It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these clear pathways or tracks in this Curiosity panorama image?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Maybe this is me seeing things, but I keep seeing structured pathways in this panorama.
I have kept noticing these in many Mars images, and up until now I have not found a panorama with such good examples as this one has.
To me these are cleared areas and specifically look like our paths or well-worn tracks would do if they were used regularly.
Does anyone else see this?

Taken from here

I have altered the brightness, contrast and colour from the original.
Example 1
Example 2

Once again, I cannot post to my ATS image upload area due to _javascript errors on the upload page so I have to link to the examples on another site.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
As much as i would like for it to be true, it's just random patterns created on the surface of the planet, that is what pretty much all of the mars pictures have shown so far, things that seem strange but are very possibly in the randomness of the different forces in play on that planet.
Even on earth we have loads of examples of trees, rock formations, rivers, that when seen from a certain angle, look like "something else" rock formations that look like a human face are a perfect example. yet we treat them as what they are, a random, curious event. nobody looks at a tree vaguely shaped like a human and says "Ah! proof/ evidence of an ancient race of tree people!"
but since it's mars, every little thing is considered possible evidence of some form of advanced life.
Mars is barren. we just have to get over it, while microscopic life forms could exist, this idea of traces of some kind of civilization are really just us wanting to see things.
With that being said, we should still keep looking, because you never know what we might learn!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

They are called gaps which are the space in between things

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Here are your pictures for you:

And you're two examples:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
One sees that quite often here on earth, and it's caused by wind and water erosion. More than likely from what I can gather, those were either cracks in the rock that got eroded into those gaps, or they were a softer sediment in the rock that weathered away more easily than the surrounding area.

Now, if they looked more like these here on Earth, I might argue otherwise.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

stop talking crazy!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If those are pathways, then they lead to nowhere.

Cracks in the bedrock is the mainstream explanation. But perhaps they are roads and highways used by the tiny martians that live in Hoagland's martian apartments.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Malta -

Source

These were made before the wheel was invented on earth.

I dont think I would rule anything out on Mars until we can see it with our own eyes first. There is no telling whats buried underneath the ground on Mars.

edit on 15-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Bedrock erosion over millennia would have produced rubble on top not a clear pathway. Some of these channels look like they have been cut although I realise that some rocks break cleanly and are stratified in nature in these cases I believe this is another example of civilisations on Mars. Wind and water erosion would not have produced such a localised effect.

I do accept that our (my) beliefs drive what we want to see, but I do not necessarily want there to be beings living on Mars as I know what would happen when we humans get there if they turn out to be less powerful than us.

I reckon it really is dog-eat-dog in the universal space world and the most powerful with the best technology will be all over the weaker human species.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
over on the right side of the photo is a rock that has what look like chalk-marks scratched on it (?);

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I think these may well be just the way the sunlight is hitting the irregular shape of the rock on that side. That makes the sunlight appear as if in strips which is what looks to you as white marks.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

So gaps between stones/rocks covered with Martian soil/dust is a pathway, have you never seen the same thing on Earth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

So gaps between stones/rocks covered with Martian soil/dust is a pathway, have you never seen the same thing on Earth

These are not just gaps between rocks.

One of the signs of life would be pathways and tracks between significant (to them) landmarks so now I ask you - Have you never seen animal tracks and pathways on Earth leading to their burrow/shelter/den/whatever ? Come on, I am sure you have and this is exactly the same thing but on Mars.

Some I have found have even got the cleared rocks lined up along the edges of the pathway in an orderly way which emphrasises the track.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think you have to admit that this looks more like a path than a gap between rocks and it appears to carry on going to the right and into the distance up the hill.

Sol 177 Curiosity 'selfie'
This example is at the top right hand corner of the link above but there are many similar ones in this Curiosity 'selfie' from Sol 177.

Example from Sol 177
Slightly larger pic of same example

new topics

top topics

join