It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change.org Petition To Demand Dr. Frieden's Resignation: What Do ATS Members Think?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

If you read the Hot Zone there are descriptive narratives about Ebola deaths.

Places where people die of Ebola look like crime scenes… which they are.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Seems everyone involved is more concerned about optics and political positioning than public health. Doubt that will change with the frontline puppet.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

There are election outcomes to worry about in November.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I believe that our great leader, President Obama needs to get his hands wet here, so to speak. Let us know if he still has complete confidence in the CDC and their director. If he doesn't, then he needs to grab the bull by the horns and replace him with someone that he believes to be up to the task.
I do not have confidence in Frieden.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: soficrow

There are election outcomes to worry about in November.

I am growing ever more certain that Jeb Bush will ride the magic Ebola bullet straight into the White House in 2016. Just watch.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Reading The Hot Zone now.

I again agree with most if what you say. Sounds like an entire new infectious disease control agency needs to be funded and formed, one that is equipped to deal with a domestic based pandemic. And, at this point, there is no time for that. So, what now?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I believe that our great leader, President Obama needs to get his hands wet here, so to speak. Let us know if he still has complete confidence in the CDC and their director. If he doesn't, then he needs to grab the bull by the horns and replace him with someone that he believes to be up to the task.
I do not have confidence in Frieden.

Yeah. Get tough like BP oil spill style.

Obama kicks some but song?!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I can't argue with what you say. I don't like the idea of the military taking over, but that may be our only choice, given there seems to be little time for a competent infectious control agency to be funded and formed.

My nephews are officers in the army. They were asked in interviews if they felt capable of shooting US citizens, in the US. Eerie....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So, what now?

Make that book required reading in every school and nurses station?

Too little, too late, maybe.

To me, its obvious the nurses working with Duncan at the end hadn't been properly informed.

Enjoy "The Hot Zone".

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry, but they sent in the NG during a Hurricane. They should be doing that with this case now. This is not about losing civil liberties,etc,etc...this is about containment.

The fact that someone who treated this person was allowed to fly is absurd. The fact that the CDC did not step in with the correct protocols is crazy.

There needs to be a mass quarantine to stop this now. In Africa, villages are isolated and the disease burns itself out. In America, you have more than 70 people who we are told were in direct contact and how many more were disposing of the materials. Handlers. These people went home and went to stores and went out to eat. They kissed loved ones who then went to work or get gas or the mall or out to eat. The risk of spreading this in the US is far greater than a third world nation.

The hospital should be shut down and everyone who had contact should be quarantined....

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This is totally frightening.But the final question is always, will you do what needs to be done? Will you sacrifice the few for the many? Its a hard question. Even of those that say,yes I can kill those few in order to keep the rest alive. When you get in that situation,and have to pull the trigger,its another story. One I would not want to be in,but yes I think if I had to I would pull the trigger. Just please God,don't let me have to choose ever.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
In many posts of mine I have talked about The Hot Zone. I have not only read it,but I have also read the book Ebola by
William T. Close, M.D., the American physician who lived in Zaire for sixteen years, and who worked to contain the first outbreak of the virus in 1976. I have been watching and waiting knowing that in time this would happen. As Richard Preston said there are 'micro breaks that occur when a new disease is emerging.' You will see a few die here and a few die there. Then all of a sudden BAM, it goes on a major burn through the population.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You will see a few die here and a few die there. Then all of a sudden BAM, it goes on a major burn through the population.

Um hmmm.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

As someone watching from afar im hesitant to get into the politics of his position or what should happen. It is highly unlikely that he would be asked to step down, all i would say is that as someone who is in a position funded by the people he should listen to what the people say about how this was handled. Unfortunately a peoples petition is unlikely to hold much weight.. if health care unions got involved (particularly nurses and doctors unions) there might be action taken. Keep in mind though that he relies on an extensive team to provide information and what to do so even if he was replaced the info would likely stay the same.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Though I agree. I think the only thing that might motivate the next one in line to do things right is to prosecute him for criminal negligence.

Or something ....people are sick and could die and even more at risk because of the CDC

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: D4rcyJones

As someone watching from afar im hesitant to get into the politics of his position or what should happen. It is highly unlikely that he would be asked to step down, all i would say is that as someone who is in a position funded by the people he should listen to what the people say about how this was handled. Unfortunately a peoples petition is unlikely to hold much weight.. if health care unions got involved (particularly nurses and doctors unions) there might be action taken. Keep in mind though that he relies on an extensive team to provide information and what to do so even if he was replaced the info would likely stay the same.

As time goes on, I wonder more and more if Metafuchs is correct, and the National Guard, etc, will step in to contain this virus to prevent it from spreading like wildfire in the US. And maybe by that point flights to infected countries will have been banned.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, we're supposed to have a US Surgeon General, but the GOP/Republicans have blocked Obama's appointee.

That would be the person coordinating all the efforts between the White House, CDC and other agencies.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Though I agree. I think the only thing that might motivate the next one in line to do things right is to prosecute him for criminal negligence.

Or something ....people are sick and could die and even more at risk because of the CDC

Great point. Let's start by prosecuting Nancy Snydernan, a medical correspondent who broke self quarantine to go with a friend to get pizza. Yeesh...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, we're supposed to have a US Surgeon General, but the GOP/Republicans have blocked Obama's appointee.

That would be the person coordinating all the efforts between the White House, CDC and other agencies.

That's right! I had not connected those particular dots. I miss the obvious at times. Thanks for commenting. I am invigorated by my first week on ATS

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: D4rcyJones

Yes, I have been tapping my fingers, waiting for the unions to step in: Airlines, Healthcare, and Hotel workers in particular. Public transpo and restaurant workers too.
edit on bWednesdayu15Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:13:02 -0500pm41310 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on bWednesday00000015Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:14:03 -0500pm41410 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join