It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses: Behind Their Lies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
You don't hear about Jehovah's Witnesses in the media that often if at all. They do exist and they are becoming a widely accepted religion. I was born into a JW family and continued showing interest in the religion as I got older. A growing problem within the JW congregations (churches) is the younger ones who do some sort of wrongful act that is against the pre-set rules. This can be anything but not limited to smoking, drugs, alcohol or premarital sex.

At the age of 16 I had become our congregations youngest Ministerial Servant. There are two "ranks" in a congregation. Ministerial Servant and Elder. I'll link sources to various bits of information at the end of this post.

When I turned 17 I had started to slowly drift away from my duties as a MS and the Elders took quick notice of this. I was called in to have a meeting with the Elders and other MS. The Elders were sending one MS and one Elder to Bethel. Bethel is basically the JW HQ. I was chosen along with the Elder who recommended I should be appointed MS. I had known him for my entire life and felt more calm about heading to Bethel after my recent divided attention towards congregation duties. I must mention that by this time I had started to actually read what JW's are all about despite being born into the religion. The Internet was my source for much of the information I researched. I didn't have many doubts at that point in time regarding the beliefs. While I did read some disturbing information and rumors, I tried to push them aside and let Jehovah strengthen me with "power that is beyond normal" to get through this.

My first week at Bethel was very pleasant. I learned so much from the brothers and sisters there. I even got to meet several "144,000". A few around my own age! This is great I thought. These young brothers and sisters can help get me through this moment of doubt and lack of attention. I was more excited now. Everyone there was very nice and polite. Humbling and modest. Most JW's are. "144,000" or not.

(side note: please excuse any grammars or anything that doesn't quite make sense, I'm very tired as of typing this. thank you for understanding.)

Move ahead two weeks from the initial week. This is now my third week at Bethel. The night before my third week there I had a strange dream. I've never had one quite like it at that point in my life. Elders and MS were present in a dark room. The atmosphere felt very uneasy. I felt fear and terror. I woke soon after. I shrugged it off without a second thought. It's just a dream I told myself. My mind was just overactive I told myself.

When we headed to sleep on the third week I had decided to stay awake and roam about the various buildings and rooms that were connected in tunnels and sky walks. I had no intentions. I was just wandering about and checking everything out. I had found it was much more empty than the other nights. Security guards were roaming the halls which isn't unusual. In fact, one of them asked if I was lost and looking for the Elders. I told him I was not lost but asked about the Elders. He shook his head and waved with his hand to follow him. We walked for some time it seemed. In one of the main hallways was what appeared to be a small crack in the wall. Come to find out it was not just a crack in the wall but instead a door that is opened by pushing and holding that area for a few brief seconds. Stairs led down and the guard waved me on. I told him thank you and slowly made my way down the stairs. The walls and flooring wasn't like the style in the main areas. The walls were white and the floor was a very smooth marble. Looked like something from a movie.

What I heard next is something I thought I would never hear. What I saw still "haunts" me to this day. The Elders were there. My friend and mentor was also present. The chanting was surreal. They spoke in tongues and often mentioned "power beyond what is normal" and chanted more frequently about the "144,000".

"Our lord, we your faithful servants, doing your will, commanding your slaves, bring you offerings of the apostates who spoil your name, hear us lord, fill us with power that is beyond normal, let us perform acts through your power"

Jehovah's Witnesses are not what they appear to be. When I left for home. I committed acts against the religion such as drugs, sex and drinking. I was disfellowshipped. Exiled from my family. Forgotten. We often talk of the Illuminati or Freemasons. Or any other countless societies. This too is one to add to that list. While they maintain an image to is positive and pure to "the slaves", they also maintain something far more insidious behind closed doors.

I have to stop here. I am far too tired to continue right now. I will be replying to posts and adding more to what I've found tomorrow. For now I ask you to comment and let me know if you've ever experienced anything similar or heard about strange things.

Elders Secret Handbook

Witness Outreach

JW Leaks

Official JW Website

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have not had a great deal to do with Jehovah's Witnesses, but have met a few over the years. Their reputation with door knocking and talking to people about god does strike fear into many to would rather pretend not to be home or too busy. Personally I have found them to be very pleasant people and I have been happy to engage in some of the deeper questions about life and all that. Their policy with refusing some medical treatment and blood transfusions has put their church into the more fanatical branches of Christianity.

The biggest problem I do have with Jehovah's Witnesses is some do go on about all this doomsday and end of the world stuff, but there are also other christian factions fixated on this potential as well. Some of the rumors around do present a very strong cult like dynamic to the organization, maybe not quite as bad and exploitative as Scientology but getting close.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
my ex daughter in law was brought up in a JW household too. she was sexually abused from an early age, as were other children who i've since spoken to. she managed to get out of it but when my grandaughter, her daughter, was 4, her mother (a staunch jw advocate) offered to buy her a new car if she rejoined the community. which she did. i've not seen her or my grandaughter since then, 2 years ago, but i worry every single day whether history is repeating itself and i fear what i might do should my fears end up proving to be right.

the JW cult is insidious. i find it ridiculous that supposed grown people can't see that living by the words of someone that lived a mere 100 years ago is utterly wrong. i hate everything about the JW "religion".

i feel for you about being disfellowshipped, it's hard losing your family, but think of it as you're the only one with any real sense

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fopicon

If you were truly a believer why did the chanting frighten you ? The Bible is full of that exact thing.

