It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Campbell and Alzheimers..... beautiful sad song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not here to discuss the man's personal life other than his struggle with Alzheimers.

This song and video are one of the most touching things I have seen in a long long time.

If you haven't seen it....... grab some tissues and give it a watch:

I'm still here but yet I'm gone,
I don't play guitar or sing my song,
It never defined who I am,
The man that loved you til the end,
You're the last person I will love,
You're the last face I will recall
And best of all,
I'm not gonna miss you.
I'm not gonna miss you.
I'm never gonna hold you like I did,
I said "I love you" to the kids,
You're never gonna see it in my eyes,
It's not gonna hurt me when you cry,
I'm never gonna know what you go through,
All the things I say or do,
All the hurt and all the pain,
One thing selfishly remains,
I'm not gonna miss you.
I'm not gonna miss you.

edit on R312014-10-15T21:31:25-05:00k3110Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R322014-10-15T21:32:29-05:00k3210Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It is a beautiful song and I will abide by the request you made in your first sentence.

Alzheimer's is a terrible disease that steals so much from so many. I have often said that the patient is the least sad because they don't know what's going on (as this song points out) when the disease has finally taken all of their mind into an abyss. It's heartbreaking for the family to lose a husband, father, mother, wife, etc. while they are right in front of your eyes. They are there, yet they aren't.

Thanks for the share. This is similar to cancer I think, in that we all likely have been touched by this at some point in our lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

They don't make them like that anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just lost my grandmother last week to ALZ. It was a very very sad thing to witness. 5 years of confusion and frustration. I feel most of all for my Grandpa, he lost his soul mate.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Wow, that really makes me sad, I'm 23 years older than my wife and I can't stand the thought of it. I guess when it happens to me I won't care... sigh.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

This was the last song he ever recorded. He has now advanced to stage 6 Alzheimers and is in a 24 hour care facility.

I posted the video because it is so hauntingly beautiful and yet very sad at the same time, and I wanted to share it with those who may not have seen it.

edit on R582014-10-15T22:58:56-05:00k5810Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Very touching, it reminds me of how Johnny Cash did a cover of Hurt as his final song.

We grow up with these artists, their music forming a background to our lives. Sure, we know they are older than us as we are growing up, but we don't see that until we are old enough to witness them make a final exit through that door at the side of the stage.

My memories are so much of what makes me who I am, so it's difficult to imagine a time in my life without them. Alzheimers is a cruel disease, like a thief, it robs you of what is most valuable.

I wish him, and especially his family, all my best in these tough times ahead.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Made me cry. Why do such horrible things have to happen to people? Heartbreaking!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I hadn't seen it, in fact, I hadn't heard anything of Glen Campbell since I was a kid probably. It was sad, and I thank you for posting.

new topics

top topics

join