It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Pandemic in 2009 was WAY worse than Ebola now....Proof right here!! The numbers don't lie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Why NOW, and not until NOW, has it spread to several other countries?
a reply to: thesmokingman

Good question, I was thinking just last night about other countries and I wondered how
Russia and China are managing their airports and such?

I suppose we will never know about how they are truly dealing with the situation but I am pretty sure
they have checks and balances in place as I type this.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

Can you explain how past Ebola outbreaks were stopped/contained?

Victims were isolated until the virus had no new hosts to carry on.

Ebola isn't that hard to contain as long as the carriers stay in the same area and the virus can't jump outside of the isolated population.

Doctors without borders and the local governments have been doing it since the first outbreak in 1976.

Unfortunately, the virus is now in dense populations and is distributed all over the planet.

The virus could be contained using ring vaccination if there were a widely available vaccine. That method was used to wipe out smallpox. It even worked in India back in the seventies when they didn't have much organization but had a huge population and thousands of affected areas.

There are effective ways to contain and fight any virus if you have a vaccine without one it's much harder.

The only way with no vaccine and a 50% death rate is absolute quarantine and geographic isolation.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
LOOOOLLLLL.... 58 replys and 4 flags... that should tell you what you are up against man. I decided about 3 weeks ago to just sit back... read... and laugh.

You cannot change the hysteria.

I could not care less about stars or flags to be honest...I am just astounded at the amount of ignorance on a site that is all about denying ignorance!! Its cool though, I can deal with them, but it is nice to have at least one sane person with me here.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

That is a fair answer. So why have the same precautions and system NOT been put in place like the last time they stopped it? I did a thread yesterday about a journalist who has been living there, and he said it is well known among the people of these countries affected that they are being injected by the Red Cross, and those that are getting the injections, are the ones that are getting sick and dying.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

But those deaths has been only in nations where ebola first did the species crossing, still until this day nobody can tell how ebola crossed species and nobody can tell or track the origins of the virus because bats are not their natural host to begin with, making the whole issue of ebola a suspicious virus and perhaps nature didn't have anything to do with it.

We only have death in the US and the person didn't contact the virus here.

I understand your point. I don't have those answers.

BUT,

The source of Ebola Zaire doesn't really matter much any more.
It's already escaped from Africa and from the environment where it was able to be contained.

It's out in the world and will do whatever it can to multiply and propagate. It will do this as long as there are paths for it to find new hosts.

Smallpox came to South America on a sailing ship.
It took down about 90% of the population of that continent.

The origin of the disease didn't matter once it arrived in South America. The only thing that mattered was that it was introduced into the environment and flourished.

Ebola has the potential to flourish in the new environments it has found across the globe.
We need to face it now and take the steps to put it back into whatever bottle it escaped from.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

Can you explain how past Ebola outbreaks were stopped/contained?

Victims were isolated until the virus had no new hosts to carry on.

Ebola isn't that hard to contain as long as the carriers stay in the same area and the virus can't jump outside of the isolated population.

Doctors without borders and the local governments have been doing it since the first outbreak in 1976.

Unfortunately, the virus is now in dense populations and is distributed all over the planet.

The virus could be contained using ring vaccination if there were a widely available vaccine. That method was used to wipe out smallpox. It even worked in India back in the seventies when they didn't have much organization but had a huge population and thousands of affected areas.

There are effective ways to contain and fight any virus if you have a vaccine without one it's much harder.

The only way with no vaccine and a 50% death rate is absolute quarantine and geographic isolation.

The only way this virus is spreading in liberia because they have have something like a 1 running toilet to 3500 people.

They crap, pee, bath, and drink (if river) from the same water source.

This Virus has no chance in any other country.... proof? Nigeria stamped it out in 30 days.

edit on 14-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That is a fair answer. So why have the same precautions and system NOT been put in place like the last time they stopped it? I did a thread yesterday about a journalist who has been living there, and he said it is well known among the people of these countries affected that they are being injected by the Red Cross, and those that are getting the injections, are the ones that are getting sick and dying.

As far as the injections<
That is something I can't even comment on because I really don't know.
I know those stories are going around over there. Maybe some of them are true.
I have a hard time believing that though.

As far as why the same precautions and systems did not work this time:
Doctors without borders went in as soon as they could but they were too late.
Most likely because they didn't know about this until it was too late.

This strain has fewer extreme symptoms like visible hemorrhaging. There are a lot more symptoms and they look like other diseases. The virus got out of hand before it was even noticed.

I don't have all of the answers. I'm just going with what I already know and learn as I go along.
This outbreak may be natural, it may be planted, it may be a mutated strain that doesn't show symptoms early so it travels easier. It's out there though and has to be shut down before it gets more integrated into the new environments it has found.

Pigs and dogs can carry ebola without being affected.
We won't need bats and secret experiments to spread this virus. Once ebola gets comfortable in western climates it will have multiple reservoirs and plenty of mobility.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hmmmm...gotta think about what virus is one for us to worry about....

Swine Flu - highly infectious, pig and human vectors...widespread partial immunity already existed, infected millions quickly...killed relatively few of them.....

Swine Flu did fly...everywhere. I know I flew it home after I drove it in from Mexico.

HIV - Direct blood fluid exchange infection only, no external shedding of virus, limited vectors for infection....very very long incubation period....hopefully even longer period of intervention....68 million infected (give or take a few million or so) and 38 million dead (once again give or take a million or so). 12000 in the U.S. last year. at least that is down from the 40-50 thousand a year it used to be here so the bell curve on that epidemic graph may let us have some total counts soon, but for now...still running the final numbers on that last global plague out of Africa.