Have you ever thought about seeking God the old fashioned way ? After all Jesus didn't come to bring about religion or to start the Jehovah's Witnesses. He came so you could have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ himself.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

well..
it all sounds a bit like that scene in 'the da-vinci code'
but if you can find out if the JW's are affiliated with the world council of churches (or not)
..you'll kinda know all you really need to know

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53
He's offline at the moment, but what I gathered from the post was that the content of the chants was frightening, in what it implied about their real religion.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I feel sorry for there wanes at Christmas time. All the hype regarding said seasonal holiday is one thing but imagine being some poor wee kid on Xmas morning not getting any presents while just about everyone else living around you does. That's not fair on them.

edit on 16-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

great story....but after telling this to my GF who spent 28 years as a witness she calls BS....she is one of 7 kids ...3 still are JW and 4 are not...both parents are still highly involved........she is no longer a witness and has been disfellowshipped .........she spent many years as a regular pioneer and spent time in bethel service.....this i am afraid is what movies are made of.....

JW's are most certainly a cult and have some really screwed up ways but you just hit fantasy realm with that story

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I can only relate one thing about JW. Forgive me for being crass, but man are they hot! There's one, erm, compound? right across the street and I'm always peeping them when they are outside congregating around the entrance. Once, two girls knocked on my door. Drop dead gorgeous. If I wasn't such a chicken I probably would have invited them in and maybe tried to get some, "flirty fishing" action. But my house was a mess and I didn't really want to bring company in anyway so....

Yeah. Whatsup with that? They use girls to try and get converts? And whatsup with every one of their "churches" having a black iron fence around the perimeter? What are they hiding???

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Good for you, the two that knocks on my house must have 150 years between the both of them.

I don't have good experience with them, nor with evangelist in general, from were I come from they are not very liked, they are seemed like evil for some reason, funny enough my father had a small company and a Jehovah witness worked for him around 10 years, when he leaved, by own free will, he sued us trying to take the company as he was owned ownership due to his work, at the end was his pastor or whatever its called the one with the idea, also the company have a terrain is not at use so he allow people to grow crops in it, again a pair of evangelist brothers tried to take the land from us claiming they came to an abandon plot and they constructed irrigation arrays and so on, all lies of course, but again the idea seem to came from the pastor.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Emerald53
He's offline at the moment, but what I gathered from the post was that the content of the chants was frightening, in what it implied about their real religion.

ok lets look at this then shall we....he was appointed as a MS at the age of 16....an MS is a leader of a congregation,they are expected to council and lead people in the preaching work they do...to write and deliver lectures of up to 45 mins with conviction guiding people in their lives,even the most outstanding of youths could not command the necessary respect to guide people in this way
edit on 16-10-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

He sounds like a confused kid. But if I were born into a JW household, I'd be confused too. The part of all this that should be concerning to him is his family disowning him. It's easy to make your way in this world without religious support. Not so easy without family support. Any religion that divides family is wrong. Any family that lets that happen is weak. He needs to understand that in order to have a fighting chance in this world.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I can only relate one thing about JW. Forgive me for being crass, but man are they hot!

Wow...now I can't decide which post is more ludicrous - yours or the OP's.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

I can only relate one thing about JW. Forgive me for being crass, but man are they hot!

Wow...now I can't decide which post is more ludicrous - yours or the OP's.

J/s bro. I'm a sucker for the way they dress though. I used to date a 7th day Adventist and she dressed like that. Man the stories I could tell....

I don't know if I really trust sects that use dress codes though. Seems strange

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

He sounds like a confused kid. But if I were born into a JW household, I'd be confused too. The part of all this that should be concerning to him is his family disowning him. It's easy to make your way in this world without religious support. Not so easy without family support. Any religion that divides family is wrong. Any family that lets that happen is weak. He needs to understand that in order to have a fighting chance in this world.

there is no dispute that JW's are screwed up an this has happened to my GF as well.she has been disowned by her family.....same goes for the other children whom have left......there is no excuse for this behavior and has serious consequences .....but to string stories like this together is just too fantastical....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Admittedly the whole scenario does resemble movie scripts, as you've said.
We'll just have to wait and see what answer the OP can give.

P.S. He said nothing about being an ex-J.W. in his Intro thread
In the thread previous to this one (2012) he was still having casual conversations with his mother, so he had not been disowned.

edit on 16-10-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

great story....but after telling this to my GF who spent 28 years as a witness she calls BS....she is one of 7 kids ...3 still are JW and 4 are not...both parents are still highly involved........she is no longer a witness and has been disfellowshipped .........she spent many years as a regular pioneer and spent time in bethel service.....this i am afraid is what movies are made of.....

JW's are most certainly a cult and have some really screwed up ways but you just hit fantasy realm with that story

Calling bs too

Im not a fan of jw as i have family involved, but im very skeptical as to the nature of what op saw, why it would be so secret, the whole decor sounds like a movie set instead of something practical, and what you saw, well, im very curious what was so shocking...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i don't take sides when it comes to religions, i am one of those fence sitting agnostics, can be a bit uncomfortable on your butt from time to time, but the view is great!
my issue with JW is how they act like a network of spies:
i live in the czech republic, i don't speak the language, i don't talk to people in by building, don't know then, so it's all good morning/good evening.
the previous tenant's name is on the doorbell, but i guess i could pass for a "Sylvie" with my beard and deep voice. all this and they still managed to find me and ring my doorbell, because they are looking specifically for foreigners, and they all speak english, and somehow they managed to gather that intel.
What compels them to go out of their way in such a manner is beyond me.
I much prefer the whole 2B1A1 the freemasons have going on.
At least it's less intrusive.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

well i will too be interested the response.....casual relationships are not uncommon within the families....a lot of it is relative,my girl would not be allowed back in yet her older brother would and he has been in trouble for selling drugs and much worse....it is a really f##ked up world the joho's,almost a world within a world....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

"when doing business with a religious son of a bitch
get it in writing
his word isn't word #
not with the good lord telling him how to # you on the deal"
-william s burroughs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join