It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Survival Of Dog Put Down By Vet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What a heart warming story, Im glad this beautiful doggy defied death and found a home!!

A dog has been renamed Lazarus after surviving a veterinarian's lethal injection.

The mixed-breed pet was left at an Alabama animal shelter in August because his owner was moving and could no longer care for him.

He was already cut and bleeding, with a pad missing on his left rear foot, after surviving a car accident.

Animal control officer Wanda Snell said she saw the black and brown pet go still after being injected with a needle last month.

But when Ms Snell arrived for work the next day she saw the animal standing in an outside pen, albeit looking unsteady on his paws.

Staff are not sure how he survived.

Ozark police Captain Bobby Blankenship, who supervises the city shelter, said: "He was injected with the right amount of medication that should have had him go to sleep.

"Unfortunately, or actually fortunately for everybody else, here he was."

He now has a new reason to wag his tail: after the shelter posted his story on Facebook, Lazarus found a new home in the Alabama city of Birmingham.

news.sky.com...

This brought a tear to my eye, why would they try to kill this dog? Who decided his injuries were beyond repair?

This all leads back to money and time, which the shelter had neither of, to save this poor animal. But god had another plan for this doggy, made a full recovery and has a new home!!

OG
edit on 10-15-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-15-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Very nice story, thanks for sharing it.

I have only had to do this once and was in the room....it's not really going to sleep as mine fought the medication in fear.

Personally I don't think it should be done at all unless necessary due to pain and suffering. Just like people.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

I always love hearing about wonderful stories like this.

Lazarus's case is very unique in that the staff allowed him a second chance, however it is not that unusual that animals recover from what should be a lethal dose of pentobarbital or other barbiturates.

I guess that facebook, in the end, has it's uses, Lazarus has a home.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This is the sad world we live in. Dosent only apply to aminals , money makes the world go round, and obviously love is expressed in currency, and if your ignorant of this fact im sorry. Ive been left in relationships just because of money.thankfully thats all she had on me, and i overcame these difficultys. Low and behold who comes around again. What a pathetic existance when we have the technology to serve all needs without a market without a dog eat dog world.( and its no wonder we get ebola from eating our relatives cannalbilsim if you ask me) so i sit, at random bars because i work all over the country, and i drink usually a double of beam and coke. I dont say much but i have alot to say, others always try to pick up the lonely broke bar maids, honestly i just feel sad. What wonderful world , glad this dog found a home. Sorry for the rant.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

This is the sad world we live in. Dosent only apply to aminals , money makes the world go round, and obviously love is expressed in currency, and if your ignorant of this fact im sorry. Ive been left in relationships just because of money.thankfully thats all she had on me, and i overcame these difficultys. Low and behold who comes around again. What a pathetic existance when we have the technology to serve all needs without a market without a dog eat dog world.( and its no wonder we get ebola from eating our relatives cannalbilsim if you ask me) so i sit, at random bars because i work all over the country, and i drink usually a double of beam and coke. I dont say much but i have alot to say, others always try to pick up the lonely broke bar maids, honestly i just feel sad. What wonderful world , glad this dog found a home. Sorry for the rant.

You are totally spot on, this is the damn world we live in...sometimes I wonder if women are the root of all evil...

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

No,no, us men are surely at fault i used to think it was women but thats simply impossible, women given there needs will always be satisfied and faithful, men we will never be truly happy unless we have our own volition our will, in this reality its impossible and we must consider eachother and our societys needs its much to hard when we are worried about our wifes and childrens needs. In realizing that we have little control over such things we become hyeanas and prey on the weak. Yet the thing about pride is, its not something you are reconized for or that people even like you because. Its something you wake up with its a personal relationship with what is right, its the path less taken. Ego and pride are confused with, selfishness and achnolgement.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrionsGem

Cool dog

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Does look like a loving dog doesnt it?

OG

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I've had a few dogs over the years. The most loyal and best behaved have always been the mutts/mixed-breed.

Others Dog Ownership experiences may vary

edit on 15-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I've had a few dogs over the years. The most loyal and best behaved have always been the mutts/mixed-breed.

Others Dog Ownership experiences may vary

I would have to agree about mutts...especially my own:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
ATS really does need a pets forum.

Mutts are the best, but I do so enjoy hanging out with a stoic, stealthy German Shepherd on occasion.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
ATS really does need a pets forum.

Mutts are the best, but I do so enjoy hanging out with a stoic, stealthy German Shepherd on occasion.

some mutts are officially recognized by the akc like my rat terrier. .

OG

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I put my dog down a few years back. I had him go out the way I would have. I gave him a steak as a last meal. I brought him outside for a final walk (I carried him because he couldn't walk anymore) and when we finally made it to the field I put him down, kissed him one last time and Fired my .357 into his head. I used a hunting round to make sure it was instant. He was gone. I have seen too many animals die slowly and scared from the drugs to do that to him. He was my hero and deserved to die quickly with as little pain as possible. Some may call me an asshole or heartless but really I did him a favor and if any of my other dogs ever get like that where there is no hope I will do it again.

top topics

join