Handbook

Witness Outreach

JW Leaks

Official JW Website

S&F for such a detailed post. I must admit that I do not know much about JW and thought they were just another 7th Day Adventist type of group.

WHat is this "144,000" you mention several times?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
These nutty religions where you claim you love all but then they'll disown their own children...I just don't get it.
I was a member of the Latterdays for a short period in life. Long enough to start seeing all the contradictions and things that just don't make sense. I was fortunate enough not to have been brainwashed from childhood with it. Just like the JW's, they are super nice people but also very gullible.

Religions that have secret meetings or temples only the "worthy" can enter should be the first sign that something isn't right. You want me to follow your way but then you can't tell me everything from the beginning until I'm initiatied?..that's a Cult.

Any day two members of the church will just pop up at my door trying to get me back. Boy are they going to be surprised when I sit them down for a chat. Over 10 years later I have some life experiences I want to throw their way and just see how they handle it.

Back then I prayed and prayed for what I should do and my answer was to get out and not look back.

God is not in a brick and mortar church, it's in you.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Most of my experiences with JWs have been ok really and nothing special to report. But once, after a long night on the town, this former punk-skin turned JW fellow I knew offered his couch and half a bottle of Jack that had been lying around since his conversion, so I went with him. Halfway to his apartment I decided to have some fun, and despite friend's warnings I took a run for it off the track to make a shortcut over a huge pile of used bricks, and I ended up in the bottom of the other side much quicker than the time and effort I used on the way up, in other words I went head first down the mountain of bricks and got a hole in my leg, through which I could see me shin move back and forth for months. Didn't break it or anything, and didn't hurt much either probably since I was rather drunk, but the wound took a year to heal, very little blood vessels on the shin I guess. Wasn't much to do about it other than letting the skin do it's thing and wait. Didn't really set me back, no cane or pain involved really, it was more like "Free beer or I'll show you the hole!". Lots of free beers down at the pub for a while.

When we came up to his apartment I had my life first real discussion on the Bible and religion with a learned individual, and it intrigued me deeply. It turned out that he had been raised as JW and his punk side which I knew him by-- was just a fling sort of, maybe like you say, some kind of natural reaction or a rebellion to all the dogma and rules involved with JW. Until then, I was in my early twenties, I had never really considered religion to be anything else than pearl earrings and terrible music tossed in some funky fakirs and old men with funny hats in way too spacious buildings. But sitting there I recalled seeing the film about Eco's masterpiece 'Name of the Rose', the Sean Connery one, a few years earlier, and the same feeling struck me. This was my Field, this was my Way. This was to be my Long and Winding Road. And my punk friend was the lamp at the bottom of that ascension. Ever since that day I've been deeply interested in religion.

Taking shortcuts in religion or life or wandering off the offered track to go by the stars and stumble over piles of "bricks thoroughly burnt", well there have been challenges, but the truth is, I got to the door sooner than my friend arrived with the keys to lock us in. Plenty of symbols here.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Elders Secret Handbook

Witness Outreach

JW Leaks

Official JW Website

S&F for such a detailed post. I must admit that I do not know much about JW and thought they were just another 7th Day Adventist type of group.

The witness believe that after jesus returns,144000 will be saved in the new kingdom.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: nukedog

Good for you, the two that knocks on my house must have 150 years between the both of them.

I don't have good experience with them, nor with evangelist in general, from were I come from they are not very liked, they are seemed like evil for some reason, funny enough my father had a small company and a Jehovah witness worked for him around 10 years, when he leaved, by own free will, he sued us trying to take the company as he was owned ownership due to his work, at the end was his pastor or whatever its called the one with the idea, also the company have a terrain is not at use so he allow people to grow crops in it, again a pair of evangelist brothers tried to take the land from us claiming they came to an abandon plot and they constructed irrigation arrays and so on, all lies of course, but again the idea seem to came from the pastor.

My wife says they are after my money. I keep an American penny in my pocket, and I show the friendly ladies that I just don't have the money to donate and show them the penny. This was about 6 years ago, they still come by and leave their English books in our mailbox. I do chat with them occasionally since one speaks English. Nice people, but I do find it odd when I see them dragging their children along visiting on a Saturday morning.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I know a few folks that go to the local kingdom hall and I would say they are 5 to 10 years away from drinking the coolaid.
My wife was raised JW and saw the light early. She said as the older folks died off that the younger people really started going off the deep end. To be honest I've heard the same stories about other churches.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I've read everyones replies and will be replying in a single post. This is why I love ATS. You meet many skeptics and not just someone who believes what they read online. I've had rest so hopefully I can provide everyone with more information.

a reply to: kwakakev

Yes, JW's tend to be all about the end and the New System. The New System is basically life everlasting after Armageddon when eternal life begins on a paradise Earth. As I've come to learn they made several set dates when it was supposed to happen but it never did, obviously. It's.. complicated.

a reply to: ladyteeny

I have heard many stories of sexual abuse but fortunately it's not something I ever experienced from other JWs. My uncle molested me when I was younger but he didn't believe in the religion or it's beliefs. I'm sorry to hear about your ex daughter inlaw though. That is definitely screwed up and even offered a new car to rejoin. It's sickening, really.

a reply to: Emerald53

As I had mentioned in my initial post (although very scattered), I had some divided attention around that time. The dream I previously had the night before didn't exactly make me feel good although I had said I tried to shrug it off as my mind being overactive. When a bunch of people gather and speak in tongues (something JWs do NOT do and find it to be demonic), you also would feel fear when you've been brought up your entire life and taught that these things are of Satanic nature and absolutely evil to the core.

