It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Norwell, MA. Oct 10th. Resolution darn good.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Jiggy, that is a well thought out and comprehensive argument.

But apparently you may not have read the whole thread.

The UFO object is supposedly the "Moon" looking orb???, not the aircraft flying past it.

Yes Im confused too.
edit on 15-10-2014 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Well Emerald you are probably describing a bright Venus low in the sky, then dropping to the horizon.
Yes , Venus is Very commonly mistaken for a UFO, even by experienced pilots.

The dancing star, also a very common optical illusion created by the light refraction though our atmosphere, and staring at a faint light source in the night sky. The brain/eyes cannot fully focus on the pinpoint, so the object looks as it is dancing around, it is not.

Keep looking tho.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: charlyv
9:13 AM ↑ (289°)

On October 10th, the Moon Rose in Boston (12 miles from Norwell) at 7:46 PM and set at 9:13AM. The video was taken at 5:22PM. ↑

And sunset was around 6 pm. So what's going on here?

I am gonna ask the source, perhaps filming opposite side, camera gain, Idono.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well if that thing moving across the sky, blinking like a plane in the distance isnt a plane... I'm seeing UFOs pretty much every night. That is quite disturbing.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Well if that thing moving across the sky, blinking like a plane in the distance isnt a plane... I'm seeing UFOs pretty much every night. That is quite disturbing.

Aha! Thou didst not read the thread!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
EXTRA EXTRA - Small White dot passes larger dot - could be created on a computer, could be a cartoon. could be anything, could be anyware.

Straw clutching ATS members claim UFO!!

Read all about it...

This is the worst thing I have seen.
edit on 16-10-2014 by TheCrowMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Darn good resolution just goes to show people have different standards!

Yet another POOR camera phone video , I hope you check the time because it looks like someone has got it wrong and it is a nice OVER EXPOSED Moon because the iphone has worked it's exposure out from the dark background.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Funny how perspective changes. When viewed with the information that the larger object is the UFO, the camera clearly follows it and it appears to be moving.

Unfortunately, the only objects that are available for reference are the plane in crossing right to left and the star(?) in the lower right that appears stationary.

Interesting footage. Unfortunately the presence of the plane is throwing everyone off and will continue to do so.

As to the time of recording and the darkness etc, we will have to get further info. Maybe it was AM. Regardless, if you use the "fixed" position of the star in the lower right, the "moon" clearly moves too quickly to be the moon.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My only issue with this is that you stated the the large object is the object in question, and not the obvious airplane flying right to left..

If that is the case, how come her camera follows the airplane from right to left? She is clearly tracking the airplane, and not focused on the larger object.

I'm guessing the large object is indeed the moon. It just looks strange from overexposure. The video was shot of the airplane, and when she was questioned about it, she probably changed her tune and said that the moon was the object she was talking about.

It doesn't make sense to claim to be filming the larger object when your camera is tracking the smaller.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No moon and daylight for that place and time. Doubt the clock in the phone is wrong but after moving the file around, editing, etc, the time stamp might have gotten changed.

Typical UFO stuff

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Interesting posts. I have contacted the person who took the picture. I guess there is more, so we will see, as I would certainly post it. Also still waiting for her to give a description and validate the time, which needs to be accurately determined.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, here is the original description from the woman that recorded the video.

Sorry I haven't emailed you until now. Melissa said you were interested in knowing more about what I saw. It was Thursday Oct 9 around 7:55 PM when I saw the first one. I was driving down my street and something orange caught my eye - at 1st I thought the top of the white pine tree was on fire but it was moving. I turned around and went back to my driveway to get out and watch whatever it was. By that time 2 more had gone by. The one on the video was the last one that I saw. They flew in succession, heading east towards the ocean, They made no sound, no strobes on them at all. They were orange orbs/spheres. I couldn't determine how high up they were. The 3rd one flew by around 8:03.

I have never seen an orange light on any aircraft. If you have a theory, please let me know!

Jeanie

So, now the darkness makes sense, and the moon is still just about to come above the horizon.
The .mov image must have had it's date modified when it was sent to my neice, before it came to me.
We still have a mysterious object, that is not the moon.

Addendum: New Link to Video, photobucket got so many hits, they want me to upgrade!
Norwell UFO
edit on 17-10-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

BTW: Does anyone recommend a good place to park this video? I am not going to take threats from PhotoBucket.
edit on 17-10-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yet another twist: Now the date is 9 Oct, difference in moonrise/moonset:
set 8:04 AM ↑ (284°) rise 7:05 PM ↑ (73°)
So it is right on the horizon in updated timeframe as added in above post.
Trying to maintain accuracy.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Ask a mod if it can be sent to ATS to post in the thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
After watching it again, I too am confused as to why the camera clearly tracks the plane. It is centered almost perfectly the entire time

Secondly, the only other reference object is a star/pinpoint to the lower right(watch 5-10 sec marks in the vid.). This does not move relative to the "orb" with no evidence for the orb moving at all.

These points are now leading me to believe it is a deliberate hoax. Or they are being used as a patsy with someone else's vid.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So it is right on the horizon in updated timeframe as added in above post.
Trying to maintain accuracy.

In that case it was at about 10 degrees altitude. That may not sound like much but the moon has an apparent diameter of about 0.5 deg. So that puts it at about 20 'diameters high'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join