It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory Minister: Disabled People '"not worth" the Minimum Wage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That's the view of Tory government Welfare minister and Lord , David Freud.

He said: "Now, there is a small… there is a group, and I know exactly who you mean, where actually as you say they’re not worth the full wage and actually I'm going to go and think about that particular issue, whether there is something we can do nationally, and without distorting the whole thing, which actually if someone wants to work for £2 an hour, and it's working can we actually ..."

This from a man on at least £67,060 as a minister plus what other little tickles he has going plus he'll be up for a substantial pay rise some time in the not to distant future , his lordship knows nothing of the real world.
Not only are his comments offensive but they show the disdain these people have for the poor and the sick , I doubt his views are not shared by the leadership and a fair number of Tory MPs.

In a statement he said: "I was foolish to accept the premise of the question. To be clear, all disabled people should be paid at least the minimum wage, without exception, and I accept that it is offensive to suggest anything else." He added: "I am profoundly sorry for any offence I have caused to any disabled people." Responding to Mr Miliband's attack, Mr Cameron said: "Of course disabled people should be paid the minimum wage."
news.sky.com...

Resign and and take your mates with you

edit on 15-10-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is outrageous. Take George Galloways opinion on this anyday. This man has fought for freedom every step of the way.

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

He's apologised, for taking someone else's suggestion and running with it. All the while, Cameron plays the 'I had a disabled son, so don't go there' card.

They don't care about anybody else but their Etonian cronies, shame on them all.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

He's apologised, for taking someone else's suggestion and running with it. All the while, Cameron plays the 'I had a disabled son, so don't go there' card.

They don't care about anybody else but their Etonian cronies, shame on them all.

Apologies mean nothing.

If someone says it then they mean it.

Just hope the voters remember this next May.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The trouble is, they won't remember this. With promises of tax cuts ( not for the likes of us) and the way Tory voters are, they will go out and vote in their millions for these idiots!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I would like to see a change in the paradigm of the employer/employee relationship. I own a small business and i employ several worthwhile craftsmen. I understand that in the long run, these people are my business and my reputation. I want them to enjoy their lives so they are happy when they come in to represent me and the business. I want them to want to be here for the long haul.

Nobody goes to work for someone else for any other reason besides pay. If i don't take care of them, they won't stay around. Then i am constantly retraining new people and business slows and occasionally an unproperly trained employee can cause major catastrophe, which brings our work to a screeching halt.

If i pay more, i get better employees. When i have better employees, more work gets done, the more money to go around and less stress for everyone.

It's when a company has investors trying to pull every cent out of a business that you get to the point where you satrt looking at your labor costs (which is a substantial bill for any business with employees. ) as potential profit loss.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Apologies mean nothing.

If someone says it then they mean it.

Just hope the voters remember this next May.

And pigs will fly.

Voters will have a job remembering what happened last week in politics, let alone a year ago or so.

That doesn't mean they can't be reminded a week or so before the election though...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If the Tories do get a majority next year, then we should expect more of this vitriol being spouted by them. We know it's their ideology to squeeze the vulnerable in society. Damn, even Thatcher said 'There's no such thing as society'.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
First off, feck him. I'm a parent of three boys with a disability, are they worth paying? See this minister doesn't even understand half of what goes on in government. You see the funny thing is, all my boys go to day care, they make things, they garden, they glue things together, they work on computers, they paint...all under supervision. They get paid feck all, yet they actually gives something back. I would not wish this minister well! he should be booted out, and take any apology with him.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What a POS he said what he felt, this is what he believes..the apology isn't worth a bucket of piss.
Maybee karma will make itself known at some point.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

just a question here
does britain have any disabled people in the parliment?
I got a feeling there are many disabled people working making far more than minimum wage but well if the answer to the question I asked is yes well you's should start petitioning the gov't to pay them $2 an hour.. see how they like that idea!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

just a question here does britain have any disabled people in the parliment?

There are a few disabled MPs but I'm not sure of the actual number , for a number of years we had David Blunkett MP on the government front benches who is blind , while I disagree with his politics I respect him for his achievement.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

just a question here
does britain have any disabled people in the parliment?
I got a feeling there are many disabled people working making far more than minimum wage but well if the answer to the question I asked is yes well you's should start petitioning the gov't to pay them $2 an hour.. see how they like that idea!

Yeah there has a been a few Politicians with Disabilities in the past, One in particular (David Blunkett) was caught shagging some married bird, she had his child and he was forced to resign from government for fast tracking a Visa Application for his birds filipino Nanny to look after the kid....Dirty little Bugger.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Exactly, that Cameron thinks he is exempt from criticism about disability or the NHS because of his son is disgusting. If anything it just makes many of his parties policies even more revolting.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They are all mentally crippled in the govt it goes with the job. Nothing but a bunch of paedophiles I bet he went to one of those posh schools and that he was a wag. Brought up sucking some other toffs co*k. They should all be on 2 quid an hour. I think I read some were that 42000 disabled people have died due to their benifits being cut. Yes during the years 2005/6 42000 people died after losing their benifits. Since then the govt has refused all FOI requests relating to this fact and on the deaths since then.
edit on 15-10-2014 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
What a POS he said what he felt, this is what he believes..the apology isn't worth a bucket of piss.
Maybee karma will make itself known at some point.

Exactly how I feel, and I'm not inclined to wish people bad, but this crowd currently in power need some kind of a lesson, as does government in general, and there is NO POINT in party loyalty any more because you are only kidding yourself, however this crowd are arrogant to the extreme.
Andrew Mitchell chief whip talking down to the police calling them "plebs"

Replaced as whip by Sir George Young a very senior Tory. His remarks on the homeless,
"They are the people you step over coming out of the Opera House"
Now we have this chump Freud.
Even my sister who lives in Kent, a dyed in the wool Conservative, is aghast at the antics of the current Government.

edit on 15-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Disgusting, but not surprising from a Tory. He can apologise all he likes but fact is we all know what he thinks now!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Firstly I have to say I have no Tory bone in my body. I hate the nasty party.

BUT....

In fairness to this guy he was asked a question regarding a small minority if the disabled, the mentally disabled.
NOT ALL DISABLED PEOPLE AS ITS BEING REPORTED.

This whole story has been blown out of any reality.

The pc brigade are inadvertently preventing the mentally disabled being able to go out and have a job, which would be mostly just to help them feel like a productive member of society. Instead they will remain unemployable, will continue to feel shunned by society, and not allowed to fit in.

I worked with a guy with downs many years ago, he wasnt paid the full wage, but he sure as hell was able to feel a part of society, and to feel appreciated.

Sometimes things equate to a lot more than just financial gain, but in this world of Money is God, people forget the finer details.

I will say that I do disagree with a wage of £2 per hour, that is ridiculous. But £5 per hour, not so.
The wage really depends on how productive that person can be within the framework of a company. Im certainly not advocating slave labour or exploitation.

But once again I will say that the media is being disingenuous with the reporting of this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Mentally disabled. Physically disabled. So whats the difference ?

Being disabled is just what it states. You are DISABLED.

So now you are saying that some disabled people have more worth than other disabled people?

Go get a Tory Party Membership Form and fill it in.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The disabled? What like soldiers who lost their limbs in illegal wars? Or soldiers who suffer from PTS who committed war crimes for these very same people? How about the disabled from big pharma, peddling their drugs and paying these same wastes of space back handers to get the laws changed? There are times when I am ashamed to be a human and after listening to this sort of bs. Thats exactly how I feel. Roll on the revolution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join