It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Characteristics You May Find In Those Who Are Awakening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Oddly enough i relate to most of these. But the whole thing seems almost egotistical. I dunno.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

There is a state of 'knowingness', you know.

If so, there is also a state of "not-knowingness". How do you know which state you are in?

It doesn't matter anyways. The word means nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

I agree with you that some of this wording does not seem to really explain things correctly, and actually seems a bit misleading.

These are personal opinions, based on much reading and personal experience, but:

Some of the list seems true, in a general sense, but there are some things that made me think...ummm no, not really exactly.

As you said, the part about:

We know things without having to intellectually figure them out. Often called intuitive awareness, we have ‘a-ha’ moments and insights that can explain some of the most complex theories or phenomenon in the world.

... that does not seem to explain it exactly. Complex theories have nothing to do with the knowing of awakening. The "knowing" is just kind of... understanding... in a vague way. The intuitive part seems correct. The knowing of awakening seems more like just having a "feeling" that you understand something, but not really a complex exact understanding of the complete phenomenon.

The part about not living in fear - that does not seem true. The more you know and understand about what reality really is, makes it all the more frightening. The reality is not always good. Sometimes understanding helps you deal with it, or accept it, but it does not make you unafraid. As you noted, bringing the truth to light often leads to fear. Knowing things, and not being able to make others aware, or not knowing how to make them know what you know, because you can't explain it - that is frustrating and causes fear.

Some things on the list, although true, do not seem to have anything to do with awakening. Not liking TV or mainstream media seems more like just common sense and intelligence. Most of TV is simply mind-numbingly stupid.

Feeling sick because others are sick? That seems more like a problem than a good feature.

Health foods and natural remedies seem like it could be more of a fad for some people, or just wanting to live healthy. It does not seem directly related to spiritual awakening.

Some things on the list seem reasonable. Such as knowing when people are lying, feeling people enough to know what their true intentions are, feeling the energy of others, etc.

... if any of that makes sense

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

My first reaction was "Bullcrap new-age jibber-jabber!"

Then I read the list and found it to be alarmingly accurate to many of the inner changes I've been aware of happening in my life. There are some that aren't 100% fitting to me exactly, but many of them are indeed spot on.

We have a difficult time doing things we don’t want to do or don’t really enjoy.

themindunleashed.org...

I often detach myself from certain things that I don't want to do, but know they need to be done, however mundane and absurd it seems. All is in the service of spirit, so just do it! Or, you know, whistle while you work! Just relax and enjoy whatever is going on. Attitude is everything.

Being in public places is sometimes overwhelming. Since our walls between self and other are dissolving, we haven’t really learned to distinguish between someone else’s energy and our own.

themindunleashed.org...

I have noticed the dramatic change in my moods when I'm around different people, or with crowds in different areas. I have noticed the sensitivity with which I am attuned to other peoples' moods. There are energy vampires and there are those who will boost the mood as well.

Lying...is nearly impossible.

themindunleashed.org...

I have acquired this filthy habit of always telling the truth, for better or for worse. Everyone has a right to the truth, and I feel wounded if I try to lie, omit, or obfuscate information; I just don't even try anymore. It's hurtful that not everyone values transparency and honesty as I do. I trust my lie-detecting senses as well. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you'll never fool old NB

edit on 14-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is a reiteration of the "Indigo" silliness that was in vogue a while back.
People love to claim they have access to specialized knowledge. I'm Indigo. You're not. I'm awakened. You're not.
I can channel the Egyptian deities and you can't.

This statement in item #2 is just ridiculous new-age nonsense:
We no longer see life choices and right or wrong, good or bad, just choices defined by the neutral frequencies that we later define.

The author says "Our minds are light years ahead."
Then he says: "We won't like you if you're egotistical."

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
People love to claim they have access to specialized knowledge

I just call it patience, tolerance, and compassion. Nothing special about it--but not everyone has it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I just want to say that I think its great that people are getting in touch with their spirituality. I have concerns that like a previous person mentioned; there does seem to be ego involved in this discussion. Knowing yourself and having faith in the eternal life that flows through the universe is a personal and spiritual matter. Comparing medical treatment and knowing more than the next person-whether they're awake or not is entirely superficial and vain when you consider the nature of the spirit and this discussion. Also I worry about these rumours of "alien" assistance. I wonder if you all could answer this- did you seek personal enlightenment or did you seek a place in a shiny new world provided by a more intelligent race of friendly blue eyed men? If the answer is the latter then your ascension is null and void. Be patient and have faith YOU have the answers. The universe provides only what we need, not what we want.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I can agree with many but not all. Very recognizable. Does having plenty of deja vu like moments belong on this list ?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

We no longer see life choices and right or wrong, good or bad, just choices defined by the neutral frequencies that we later define.

