It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sickest, dopest, funkiest keyboard player you will ever see

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Hey man each to their own

I didnt see anything better in those 2 video's you posted, the second one was quite boring

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

You may like this guy. It's old school, and there is a chance performance enhancers were used.

One of my all time favs!

Raw talent in the purest sense.

Thanks!

Peace

edit on 16-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Before I even opened the post my mind said Jenkees!

Found him when he came out, he made it big on YouTube and fell off, so to speak.

Heard he's doing big behind the scenes production on other things though.

Check his website for new stuff. ronaldjenkees.com
edit on 101Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:53:52 -0500483 by m1r4g3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry not impressed at all, as others said in previous posts he is just another keyboardist...

especially after having heard the best
Jordan Rudess ( Dream Theater)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's amazing that Focus ever got round to making that work live. The original, according to the producer, was mostly razor blades and sticky tape.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
when i think sick, dope, and funky i think george duke

or my boy tony mac

There are those who know, and those who will never hear the difference. RIP George and thank you for the great music!

Another treasure: www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Don't know about sick and dope, but is any keyboard player funkier than Stevie Wonder?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Don't know about sick and dope, but is any keyboard player funkier than Stevie Wonder?

Herbie and Chick would agree that NOBODY plays the clavinet like Stevie. Nobody is that funky!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

It's amazing that Focus ever got round to making that work live. The original, according to the producer, was mostly razor blades and sticky tape.

The raw energy that guy has is amazing. He looks like he could explode at any minute. But I cannot look at his eyes and think anything other than "man that dude is wired tight".

And to bring in a flute after the yodel? just wow.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

probably not. What do you think of Bernie Worell? Yeah, I'm asking your opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Don't know him much. I don't really pay much attention to keyboard players, unless you count pianists.

P-Funk were great, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

That's it? I finally ask your opinion and you don't have one?

A musician friend of mine was talking him up pretty good and I see his name a lot. I really couldn't find anything too exciting by him.
edit on 17-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

I love all kinds of music, but the truth is I'm not really into virtuosity except when it comes to guitar players (because I am one). I can tell a good player on any instrument, but — pianists excepted — one competent keyboard player is mostly as good to me as another. The thing about electronic instruments is that the sound is all in the instrument, not the player.

It seems to me that keyboard players exercise their taste, imagination and feeling more on the abstract elements of elements of music — note choice (if one is improvising), timing and phrasing — rather than on the physical instrument. You can achieve a personal style on an electronic keyboard, but I don't think you can really get a personal sound out of them. As Noel Gallagher — heh — said, it's not really Liam Howlett's sound, it belongs to Mr Yamamoto in Japan who designed the synth.

Wait, though, did I mention Liam Howlett? Now there's a synth player. Though that's a poor and rather inaccurate description of what he did in the Prodigy.

edit on 17/10/14 by Astyanax because: of la-las.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ha I somehow knew from the title that this would be Ronald. I discovered him a few years ago..actually named my cat after him. And, while his talent has dimmed in my perception somewhat, I DO remember my initial amazement and I keep a special "favorite music" place in my heart for him.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: jude11

Who are you?
Who have you played with?

I've played the 'A' circuit on the West Coast, been on radio and cut a few CD's. Due to a break up of my best band, we cut short before our break out. Same time and stages as Nickleback, GOGO, etc. My most memorable was opening for April Wine During their comeback but that's another story.

Jammed with a number of notables like Neil Young, Doctor Hook (Ray Sawyer actually) Triumph, Buddy Guy back in the 80's in Vancouver...all way back. Nothing serious just basements, stage invites for fun and after hours bars. Played around Asia for awhile but just for fun.

Gave up music for a number of years but lately I'm getting that 'lost' feeling without music.

I won't share the name of the band as some here may know of it and it's not something I like to re-visit actually. A very sore spot for me. My wife wants me to take another shot but I feel as if my time has passed for it. Maybe.

For now...I bake cookies...

Peace

edit on 17-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply man...
So you've been there done that

Nice one

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Thanks for the reply man...
So you've been there done that

Nice one

Still have some of the t-shirts along with a few scars to match...

Peace
edit on 17-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've known of Ron some years ago... Definitely a good synth keyboardist. Shame it seems he quit uploading to YouTube some time ago.

But what about Merton? I'd say that guy's a genius with a piano.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

OK, he's got skills, but whats with all the speed?
A lot of that was just noise, to me.

The man needs to slow down just a tad

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

George was the absolute king of Key-tar! Check out this sick jam with Stanley Clarke on bass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join