It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient was on flight from Cleveland to Dallas!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

I agree. Sounds like she is an office type worker so I'm curious how she contracted it.

How irresponsible of her to get on a plane and go anywhere. Why was she not quarantined???

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

This seems like a plot from a second rate movie. Nurse Vinson is treating the very first case of ebola in the U.S. After the patient has died, she decides to hop on a plane. Didn't it ever occur she might be contagious after knowing nurse Pham had contracted ebola ???

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
With the stupidity on display, your comment just doesn't seem all that crazy... smh

originally posted by: ProleUK

originally posted by: dawnstar
I hope some of these quarentined people start suing the gov't for lost wages and such! !!!

Don't worry about them, they are being paid whilst in quarantine to assist CDC in some stamp and envelope licking for the mail out to every US citizen about how to keep your family safe.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So when did she fly from Dallas to Cleveland and why?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The plane, being cleaned at a remote runway at the airport this morning, is a Frontier Airlines plane. The airline reported that a patient who flew on flight 1143 from Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth Oct. 13 later tested positive for Ebola.

Cleveland NewsNet5

So the plane is being cleaned right now at the Cleveland airport, and they want passengers on that flight to contact the CDC. The newscast video says it was the last flight of the day so the plane was cleaned and put away for the night.

My question now is, shouldn't precautions also be taken with passengers who flew on that plane back to Cleveland the next day? Yes, the plane was "cleaned" but not cleaned like is being done now.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Snarl
Censoring this soon is a bad sign, just as frightening as Ebola.

Doc,

I know the staff at our hospital. They could handle an outbreak right here on-post ... just not one in the brick and mortar facility. Seems to me, TPTB want to avoid setting up field hospitals at all cost.

This politically correct BS about controlling panic is the wrong tack. TPTB need to start with being honest with themselves followed by honesty towards the public. If that doesn't happen real soon ... the US is gonna look as third-world as Liberia in a few months.

God damn 0bama and this punk named Frieden!!
edit on 15102014 by Snarl because: autocorrect

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

This seems like a plot from a second rate movie. Nurse Vinson is treating the very first case of ebola in the U.S. After the patient has died, she decides to hop on a plane. Didn't it ever occur she might be contagious after knowing nurse Pham had contracted ebola ???

Don't worry, Bruce Willis will travel from the future and save us all by preventing this from happening in the first place.
edit on 15-10-2014 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That is a good question, perhaps she took papers that were signed by Mr. Duncan when he was still able.

But, we need more information on what her job really was.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In the age the NSA how are these people's every moves not monitored. Hell isn't this an opportunity for good ole' Obama to use it and say "See, I told you it was for your safety!"

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I live in Ohio too. And I'm a nurse. A nurse who WILL QUIT with no second thoughts if this becomes a problem.

My hubby and I are going gun shopping later today. I'm looking for a hand gun and he's looking to add a few rifles to his collection. Going to get these things while you still can. Guns, ammo, food, water....stock up people.

I'm totally NOT a prepper, but man do I have a bad feeling about this!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Frontier Airlines Statement

“At approximately 1:00 a.m. MT on October 15, Frontier was notified by the CDC that a customer traveling on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth on Oct. 13 has since tested positive for the Ebola virus. The flight landed in Dallas/Fort Worth at 8:16 p.m. local and remained overnight at the airport having completed its flying for the day at which point the aircraft received a thorough cleaning per our normal procedures which is consistent with CDC guidelines prior to returning to service the next day. It was also cleaned again in Cleveland last night. Previously the customer had traveled from Dallas Fort Worth to Cleveland on Frontier flight 1142 on October 10.

CDC

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Apparently the CDC's use of the terms "monitoring" and "tracking" potential high risk individuals...you know like health care workers who dealt with "explosive diarrhea" and "projectile vomiting" while having gaping openings in their "protective gear"...does NOT include advising them that getting on a plane during the 21 day monitoring period is a really really reckless idea.

Now, please don't take my comment as advocating for quarantining these high risk individuals, because that is a very slippery slope that we all know can be misused and abused in a heartbeat. But, seriously? Did no one discuss this hair-brained move with this woman?

And just because she ended up detecting a low grade fever the NEXT day, does not mean she was not running a low grade fever on the 13th when she boarded that plane. (and did whatever else she did in Ohio - has anybody heard what exactly she was doing up there?) So, yeah, this is just great.

Of course, according to Obama, we all oughtta just go ride a bus because you can only get this stuff from direct contact with body fluids like sweat, saliva, blood, snot. Luckily our airlines have BIG accommodating personal spaces for us on their planes, so we don't have to touch anybody else. Wonder if she had an aisle seat and was a dear heart and passed someone's water to them?

*sigh*
edit on 10-15-2014 by Valhall because: typos of course

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

I know! I'm like getting convinced that "they" want it to spread...

Why would she be allowed to travel? And I call BS that she was totally asymptomatic on the flight...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I agree. Something is blatantly wrong. Because if this cock-up was brought about by an unprepared hospital and the Dallas Health Dept, then our nation is like a Hans Christian Anderson fable: The Emperor's New Clothes.

Presser coming up. In other words, more BS? Hope the journalists ask hard ass questions.

Incidentally, there's a tornado warning for the DC area. Mother Nature is pissed!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

She seems really, really irresponsible!

Hey, thanks lady for probably bringing Ebola to my state. Idiot!

Why the $&@? Was she allowed to FLY? All that recirculated air, the germs she put in the plane, etc.

Also, what was she doing in Ohio while she was here?

edit on 15-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

Valhall, lo and behold, nice to see you in the board

Yes, you are right when the issue to mandatory quarantine can be misused and abused, but let me tell you, with this second nurse been able to travel after one nurse in the same hospital is sick with ebola, from contact with Mr. Duncan is hard no to advocate for that mandatory quarantine , perhaps for those in the Dallas hospital that were the closes to dealing with Mr. Dunca when he was sick.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I live in Ohio too. And I'm a nurse. A nurse who WILL QUIT with no second thoughts if this becomes a problem.

My hubby and I are going gun shopping later today. I'm looking for a hand gun and he's looking to add a few rifles to his collection. Going to get these things while you still can. Guns, ammo, food, water....stock up people.

I'm totally NOT a prepper, but man do I have a bad feeling about this!!!

SAME HERE! I'm a nurse and so is my mom. We live very close to Akron- where this ebola nurse was visiting her family! My VERY calm, 30+ years experienced mother called me from work saying she will quit in a heartbeat! I promise you, I have NEVER seen her this worried in my entire 30 years of life!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

depending on the article it says she flew here on the 8th, or the 10th.
i have read both dates in different sites.

as to the why?

my guess is she wanted to visit her family...she is from here.

my theory is she knew there was a chance she was exposed. so, she took off to visit her family in case she winds up sick.

thats my theory

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

October 10 from Dallas to Cleveland...flew back to Dallas on Monday.

Updated article from CNN: Link

I love that she was able to travel freely, on a plane, after having contact with this man. (Sarcasm, btw)

Also, nurses know better than most how to hide their symptoms and are able to push through when their sick. We get maybe 4-5 sick days per ROLLING calendar year, so ex learn how to deal.

I'm sure if she tested positive less than 24 hours later, she was contagious on that plane. Wonder where else it flew to since Monday??

edit on 15-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
FYI for anyone interested, in or out of Ohio.

Cleveland's mayor has a press conference coming up in about an hour (at 2 pm EST). It'll be streamed live on newsnet5.com as well as fox8.com.

Fox8 also has current live stream coverage going on right now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join