Good point.

Whenever I see these odd lists, I always take them seriously at first, and then study them, to see, if they come from a pure source or just someone's messed-up ego. Usually, it's the latter.

This list seems to have lots of ramblings, contradictions, egotistical self-praising (why else would it be written in the form of "WE" instead of "THEY"?) and just general silliness.

Also, a lot of the time, a statement is made, but the explanation does not match the statement. Instead of an explanation and elaboration, it is often a sudden push of a theory that may or may not make sense or ring true, or even have anything to do with what was said.

There are some really vague statements in there as well, and their explanations are a chaotic mess - hard to even try to properly reply to. Many people here have already given good replies and dissected some of the stuff.

A lot of it is self-explanatory - who really likes crowds? It's easy to be overwhelmed in public places, unless you really thrive from it, even if you are not a Special Holier-Than-Others Chosen One that's Awakening.

We all have intuitions, and we all have probably sometimes 'known' something without intellectual process. For example, anyone who is learning another language, can stumble into the phenomenon of simply knowing what some word in english is in that other language, without having specifically studied for that exact word whatsoever. But this doesn't make you any kind of Special Divine Chosen One that All Must Bow to.

The statement about the mainstream media is a bit superficial. On one hand, it seems to be true - there's mostly manipulative stupidities that people are hooked to watch. But on another, there ARE good things even in the mainstream media (or at least used to be), like documentaries, travel videos, and the like. I have found great treasures from television programs, movies, musicals, concerts, musicvideos and the like, so this statement is too quick to dismiss EVERYTHING with one, general sweep.

Granted, perhaps 80-90% of any human-created entertainment (books, computer games, movies, TV shows, etc.) is awful and manipulative, but there -are- good things amidst it all. The writer of this sentiment just didn't take their time to search for the golden straws in the hay pile.

What's 'current paradigm'? And what does '..choises defined by the neural frequencies' have to do with it, and how do you move from 'current paradigm' to 'unity consciousness', especially without defining it first? Zen masters never needed any paradigms or unity consciousnesses. And I'd trust each and every one of them before the writer of this text.

Besides, isn't the whole "this many these"-type titling very mainstream anyway? Isn't that populist and crowd-pleasing? The junk food of journalism / writing.

"25 easy ways to lose weight!"
"10 reasons why The Matrix sequels are junk"
"14 Spiritual Practices They Don't Want You To Know About!"

And so on .. (I deliberately avoided the masonic numbering that's also popular with such articles)

When there's a number, it speaks immediately to the lowest common denominator, who thinks that it's going to be easily defined, easy to digest, easy to read and it's nice, packaged, limited, rounded up and pre-processed, so it will also be easy to swallow.

I noticed this list didn't include "critical thinking" or "questioning of weird lists"... but it did include "NOT questioning" at one point. And it used the word "love" quite a lot, which is always nowadays a bit of a red flag. It's easy to get women's attention with that word in articles, and the junk-journalists know this.

The bit about "they don't feel the need" is also weird. Why would this be included? Including a negative statement like this seems a bit odd. You could write huge lists of what certain people DON'T feel or AREN'T like. Why not just stick to what they feel and what they are. Surely it can be done without resorting to writing about 'lacks of feelings'.

There's so much fluff in this article anyway - there are the obvious generalities, like 'creative' and 'bring truth to light' (which is a weird way of saying they are honest and truthful and gladly explain the truth to people - the usage of the word 'light' is suspicious, because we all know about the names and obsessions of the group of oligarchs that want to control the world, and mostly do)

Who wouldn't like solitude in a world like this, that's populated with this kind of denizens? Most people on Terra are far away from the true definition of 'human'.

So, they like actual, do-no-harm-healing better than the official, injuring, damaging, traumatizing and side-effect-causing knife+pill-quackery that's violently and powerfully pushed to the masses. What rational human wouldn't?

Then there are those bits that either do not make any sense, or are the products of a chaotic mind.

What does "They fully accept that they can only attract what is within their vibrational field" even mean? Can anyone explain this simply? The explanation this list offers just confuses it more (if that's possible).

A lot of people can spot liars easily, and a lot of people have no sense of time.

Besides, how can they be 'obsessed' of anything, especially 'bringing truth to light', if they 'have no need to awaken others"?