I apologize everyone, it's a bit later than I had thought and I do have work in an hour. I bookmarked the page so I will be coming back to reply. Again, thank you everyone for your replies. You've all made some very interesting points and the questions from those who asked if I've undergone bad trips from drugs and PTSD have sparked a new light into all of this. Half day today! I shall return in about 4 hours!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

They spoke in tongues and often mentioned "power beyond what is normal" and chanted more frequently about the "144,000".

I am confused, this is all within the biblical teachings why would this scare you, maybe you should go back again and read what the apostles were told they could do. Was they sacrificing a living creature...having ritualistic sex?

Maybe this was an excuse because clearly you was itching to do drugs and the other off limits stuff as you said for years.

Clearly they were not hiding this from you if you was led there to watch.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

My wife says they are after my money. I keep an American penny in my pocket, and I show the friendly ladies that I just don't have the money to donate and show them the penny.

Most of them buy the books at cost but will give them to you fee if you can't help them with those costs so they can keep getting more. They certainly provide a lot of free literature as do the Mormons.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lovely piece of fiction. Should be in Short Stories. Bullet points:

1- No 16 yo would be chosen to be a MS.
2- The 144,000 were collected from the Jews of Jesus time to now. The "Remnant" are extremely limited.
3- Which Bethel? I've been to one of them. Not that it really matters, it's crap anyways.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Those guys are on my street everyday.

Since we are so broke, why not have them deliver the mail ?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
No "modern" religions respect the creator - they are all commited to his enemy. They all originated from the same source 6 to 8000 years ago. They may have split over the centuries, but all retained the pompous arrogance that man is more intelligent than his creator, and that all of his other creations are "the enemy" of humanity. This was a fiendish plot to destroy all life on this planet permanently - including humans themselves in the end - as can be evidenced by the absolute belief that this doctrine MUST be forcibly hammered into the skull of every human on the Earth. Humanity was co-opted by the creators enemy and turned into a formidable army whose sole purpose is total destruction of life on Earth, an extremely successful strategy, which is being overwhelminging propagated to this very day!
edit on 16/10/2014 by odaeio because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Elders Secret Handbook

Witness Outreach

JW Leaks

Official JW Website

The witness believe that after jesus returns,144000 will be saved in the new kingdom.

They believe the 144000 will be a ruling class alongside jesus who will return as king, the rest of mankind will be in a perfected paradise earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have a friend who grew up as a JW, the story in the OP is indicative to the sheltered lifestyle they live. I imagine this person truly believes he is telling the truth, provided that he is who he says he is. The thing is, their outlook on life tends to be a little different. Thinking like this, while the OP's story is certainly bunk, it highlights the damage the JW community is doing on their children's minds.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Any one that claims knowledge of the unknowable is a liar and a charlatan.

"Religion began when the first scoundrel met the first fool." - Voltaire

PS: I am not a atheist.
edit on 16-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Do we still have to forgo all our guilty pleasures in this perfect paradise,
or is it a perfect party.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I have just spent last 10 minutes reading the whole internet for information on these JW. What i read does not make any coherent sense and let me explain.

1 - Me: not a religious person but i do understand religion is mostly about being a good, fair, honest person.. like Yeshua.
The god worshiped is the ultimate idea of Ghandi.

2 - What i gather from internetting: Same as with every other religion in the world, "Jehova Witnesses" are all about being good, fair, honest and pure. On the outside it is the same cover of the book. But when you look through their other beliefs, it is very disturbing. The whole idea of separation of society into 144000 and everyone else is akin to Fascism. If i am JW and i became one after the 144000 are filled out, it does not matter what i do, how good i am, i will never be selected. This is breeding ground for jealousy and other negativity. Why can we not be all equal?

Then there is the "Shunning". I would never shun anyone for any reason aside from being "cruel to other" - which covers murder, rape, pedophilia and torture...ect,ect. I do not compute how a family can do that to someone who, like people on this thread say, would just take drugs and drink and have fun with local farm girls. I keep saying what i would do because that i can distinguish right from wrong and have a moral compass which is turned off when i play video games (flying a plane into a prison, jumping out sniping a prisoner mid fall and breaking my legs on impact while singing "Team America" theme... i love video games).

In conclusion, if it was not for these negative aspects and others that i know nothing off but, JW would seem like a nice religion that i would not mind being a part of, were i to be religious.

P.S: HEY I GOT A GREAT IDEA! Let's create our own religion. We will call it the "Light of Lucifer" or sumthing worse.
It will have no hidden messages and a dogma so simple a child can follow. Starting with "We will figure out what to do in the afterlife after we die... if there is an afterlife", "Be a good individual and be a good community" "Death and murder are never a solution" "No one individual is above other in law or otherwise, save for the wisdom of life that comes from living". "Torture of mind and/or body is abolished" "Treat others as you wish to be treated" "Everything in moderation" "Work hard, play hard"(Play video games, go drink, smoke weed and fornicate but don't make it your sole daily activity). "Stay out of politics" "protect your enviroment" "do not overthink or look for loopholes of these tenants". Its an idea for a start, and kinks can be worked out later. Point is to be the opposite of all other religions but have a really bad name that christianity religions do not like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join