It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Soldier recording his last minute on earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How exactly did the video end up on the web if he was killed by ISIS terrorists? They would have taken his phone.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Gotta love the worship of violence we get from Hollywood, news, history etc propaganda. He's the last guy in a battle that is clearly over and he takes time to send out a message to his loved ones because there is clearly no hope of winning and a bunch of people call him a wuss. And of course all of you would be bad ass you tell us from the safety of your computer chair. Just too funny

We actually have several vets on the ATS board. Some have actually been in situations where they did not expect to live. Unless you have been there yourself you will not know what you will do..... for in reality no one knows what they will do in an actual similar situation.. But I would give the edge to the Vets who have a much better handle on what they would do in that situation than an outside observer...... for many have been there and got the holes in their bodies to prove it. People have been blown up to the point of missing limbs or shot and bleeding out yet continued to fire until they bled out and could fire no more..

Different mind set and foreign to many keyboard commentators for they have never been there .

Dear old dad was the last man in his squad twice because he refused to stop shooting (machine gun) during WW2 according to some of the guys who knew him..

We have had guys land aircraft safely with their last breath after they and their bird was shot to hell.. They did not claim King's X or time out to do a video but did what they needed to do without all the touchy feely stuff to mom and apple pie so others could live.. Yep that boy should have stayed home with his mother.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
A true Jihadist...
That's what Jihad is...

RIP Inshallah!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Be advised people....

He made the message and could have sent/uploaded it seconds later.

There is no telling exactly how he finally died. For all we know, He could have went out in a hail of bullets with his weapon red hot or could have just as easily been quivering in the corner.

We will never know for sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

For real pal...

His gun may have been empty by that point as well...

Too many assumptions from keyboard heroes!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't know who or what he is fighting for, nor why he is fighting for it/them. I don't care, honestly.

We are all human beings with hearts and lungs, hopes and dreams, loved ones and friends. I get no joy whatsoever in the participation of man's killing of men.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm not saying there's any shame in it. OR crying.

My point was I wouldn't be taking the time to record myself and upload it....

I would be fighting till the last round put me down....

Something could have happened to turn the tide or afford him an escape of some sort. Or bought his brothers in arms time....

Even in the face of overwhelming odds. W tears in your eyes and the knowledge it could be the end. You fight.

But no instead he's making a video.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Also could be very true.....

You and i both know how combat works
My only point was I wouldn't have been spending my time doing that

But I'm not everyone and I realise that

I don't mean to speak ill of the dead that wasn't my intent

edit on 10/16/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't go soft at the end. This isn't time to cry for mama. Kill, kill, and kill again until the lights go out.

I don't know your personal circumstances or experiences, but its quite a flippant and dismissive thing to say not knowing the exact circumstances surrounding this.

I've never been in that situation; I'd like to think that if I was fighting for something I truly believed in then I would remain strong till the end.....but I think I'd be crapping myself no matter what and maybe, just maybe, if I had the opportunity to do so I'd record a final message for my loved ones - that's not cowardice, its being human.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ah sad indeed...when I was a soldier I had such respect for all soldiers...even the enemy.

When I lived in Europe I used to play chess with an older gentleman who was drafted at the age of 16 in ww2 for Germany. He became a good friend and I was fond of our time together and if I had met him many years earlier we would have had to been enemies.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Ya what I great guy..........He is calling for his death to inspire others to kill. It is what is is. Personally I think these radical religious nut jobs kinda made the bed they are sleeping in. Syria is not really known for human rights. Is this all Muslims......NO. So please do not twist what I am saying. This has to do with the way the Muslims in this area have misunderstood a religion.

Have you even read the Quran? It tells them to do exactly what every Muslim extremist is doing.
Islam is NO religion of peace, so stop being ignorant.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
How exactly did the video end up on the web if he was killed by ISIS terrorists? They would have taken his phone.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well.

While a touching video that puts the human face (and cost) on war, it isn't clear exactly what is going on and what happened afterwards...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Exactly - even the Professional British soldiers at the start of WW1, who were convinced of a swift victory against the German Juggernaut @ Mons, took the time out before battle to write a letter to their mothers, wives, girlfriends or even fathers. It's natural - if they're going out, they want to be able to say their final thoughts to those that mattered and let them know they were thinking of them in their final moments.

