It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the U.S. receive assistance from other American nations in a war against Russia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The Mexican drug cartels would probably help. Without us they would go broke.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I find myself thinking- it would depend on the circumstances. How this would come about, who provoked and who started it, and how and why.

I think that those would be important factors. I don't know about all other nations, but I observe that in France, this is relevant. -As was seen in the situation of Irak, where they simply refused to take part, not because they don't like America, but because in that specific case they felt the attacks were uncalled for and being done under false premise.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schwallyjdog
Would merica let anyone help?

That's the real question and a great one at that

But yes, they would help. Hell, Mexican/Latin and South American Cartels would ever let this gravy train stop? I think no....Cartels and God knows who else will come out of the woodworks.

Then there's always that Canadian weed

edit on 10/16/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It doesn't matter. All you guys would be either dead or moving to Australia. we'll protect what's left. Australia is a big place, full of super soldiers, descended from all the worst criminals in england.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My personal opinion, China would ally with us against Russia. I seriously doubt European nations would as they have too many still alive from WWII and memories are long. I expect England, Canada and of course the Aussies. I seriously doubt Russia will ever provoke us into war, but you asked, so.....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
has anyone red the OP....?

Would the nations of North and South America defend and assist the United States against a major war with Russia??

nations of North and south America...being key words here...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ask the NSA or any of the other alphabet agencies as they are spying on every one. Like someone said it will come from within as Americans would do any thing for a buck.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The US is a part of the Rio Pact or the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance a treaty that states an attack on one is an attack on all. The other members of this treaty are

Argentina
Bahamas
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Trinidad and Tobago
Uruguay

While Canada is has a series of treaties with the US including NATO.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

What could Costa Rica do? They don't have a military. When I went through Honduras I noticed they had US arms M16s and Humvees so they would or could.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: MrSpad

What could Costa Rica do? They don't have a military. When I went through Honduras I noticed they had US arms M16s and Humvees so they would or could.

Those are simply nations that have mutual defense pacts with the US. They wou'd not do much but, frankly the US could easly handle Russia on its own. Ourside of Canada none of those countries is capable of much beyond their own borders. Columbia and Brazil have large militaries but, they are not up to say NATO standards. Only Chile really has a truly professional force but, again Russia could not take on Turkey much less the US.

What is alway interesting for people who think BRICS is anything other than a group that encourages trade is when they find out that Brazil is a part of a military alliance with the US.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

"Quite honestly the entire world could not take on America and win right now. 10 or 20 years from now that may no longer be the case. " Seriously? We didn't win in Afghanistan and we didn't win in Libya,we didn't win Vietnam and we had a draw in Korea. So tell me how the rest of the world total can't take us when we couldn't even route out a turban wearing kidney diseased so called terrorist in Afghanistan?

Afganistan, Libya, those were not wars. That was the US forces handcuffed and hogtied, being more concerned about civilian casualties than our soldiers. That's not war.

Vietnam ... another case of us being overly concerned because there was no true threat to America. We lost about 50k men, North Vietnam had 1 million + casualties. You are right ... huge loss.

In a true war we would simply destroy a nation until they no longer had the capacity to engage in war against us. Bomb their cities, destroy their power plants, force them to surrender. The last real war America was in was WWII.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The answer is No, because the scenario is inconceivable.

Nuclear weapons are/were the game-changer.

Such a war would devastate the entire planet from nuclear fallout alone.

So even if no other countries got on board, and no bombs/missiles landed anywhere but in Russia and the US, the world would be poisoned to the point of no return for humankind.

That is an all-out exchange.

No one is thinking of winning an all-out war. We would all lose.

However, there are two scenarios I can conceive of a war taking place, but they would both be very short and pointless wars.

That's if the superpowers piss each other off to the point where one of the sides launches a conventional attack on the military of the other; very quickly, the aggressor would back off when the other side threatened to go nuclear.

The other scenario would be the far less likely possibility of a nuclear weapon/weapons being fired in anger; the sheer devastation of only a handful of warheads would prompt both sides to immediately cease hostilities...pressured, of course, by all the other countries on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join