If I remember correctly (oh yeah I DO very well) U.S. would not let anyone infected with HIV into the country from anywhere, for any reason, until 2007. Canada...the same. (International conference in Toronto caused the pressure to force the bans to be lifted in both countries). Austrailia, China...still bans them.

Ebola - highly infectious, extreme shedding of virus in mid and final stages, multiple vectors for infection from contact to sneezes to surfaces to rodents and dogs and...we are not sure as we are still studying the very first outbreak of Ebola of this type....currently limited to a very small corner of our world already estimated to have infected 8000 and killed 4000, 4500, wait..... and the year is not over yet...hell that number will be double next week that stats counter has it some exponential digit turbo charge growth factor coming soon.

And Ebola is just only now getting some hooks on some real population expansion opportunities, get to chill out in the hood on a cold stair rail for days and months even, it ain't ever seen no sewer or subway and its just waiting to prove a Norway rat is just as good as an African fruit bat for spreadin' around to make sure it ain't ever going away. Its excited to get here and see the big Apple as soon as it can, and spread across the land and hang out, and float around in the cold winter air where the UV is thin and friendly....and Obola keeps sending Ebola plane tickets to do just that.

So give it a few more weeks and it can pass AIDS as the boogyman and still have two months head start at that swine flu grand total, and its still trying to find a hook on a bigger population (insert: this paragraph is pure fiction - it will probably take it a few months to get past the U.S. totals here, and maybe a year or two to beat AIDS as the true global boogyman of all time...but some of us might not be here to hear me say I told you so, if I make it to tell you I told you so. Like I said....fiction end insert).

Swine flu...I'd recommend you choose swine flu. Really.
edit on 14-10-2014 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2014 by lakesidepark because: really...please pick swine flu

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Lets not get carried away they won a small battle not the war.

The real test will be when they are getting 10 cross border infections a month or a week.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Swine flu has a 0.02% mortality rate with a 1 in 5 infection rate.

Give me swine flu over ebola any day.

uk.reuters.com...
edit on 14-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That is what I have noticed for a while since the ebola pandemic of one man was given entry into the US.

But people like to feed on fear, to tell you truth, fear is what makes a pandemic worst.

Is interesting about how ebola has been allow to get out of Africa where it was first born as a cross species virus.

I can only have one big explanation,

Poor countries means not money or profits on vaccines, but infect more affluent countries, create a mass hysteria and people will beg for the cure, now it didn't work with H1N1, but we got bodies plenty of them we got and African blow out epidemic, soo convenient, how the world can be saved the poor countries suffering with ebola and the affluent countries that can pay for ebola vaccines.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
in the next 6 months they are estimating 10,000s dying per month. Ebola has the upper hand and when 100,00 are infected expect people to depart more during their 21 days to other parts of the world

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

That is what I have noticed for a while since the ebola pandemic of one man was given entry into the US.

But people like to feed on fear, to tell you truth, fear is what makes a pandemic worst.

Is interesting about how ebola has been allow to get out of Africa where it was first born as a cross species virus.

I can only have one big explanation,

Poor countries means not money or profits on vaccines, but infect more affluent countries, create a mass hysteria and people will beg for the cure, now it didn't work with H1N1, but we got bodies plenty of them we got and African blow out epidemic, soo convenient, how the world can be saved the poor countries suffering with ebola and the affluent countries that can pay for ebola vaccines.

Im more of a lurker than poster... but for some time Ive read your posts... I think you are spot on most of the time. I think you are correct now. If there is some sort of coverup it isn't the one that people think.
edit on 14-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

In 60 days the first vaccine will be available, already been predicted to be for human use in January of 2015.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You know I am a conspirator, I tend to see a bit more and dig more than the most, I say that is a correlation between ebola in the US and big pharma soon to be available vaccines.

Even with all the so call pandemic of ebola in Africa, the deaths across the globe in more affluent countries are still very much to a minimum or none existant.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You know I am a conspirator, I tend to see a bit more and dig more than the most, I say that is a correlation between ebola in the US and big pharma soon to be available vaccines.

Even with all the so call pandemic of ebola in Africa, the deaths across the globe in more affluent countries are still very much to a minimum or none existant.

As I am too... or I wouldn't be here. I get you.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Don't conclude that everyone is hysterical about the ebola outbreak.The OP stated how many people died,from the swine flu virus,percentage-wise.I,for instance,replied that with ebola's higher mortality rate,percentage-wise the death toll in the same situation would have been proportionally far higher,in the millions.Facts are facts.Ebola is far more lethal than swine flu,far more likely to kill one than swine flu.My daughter had swine flu-the rest of our household did'nt even get sick-if she had ebola,it is very unlikely that all or even any of us would have escaped being infected also.It's not hysteria to see a matter in perspective.a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I wanted to tell you both that you are wrong, get the tinfoil off....

And that those FEMA camps and body bags were not some plan...

Really I did....

(leaves and says nothing, looks for a bunker.....)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

Nah, is not money to be made with body bags and fema camps, the disposal of bodies from infectious diseases is cremation, that will put the coffins out of business.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: lakesidepark

Nah, is not money to be made with body bags and fema camps, the disposal of bodies from infectious diseases is cremation, that will put the coffins out of business.

yes and they carry them to the fire in the bags and burn them you want the body bag makers cut out of the money grab? The richers get the boxes, burn them too so more peasants can make more boxes.

I'm sure they got their cut too.

And from the smoke of the ebola incinerators....Obola will tax the CO2.
edit on 14-10-2014 by lakesidepark because: thats a sig line fer ya

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join