It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CDC ok'd the Nurse to fly with temperature , after she called them asking if it was ok to fly.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Just a little correction please to your title? We learned in med school...everyone has a TEMPERATURE all the time, everyday! But, not everyone has a FEVER (elevated temperature)!

We used to get yelled at for saying that!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If I were in good health, then around a sick person, and then started getting sick, my first thought would be I would be getting the same sickness.

But then, that's just my thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
It needs to be taken into account that peoples "normal" body temperature can differ. "Normal" body temp for me and my two daughters is 97.0 to 97.2 degrees. NOT 98.6 We have a bit of a fever at 98.6 - 99 degrees.

My norm is higher. Usually about 98.9-99.1 (mornings this drops to around 97.5) spent quite a bit of time in hospitals getting vitals...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

sigh, common sense is at a all time low man...

Dumb ass nurse goes to Cleveland on a plane after being around a man who had hot fluid coming out of every pore on his body mouth anus etc.

uses make shift protective gear exposes herself to infected ebola patient..

Decides to take a plane to cleveland days after exposure without a second thought.

Ends up getting sick with a fever supposedly in Cleveland calls the cdc and they tell her its ok..

Here comes the blame game.

This crap is more predictable than a checkers game man...

The nurse is a dumb ass, we already knew the cdc was, talk about NO ONE in this story leading OR BEING RESPONSIBLE..

I guess being an adult now means you have to be 30 years or older...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Is mental conditioning, people are very easily manipulated when given enough feed back to create certain responses, an ebola scare and possible pandemic will ensure that people will willingly take any vaccine available regardless of side effects due to possibility of dying from an infectious disease and they will willingly do and go anywhere they are asked to go because a sense that they will be safer.

Before, we have fought conditioning, because it was not enough feed back, now that ebola is real and it kills, the environment is perfect.

When people are willing the agendas are easily to execute and we don't even know the kind of agendas that will be enforced.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
arguing over body tempature is funny..

When you have a fever, and if you had a ebola fever you would know it...

their is no gray area man...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever

I tell you what, after the fiasco in Dallas I would not trust any hospital in the nation, because mistakes will repeat themselves when the nation is run by morons.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Heads need to roll @ the CDC!!!! This is simply inexcusable. These morons are playing with our lives.

If anyone dies because they got Ebola from the RN's plane ride - the folks @ the CDC need to charged with manslaughter!!!

Freaky NEEDS to step down, N. O. W.!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You know that this angle of the story is a lie. I would love to know what really happened. My guess is that she took her temp and called the CDC and asked what is the temperature limit that will prevent exclude you from flying.

They told her and she said phew....I'm under and jumped on the plane.

I'm absolutely positive she didn't tell them anything at all about exposure to Ebola, she denied having been anywhere near Africa and simply asked about temperature limit....

Then she lied and said she was okay to fly because she was under the limit.

I don't believe for one second that anyone at the CDC who understood her situation would tell her to get on the plane.

Absurd.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

I want to see proof before I start saying the cdc is to blame...

Of course this dumb ass nurse is not going to take responsibility... Even if the cdc said it was ok, no one put a gun to her head to get on a plane with she had to be detecting the symptoms if she called the cdc for help.. Why not goto a hospital in Cleveland, why call the cdc...

Talk about stupid.. It takes a government ran institution for you to make a decision? Hmm I was with a ebola patient that had hot FLUID coming out of his body, I am now getting a fever, and obviously stomach pains... Should I take a commercial plane back home...

Yea the cdc said it was ok..

WHATEVER

oh and the next day check myself into the hospital in dallas...

I think she was trying to play the trip off...

edit on b562014-10-15T20:56:30-05:00America/Chicago103176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Now they are reporting locally that five nurses from the Cleveland Clinic and an unknown number from Meteo Health Hospital, both in Cleveland, were on the flight from Dallas with her after returning from a healthcare conference.

I'm guessing, however, that when she left Dallas she would not have been contagious. Let's hope so.

Both hospitals have put the nurses on paid leave while they are being monitored.
edit on 15-10-2014 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I honestly hate to say this but a military response may be necessary.

There are several things I'll be able to do till my dying day due to my experience in the military.

The use and maintenance of an AR-15, M-203, M-60, M-240, M-249, and MK19 ( I'll be honest I'd need a little rtr on ma deuce headspace and timing).

Evaluate and perform basic lifesaving steps on a casualty.

