It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Ebola protocol at a public school?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Actually, after the Virginia Quake, which we felt here in Jersey pretty strongly, besides the 2 smaller quakes we actually had in Jersey(one with the epicenter IN MY WOODS!)after the Virginia quake, our elementary school, for the 1st time since its been built, had to teach the kids about where to go & stand incase of a bigger earthquake. If Ebola strikes the school, there's just no question. So many parents will be pulling the kids out, they won't be able to remain open. We have a limit, another words, if a large percentage of children are absent from a virus, we close anyway. If it was to be Ebola, I imagine it would be for quite a while, because that would mean, at that point, it would infect some in our community, & there could be many many deaths......it's going to be a long winter here on the east coast.....my wish is for it to die out...I don't feel that's going to happen, sadly

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ad1220

www.forsyth.k12.ga.us...

To: Georgia Educators
Subject:    Ebola Virus Disease
Date: October 6, 2014

As you know, national and international health authorities are working to control a large,
ongoing outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in several countries in West Africa, with the
current epicenter in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. Public Health relies on the vigilance of a
vast array of informed contributors beyond our traditional medical providers to report diseases
and it is therefore critical that the following guidance and recommendations be provided to the
educational community at this time.   

Complete letter from GA Dept. of Health at link.
edit on 10/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The bigger question is how would they even know? Kids puke all of the time and it's not Ebola. They aren't going to test the kid unless there is a known connection to a case of Ebola or West Africa.

Some kids were vomiting at my child's school today and it created a huge panic among the tweens. I don't blame the silly kids, I blame the CDC and the Dallas Hospital for mismanaging this at every turn. Uncertainty breeds fear.

I ALWAYS call the school nurse, for example, when my son had chicken pox, & I thought it was a rash & he went to school with the chicken pox, AFTER he got the chicken pox shot, pneumonia, flu, anything catchy, I call the school to inform them as soon as I get word from the pediatrician. Then I call some of my mom friends so they are also aware......

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thank you so very much! a reply to: kosmicjack

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I agree that's what should happen. But also just today I found out some kid in my child's class had entero D68 - no note home from school, I guess they aren't reporting that? Anyways, parents and schools are generally unreliable about reporting. And I have no trust in the public at large - I mean, hell, we have a man who carried a dying victim and boards a plane to the U.S., an ER that sent him home a sick with Ebola and a nurse who treated him and was on watch for infection also board a plane.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

There is no protocol for it. It was determined unlikely to worry about and an only "in Africa" disease. Standards were only based on the CDC's recommendations for discovery and minimal containment of all communicable diseases known to potentially develope in schools..

(Ebola? Not yet....but there will be one real soon. There has to be....)

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: splg

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

There is no protocol for it. It was determined unlikely to worry about and an only "in Africa" disease. Standards were only based on the CDC's recommendations for discovery and minimal containment of all communicable diseases known to potentially develope in schools..

(Ebola? Not yet....but there will be one real soon. There has to be....)

MS
EMT/ERT
Advanced Disaster Life Support

I will be waiting to hear it. I assume there will be one as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I agree that's what should happen. But also just today I found out some kid in my child's class had entero D68 - no note home from school, I guess they aren't reporting that? Anyways, parents and schools are generally unreliable about reporting. And I have no trust in the public at large - I mean, hell, we have a man who carried a dying victim and boards a plane to the U.S., an ER that sent him home a sick with Ebola and a nurse who treated him and was on watch for infection also board a plane.

WHAT???!!!! NO note home??!!! WTH??!!!! That's so very wrong!!! Your on the east coast??? Don't answer that if your uncomfortable, but I sure would like to know how close this school is!! GEEZ, I feel for you!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Actually, after the Virginia Quake, which we felt here in Jersey pretty strongly, besides the 2 smaller quakes we actually had in Jersey(one with the epicenter IN MY WOODS!)after the Virginia quake, our elementary school, for the 1st time since its been built, had to teach the kids about where to go & stand incase of a bigger earthquake. If Ebola strikes the school, there's just no question. So many parents will be pulling the kids out, they won't be able to remain open. We have a limit, another words, if a large percentage of children are absent from a virus, we close anyway. If it was to be Ebola, I imagine it would be for quite a while, because that would mean, at that point, it would infect some in our community, & there could be many many deaths......it's going to be a long winter here on the east coast.....my wish is for it to die out...I don't feel that's going to happen, sadly

j.r.c.b. Thank you for your reply. At least someone was there who formulated a plan and initiated it. The CDC obviously has/ had no such plan for the incoming onslaught of doom. The so called experts are not experts and anyone who listen to the experts, to those Agents of the Matrix place themselves in great peril. A prudent being would remotely view this Texas goat rope and quite accurately come to the dismal conclusion that there were no protocols to prevent the spread, they want it to spread. This has all been planned by the diabolical scaly psychopaths that currently think that they are in charge of this little blue ball spinning in the coldness of space. PEACE.
edit on 16-10-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: You are your own LEADER in this and all endeavors, act from your heart.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Oh yeah! Pretty stupid if you ask me. They wait until we're dangerously into the thing before they realize "Hey! we're wroking on it right now...".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join