It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice to finally meet the creative minds of the ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As most stories start, I've been visiting ATS for a while now and decided its time to add one more mind to the never ending Knowledge here.

A little starting topic i wish to propose to you all is simply put how powerful can a "Thought" actually turn out to be.

A quick search on ATS lead me to thread from 09 with some interesting information but the question still doesn't have much of an answer.

'09

or maybe my particular question doesn't have much of answer, So I shall start by saying being new here it's up to you whether or not you take my words truthfully in the end it's no real difference to my life.

Over the past couple of months I've been playing on a quest to figure out how strong one's thoughts can be. I'll give you and example
5 Friends sitting around chatting about what ever having a laugh, you have a thought of a topic you may want to introduce into the conversation but you're still thinking when the best time to change to the topic to yours is... only to wait a second later to hear the exact same topic you were contemplating just come out of your friends mouth... Trying to put my question simply with an example is a little tricky but I hope its not to confusing.

So over these months while I've been hanging out with friends I've been noticing those types of situations happen a lot more then I could consider to be a coincidence, if it were to happen maybe once a month or maybe twice a month i would consider it to be just luck and two friends just having the same likes/interests so they think the same. But when it happens 1-2 times a week or pretty much at least once or twice during a chilling with friends I can't seem to ask, Can thoughts travel through some sort of medium or do the float above our bodies in a way we cant 'see/measure'

Nice to meet you all, can't wait to exchange thoughts.
peace!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Super Moderator

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Uh the swift mods of ATS

Thank you

peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Here as you may or may not already know, interesting questions and discussions take place regarding similar topics such as yours on a daily basis.

originally posted by: justneo
you have a thought of a topic you may want to introduce into the conversation but you're still thinking when the best time to change to the topic to yours is... only to wait a second later to hear the exact same topic you were contemplating just come out of your friends mouth...

I've found from personal experience that this sort of thing happens not only in face to face discussions but also here online. I'll be thinking about a topic/idea/theory just to find others have either already posted a new thread topic or have mentioned the very thing or close to it in a reply on a related topic.

Synchronicity?

Again, Welcome.

edit on 15-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Welcome Neo.
Enjoy the boards.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Hey!
I shall have to do some digging later on to find all those interesting threads!
but it's funny you say

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I've found from personal experience that this sort of thing happens not only in face to face discussions but also here online. I'll be thinking about a topic/idea/theory just to find others have either already posted a new thread topic or have mentioned the very thing or close to it in a reply on a related topic.

Synchronicity?

Again, Welcome.

Because just before I decided to join I came across a new thread that pretty much was 100% what I thought about maybe a couple weeks ago. but was to lazy to do anything about it

So I have no doubts as to there actually something going on that we just cant perceive.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I can enjoy them a lot more now that I've joined!

Thank you

Peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS…

How did you know I was going to say that?

I get you though. When it comes to "forethought", what I think that is called is precognition. Oe Presience on some level. Empathy for others feelings or thought. A sympathetic mind set to others emotions and thoughts.

Thats a good thing.

Ever been thinking of someone and they call you up right then?

Theres your sign. Too bad we can't control it at will. Thats what makes me think its an outside source telling us these things.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Creative Mines of ATS.

Oh, you must mean those people over there. I'm just here for the free pretzels.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Welcome!!

Always good to meet the new guy.

Don't go under on us.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You could most defiantly use that as an example too

Sadly that is true, but maybe one day we'll learn, although with the way things have been heading... I don't think that'll be happening any time soon -_-

but much hope is still to be had!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I've been tripping out on thoughts for awhile now, especially lately, funny that your intro happens to be at this time. Good stuff.

Definitely something more to our thoughts, they're like a quantum material. I find it happens most when we can stop thinking so hard and allow the subliminal mind to go to work. However we build our subliminal minds by training our active everyday thoughts. I expierience spooky Synchronicity on a daily basis and am no longer concerning myself with them as much because I almost drove myself crazy. It started to get too real and I may have been putting myself in a realm I am not yet equipped for.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sort of a Jungian collective unconscious thing. Correlations abound in nature and everyday experience. The causation piece is the tricky part. Epistemology is a real rabbit hole. Who knows?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

welcome to ATS justneo

It is a great place to brainstorm the kind of thoughts that would get you laughed at in a crowd

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS family!

We've been expecting you!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Quantum material has come to mind in the past for me as a reason to try describe thoughts as more physical properties.
I agree with you there me and my friends have tried a few "what am I thinking right now tests" and the answer is always the first thing that pops into your head and not the answer you're actually "Thinking" it might be. So It leads me to believe that thoughts are some how connected to our feelings more rather than our "Conscious minds"

But I shall keep what you said in mind, I certainly don't want it to get to me that much. But I'm sure to be keeping my mind open for more of these "events"

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Uh so true.
Only if "They" spent more time wondering about life rather than wondering how to kill it, we could be closer to understanding what we've been made to believe as what we feel is just on the inside and has no effect on the outside world...

I guess, as you all probably can guess to the way we've been taught is to understand only what we can see and measure, But maybe this is something we don't need to try to learn or understand like everything we already know about the earth and cosmos(and what we haven't discovered yet) maybe we already know and understand it we just don't know how to believe it.

top topics

join