And most relevant to this topic. Protect myself from an NBC attack and perform a MOPP gear exchange. I did not gain this proficiency from my basic training, but from serving in a division that truly thought that in our next war in the ME we'd face an opponent that would use chemical or biological weapons. We trained for a full decon in every major FTX and a hasty decon in every minor one. This involved performing normal operations in full protective gear for anywhere between 3 and 6 hours in full MOPP 4 followed by a decon in the oppressive South Georgia heat. Also we practiced some type of NBC training weekly during sergeants time.

If the level of NBC preparedness it's the same as when was in I'd be much more comfortable with the military taking the lead role rather than local, state, and federal civilian health authorities given their piss poor performance to date.

It concerns me that i am advocating a military response but the massive FAIL so far by civilian authorities really leaves me no choice.
edit on 15-10-2014 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: collietta
a reply to: violet

I'm glad this news came out. It shows she attempted to do everything right and didn't selfishly put people at risk.

It was the higher authorities who screwed up.

Remember, this disease is unfamiliar to most Americans. It's not something we've dealt with before. When a higher authority, who's supposed to be more knowledgeable, gives the go-ahead, we can't fault her.

Nope, I can't hold her blameless just because she "called" someone in "authority" who told her she could do as she pleased. She's a professional and was supposed to be in isolation after her exposure. She should have enough working brain cells to know that you don't go running around the country in those circumstances. Even the thought of getting on a plane under those circumstances tells me she's dumber than a pile of doggie doo.
People like her are the exact reason those public health laws were passed in the first place. Now is the time to begin enforcing the quarantine laws and shutting down all commercial flights from infected countries.
They can cry "economy" all they wish but where will the economy be when their foolish, arrogant attitudes cause a dozen or so more infections and people do truly start to panic?
For those worried about having your rights taken away----looks to me like they're trying to take away the first one listed in the Declaration---life---if we don't enforce the quarantine laws, those other rights are really kinda superfluous aren't they? You may be okay with people who are sick with a deadly pathogen having their liberty but I'm not! I'm mad as an old wet hen!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Yep I agree need to start enforcing the law for the dumb people in this country oh and the selfish ones also...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Now quit picking on the people at the top of the CDC. They may be mentally challenged but still have a right to have a job.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: nerdyclutzyblonde

I want to see proof before I start saying the cdc is to blame...

Of course this dumb ass nurse is not going to take responsibility... Even if the cdc said it was ok, no one put a gun to her head to get on a plane with she had to be detecting the symptoms if she called the cdc for help.. Why not goto a hospital in Cleveland, why call the cdc...

Talk about stupid.. It takes a government ran institution for you to make a decision? Hmm I was with a ebola patient that had hot FLUID coming out of his body, I am now getting a fever, and obviously stomach pains... Should I take a commercial plane back home...

Yea the cdc said it was ok..

WHATEVER

oh and the next day check myself into the hospital in dallas...

I think she was trying to play the trip off...

Good points. The RN was very selfish in all of this as well. The CDC has messed everything else up with this "situation" - its easy to believe that they would have done this. I'm seriously hoping they (CDC) are more competent than they seem.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now quit picking on the people at the top of the CDC. They may be mentally challenged but still have a right to have a job.

LOL! Thank you for the comic relief.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
It needs to be taken into account that peoples "normal" body temperature can differ. "Normal" body temp for me and my two daughters is 97.0 to 97.2 degrees. NOT 98.6 We have a bit of a fever at 98.6 - 99 degrees.

Very true. Many people refuse to acknowledge that people have different body temperatures, and therefore, different fever thresholds.

Man, what a pisser is could be for someone with CFS to have to have their temperature tested if it's implemented widely. One of the things of the Crap Laundry List that we CFS folks get? Random fevers. Yeah, if I could afford to, I'd skip flying not for any ebola odds, but for getting caught in a temperature dragnet. People (like me) who are otherwise fine, though running a temp, would be so utterly screwed.
edit on 10/15/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I saw a CNN headline about this...it was a double negative: "...wasn't told not to fly."

So who knows how the actual conversation really went down. Depends how the question was asked and interpreted and how it was answered and interpreted. Confirmed or not also depends on the same.

Way to much to keep track of here.

All I know for sure is that there appears to be very little risk mitigation going on here and no common sense caution from an agency we pay for doing just that.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Ok Ricky, I think the political correctness has got us in enough trouble....OK???? Can't wait to see what happens in the next month

But that was to funny......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join