It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: US Believes Hundreds Of ISIS Fighters Killed In Kobani Strikes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
IN OTHER NEWS.....

UNCOMFIRMED CIVILIAN CASUALTIES MAY EXCEED 2,000 DUE TO RECENT KOBANI STRIKES.

HOWEVER THIS IS UNIMPORTANT, .... AND MY NEWS MANAGER IS TELLING ME IT IN FACT, NEVER HAPPENED. SO PLEASE DISREGARD, AND ERASE YOUR TIVOS.

THIS IS RON BURGANDY SAYING, HAVE AN IGNORANT NIGHT AMERICA.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
IN OTHER NEWS.....

UNCOMFIRMED CIVILIAN CASUALTIES MAY EXCEED 2,000 DUE TO RECENT KOBANI STRIKES.

HOWEVER THIS IS UNIMPORTANT, .... AND MY NEWS MANAGER IS TELLING ME IT IN FACT, NEVER HAPPENED. SO PLEASE DISREGARD, AND ERASE YOUR TIVOS.

THIS IS RON BURGANDY SAYING, HAVE AN IGNORANT NIGHT AMERICA.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pentagon: US Believes Hundreds Of ISIS Fighters Killed In Kobani Strikes.

They also said that in Vietnam.

There, too it was all about the body count.

…the enemy body count was the primary measure of progress" in Westmoreland’s war of attrition. Search and destroy was coined as a phrase in 1965 to describe missions aimed at flushing the Viet Cong out of hiding, while the body count was the measuring stick for the success of any operation.

The numbers need to be high. Other wise it might be seen as a waste of time.

I remember watching the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite during the Vietnam War era.
When they covered the war, they would post the stats.... # of US personnel killed, # of VC killed and # of NVA killed. Like it was a freaking football game.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I just heard Walter…

"And thats the way it is."

Has anything changed?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: seabhac-rua

How is that any different than today? Excessive firepower rules all American operations, then and now.

Yes I know. But I'm saying that compared to Vietnam this one particular battle is being scrutinised closely, and the number of KIAs are going to be more readily apparent and verified by multiple sources, compared to an 'imaginative' estimate of enemy combatants killed or wounded during a firefight, which turned up no bodies only blood trails and drag marks.

Neither is capturing the trackless deserts of the ME a priority. Oil? Now thats something to consider.

My point here is that it is about territory, namely the city of Kobane and it's surrounding region.

!0,000 bodies in the pulverized concrete? Now thats as difficult to quantify as KIA in trackless jungle, but good for endless war and excessive firepower.

We're talking eyes on visual confirmation from Kurdish fighters who are meters away from the ISIS fighters. This is a relatively small scale battle, the number of fighters estimated to be involved, on both sides, is not going going to be very far off the mark. When an airstrike takes out 5 or 6 people, that is going to make a difference, if it takes out 100 combatants that is hugely significant, and is not going to go unnoticed or un-reported.

I know where you're coming from and basically agree with you, I'm just pointing out some details

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

There is still irony to be seen in the interchangeable use of the symbol.
the context makes the irony irrelevant in how i see it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

There seems to be no recourse other than to deliver them to their maker as swiftly as possible.

Kill them all, let God sort them out?
Nuke Hanoi, better late than never?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, I'd prefer to keep well out of it.

But I find it horrendous how Turkey are treating the Kurds and handling the situation in Kobani, and I for one support the airstrikes on ISIS in that particular fight.

And yes if you're gonna drop bombs on those scumbags, do it right and kill them good.

edit on 17-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

The use of the 'V' symbol(aka Churchill) dates back to the 1415 battle of Agincourt.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No, I'd prefer to keep well out of it.

Me too. Pay any taxes?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I see where he has to do it. He probably hit them with exotic stuff he had to save this city. but where are you going from here. i get it u wanna win this election. when did democrats get so mean.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
it was 100? where do u get this info from please post

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
and now Rehana she did it im so proud she did it. I love Kurds so awesome
edit on 18-10-2014 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Last month the secretary of defense (USA) said that there were over 30,000 Isis fighters, with new ones arriving from around the world, every day.

What is the Pentagon gloating over ? 400 of them killed? That's probably fewer than the number who joined up with ISIS just in the last 24 hours.

BTW..is their a subscription-based ATS version? This website's ads are getting tougher and tougher for my browser to handle.
-cwm

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In the battle for Kobani 400 combatants KIA is a lot and would've affected the outcome of the fight in a huge way.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I feel the same it is greatif true who confirms this aside from our political machine, is there really away to know the truth?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
If the US has already agreed to airstrikes, and we obviously have a (somewhat) vested interest in this conflict (including the fact that ISIS is using equipment they took for the fleeing Iraqi army, some of which I believe is American) then I'd say its a safe bet that there is probably a black-op or special operations team in the area. Whether they've been involved with the conflict in a more direct manner isn't for me to say, but I'm willing to bet that anything they ARE involved with ends up with dead bad guys.

Hope we can turn this around before more people have to get killed by war, displaced from their homes, beheaded on TV, Parliamentary shootings in Canada, a huge increase in beheading deaths in the US...the list goes on of how this has affected our generation.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Head over to adblockplus.org...

Click the green Install for (Browser) button. All ads, youtube ads, etc. gone in a moment.

Note for website: This causes some websites to lose revenue from their ads loading on your page. If a website you visit works that way, consider disabling it or contributing to them in another way.

Or not...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Speckle

Also, sorry for triple posting in a thread, but didn't Rehana die? Isn't her picture floating around on the internet?

For those who don't know ..

Rehana, Warrior Princess

and although ISIS says she is dead(which is something they would lie about for a huge morale boost), and even has a beheading picture that looks PREETYY similar to her .. I just found this article. So who knows. She did kill a lot of ISIS.

rt.com...
edit on E1032571011America/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 23:57:32 -050023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
With my tongue firmly in my cheek to prevent people frothing at the mouth...I'm sick of this armchair style, video game-esque, airstrike, hope for the best, lazy, half-hearted, wimp policy bombing from above garbage. If IS are such a threat then do the job right...send in the troops...get them on the ground to flush out and exterminate these evil doers one by one. I want helmet-cam too so I can see where my money is going. I want video proof, death tallies, scalps, piles of skulls and the obligatory mass graves that will naturally come with the extermination of so many crazy terrorists. Pull your finger out America, you're an embarrassment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join