It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bagdad Frieden: You Can Give—But Can’t Get—Ebola on a Bus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
a reply to: loam

What does that even mean?

because they could transmit the disease to someone else

If not the person sitting next to the infected person, then who???
The person walking by the bus on the sidewalk?

Oh, you know how torpedoes cannot detonate when to close to the sub launching it?
It basically is the same thing with Ebola.

:-)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The ONLY way that statement makes sense, is if the very next words are:

"if you already have Ebola"

BTW, Is it also true for planes?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Bagdad Frieden: You Can Give—But Can’t Get—Ebola on a Bus

That's gotta' be the best and most accurate thread title I've seen on this subject .... Baghdad Frieden. So very true. I"m just going to say it ... this dude is really creepy. He just keeps pumping out his rhetoric like a recorded voice on tape in a calm drone and blank eyes. We probably should assume that the truth is the exact opposite of whatever he says.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
After the way that the patient zero fiasco has unfolded, i.e. the crap way that was handled by "the best medical staff and infrastructure in the world", the CDC telling feverish nurse who'd been treating ebola patient that "nah, it'll be fine if you get on a plane and fly half way around the country", the CDC claiming that stopping flights FROM countries with ebola will stop aid from getting TO those countries, and now this cretin of magnanimous proportions coming out with this utter gibberish......

....I feel like this morning I have slipped into an alternate universe that is loosely modelled on the film "Idiocracy"

In fact what might be happening is that while I've been kidding myself that TPTB think we're all idiots judging from the tripe they feed us, in actual fact all along the truth has been that they ARE idiots of the highest order and THATS why the world is so snippety snipped.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Ebola Inception...

Ebolaception!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think the real situation is this:

He is a puppet and rather than just doing his job, i.e. focusing on healthcare and the wellbeing of the public, he is focusing on doing what politicians tell him to do and say, this is so that other politically sensitive factors are not disrupted.

So what he is really saying is:

1) DONT PANIC. We don't want you to panic. Dont stop going to work, dont stop going shopping, keep going out and spending money and going to work, school, etc, because we want to maintain social cohesion and don't want an even blip on the economy - so don't worry you won't catch it - probably.

2) If you DO have ebola, for GODS SAKE DO NOT get on a bus because you'll spread it like bejeesus and we'll all be flippety flopped because it is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS and we're are all in GREAT DANGER.

So they are trying to stop the spread by telling people infected not to travel on public transport, but at the same time trying to stop the apple cart from falling over by saying that, instead they're playing it down so everyone doesn't panic.

THAT is why he sounds like a clueless moron who is flatly contradicting himself.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Someone let me off the stupidity bus. Is there even anyone at the wheel?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Even the three foot distance rule the experts are now touting to protect others from an Ebola infected person would be broken by sitting next to them on the bus. Unbelievable. Love the stupidity bus without a driver comment above.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
He means the ones that are already infected can't get it on a bus

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
"Cause no Harm" is his excuse.

How about prevention of harm ?

Is every Obama appointee this special kind of stupid ?

It sure seems like it...Where do they find these people.

Why yes, yes they are! Right down to Holdren who wanted to mass medicate Americans to forcibly make them sterilized against their knowledge or consent. These are exactly the kind of crazy people this admin has running the show.
edit on 16-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Do they have any understanding of this disease at all? Damned sure doesn't sound like it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhoDat09
My 14 year old daughter said maybe he meant you could give it to the person sitting in front of or behind you, not the person sitting next to you. So technically he could be right ..... LOL

Nah he's just an idiot!

Tell your 14 year old daughter that she's BRILLIANT!
With that attitude, she'll be able to cope with any and all the bull#e slung at her throughout her life.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
a reply to: Jansy

Can I nominate him for US Surgeon General? I think he'd fit right in.

Come to think of it...who is the Surgeon General...and where is he/she/it?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Gully

Quantum Ebola.

Not something you want to get entangled with.

But is it action at a distance?...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The only way this makes sense is if you already have it...You can't then get it on a bus, but you sure can transmit it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Maybe he's talking about The Magic School Bus!

Seriously, I spent more time trying to comprehend that statement than I should have...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
In USA you don't catch ebola..ebola catches you!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes, Dr Tom Frieden's statement is nonsensical, but I'd like to know why you call him "Bagdad" Frieden.

I mean, it can't relate to the Iraqi city of Baghdad because you surely know how to spell it, and such a connection seems meaningless anyway, unless it's some kind of "in" joke that non-Americans (like me) will not get.

So -- why "Bagdad"? I'm genuinely puzzled.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Ever heard of Baghdad Bob, propaganda minister extraordinare during the Iraq War?

OP is tongue-in-cheek making a comedic comparison based on the ridiculous amount of nonsense spilling forth from Dr. Friedens mouth.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I feel that a lot of this double speak and strange wording is absolutely political. Just like the stopping of flights out of West Africa. That's not gonna work - per CDC- because then they lose control of those entering into the country through " porous" borders. They'll get here anyway, better to just know it....

What else is new? Those porous borders have been an issue for longer than Ebola has. Enterovirus...sp...has likely spread from those amnesty so gallantly wants to protect. Politics play too much into protecting our country. Politically correct garbage may not get you fired or slapped but it definitely can kill you.

Watching these idiots try to adlib and protect their sovereign overlords is pathetic. Jessie Jackson hopping on the first train to Dallas to decry race is only funny because he beat Brother Al to it. This virus doesn't care who you are or who you know.

The CDC needs to do what it was created to do~ disease control, not damage control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join