As far as I am aware, this continues to this day and this video is just a variant on that theme - even if it isn't clear who the chap is, who he is fighting or what happened before or after the video.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I think I have misunderstood something here.. Who is this guy fighting for?

Is it the Syrian Army under Assad or is there another army posing with the same name? I dont see how he could be fighting against Assad when he is fighting in Assads army to begin with.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viking9019

Have you even read the Quran? It tells them to do exactly what every Muslim extremist is doing.
Islam is NO religion of peace, so stop being ignorant.

No it doesn't... Maybe you should educate yourself a bit better about Islam... It's actually you being ignorant because of your lack of understanding concerning my religion. If you need some help, just ask.
edit on 16-10-2014 by EaglesFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

The Liveleak page and related links therein seem to indicate it is a Syrian Arab Army soldier, which would mean he is fighting for Assad, as that is the full name of the Government Army.

Whether it is or not, I doubt we'll ever know. There seems to be a distinct lack of any more info surrounding this particular video.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: EaglesFan

The Liveleak page and related links therein seem to indicate it is a Syrian Arab Army soldier, which would mean he is fighting for Assad, as that is the full name of the Government Army.

Whether it is or not, I doubt we'll ever know. There seems to be a distinct lack of any more info surrounding this particular video.

Thanks.. I gathered he is talking about the Syrian Arab Army which confuses me to why Boncho would say he is fighting against Assad.. Maybe he/she knows something I don't, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All of this fighting. For what? What's it going to accomplish? What has it ever accomplished? What, create more war?
This is a very unfortunate video. It's a good example of what's happening and there's much worse to come for us as a species.
Yes, I said it. I will tell you why. We do not learn. There is something terrible awaiting us. We will learn after all of this is said and done. When the fighting stops and the smoke clears, we will finally say, enough is enough. My only question is, how many of us will be left to say "It's enough?"
edit on 16-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
America and The West should be on the Syrian Arab Army side but it seems the Saudis and the Gulf regimes are to important for White Oil Rich Men whom hide in the shadows.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
With most wars, the ones who end up in the desert/jungle catching the bullets, getting blown up, inhaling nerve gas, being starved and tortured in POW camps, etc, etc, etc, aren’t the ones who started the conflict in the first place. They’re just the pawns in a deadly chess game orchestrated by our fearless, power-hungry, blood-thirsty leaders. The ones waging the war never actively participate in it. Their job is to do whatever it takes (lie, cheat, steal) to convince their followers that a war is the only option. They convince us that the other side represents pure evil, and that unless we repell them now they will soon destroy us in a flaming hellfire and mushroom clouds. So, being good patriots, we suit up and stand in line while they pass out our guns, grenades and rations, and then send us to the other side of the world to kill some bad guys.

The soldiers sacrafice by seperating from their families and loved ones, going to some foreign land where everyone hates and distrusts them, putting their lives literally on the line at every moment and around every corner. They do this based on the assumption that Uncle Sam has been straight with them and that they’re putting their life on the line for a righteous cause. Whether they truly understand it or not.

Now, everything I just mentioned above goes equally for the other side. You know, the “bad guys”.

Bottom line is, in most wars the difference between the good guy and the bad guy just depends on which side of the fence you end up on. The bad guy is the one on the other side. He may have a home and a family, just like you. He may be a hard worker and have dreams of his own. He, just like you, is doing the patriotic thing by sacraficing and serving his country. And he, just like yourself, may be basically good at heart and a person of good will. But, he’s on the other side of the fence, and so must be killed.

I understand that there times when war is justified (IS, Al Qaeda, WWII, etc). But there are also times when it was not (Iraq, Vietnam, etc). I just think we should hold TPTB to a higher standard and not blindly follow their dictates like lambs to the slaughter.

PS: I can’t imagine that those around here with the flippant, cowboy attitude have ever seen a day of combat in their lives.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join