Some routines can be good - not all routines should be abhorred by anyone. There are helpful routines, like good eating and exercize habits, and there are oppressive routines, like working in a factory product line.

There's also no mention of humility, or keeping the connection with the Omnipotent Creator open, or not letting your left hand know what the right is doing, etc. It's more like the glorification of the ego - oh, we are so superior, and we are awakening, and the Universe loves us, and we have amazing imaginations (this kind of adjectives do not belong to a neutral description, but women put them even to describe a sales item on eBay, etc. .. I never understood, why they think some shirt or chair can be 'lovely' in an absolute sense - I can understand 'red' or 'worn', but not 'lovely' or 'amazing')

This whole article sounds like just another women's magazine list that some "I am so spiritual, because I bought an indian scarf and aroma candles!"-hack has written, in the typical fashion of these self-congratulatory egomonsters. Everyone praises women, so they start feeling they are omnipotent, special Chosen Ones and then they get a free computer because, vagina, and then start writing these articles and get promoted and no one ever gives them proper criticism, because women can't be critisized in this world.

But this article is certainly not truth, it's actually quite disgusting, and I can't waste more time on it (though there's a lot more to critisize).

Just a last note: there are a lot of things that are actually missing from the list, that could replace some of the goofiest bits easily, but I'll let the reader figure them out, just to keep things alive.

Btw, one of the "Indigo"-lists is actually pretty good - at least, after I modified it somewhat (it wasn't really imaginative or interesting enough in its original form), so there's some point to the 'Indigo'-thing - though I must admit, EVERY single individual that I have been in any contact with that have identified themselves with being 'Indigos', have definitely been contradictory to what the list said Indigos are supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How this list was probably born;

1) A woman sits at her free laptop, desiring to find more ways to congratulate herself, but doesn't want to make it too obvious. She of course wants the whole world to worship her. What a dilemma, how to do it?

2) She realizes that she could write up all kinds of stuff that she either feels she is, or she feels a 'spiritually superior being' should be like, and then attribute it all to herself, and then pass it off as a list of greatly 'awakened' or 'awakening' Chosen Ones that will soon rule the planet completely and that everyone should bow to.

3) She makes it into a list, and then tries to explain every point (except the couple that would have benefited from an explanation), but typically for egomonsters, she writes her stream of consciousness into them instead.

4) She thinks of the most convenient, mainstream, selling and egotistical and-yet-so-spiritual title for it, before fixing it up a little (obviously not much).

5) She sends it to every single 'spiritual' source she can think of, and then just waits for the praises to come flooding in. Every time anyone thinks the list is true, she can feel that someone loves -her- specifically, because that's what the list is secretly about.

Well, that's just a theory, of course, but right now, I can't think of a more plausible way for these lists to get made.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Occam7blade

You are right.

The bit about 'loving imperfection' also kind of sounds weird to my ear. Sounds like a slutty/overweight woman, who wants to find excuses for her behaviour/lifestyle/laziness.

I certainly don't find 'my imperfection beautiful' - I'd rather be perfect, and get it over with, than somehow enjoy imperfections. I hate my mistakes and want to learn from them, instead of seeing them as something beautiful, to be worshipped.

And of course, there aren't any concrete examples of what that 'imperfection' means in practice. Physical imperfections? Imperfections in mental attitudes? Imperfections in behaviour? Bad habits? Bad treatment of others? Not cleaning the house often enough?

A lot of this list sounds very self-congratulatory ego-based excuses for laziness and not making effort. It also sounds like an excuse to pump some odd theories and dogma to the unsuspecting reader's brains. Just compare the actual statement to their weird explanations, that go completely off-tangent. What does "beauty of imperfection" has to do with "no need to judge those who are exactly where they need to be"? Really? What if they are trying to go elsewhere - you won't help them, because they are .. WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE IMPERFECTIONS? ..

Very unclear, unfocused, chaotic list. Perhaps written by a drug-user of some kind. The whole 'lying is nearly impossible'-thing, for example - wouldn't the kindness actually make it more possible, because you'd rather not listen to your own suspicions about others, because you want to think good of everyone?

But more importantly, it sounds to me, like someone is being very egotistical: "Hey, buster - YOU can't lie to ME, because I am AWAKENED! So there!" .. yeah, right.

edit on 14-10-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I just call it patience, tolerance, and compassion. Nothing special about it--but not everyone has it.

Everyone has them. We are from a Divine source - we all have every divine quality that every other part of us has.

Not everyone USES them, though. That's the difference. And even those that use them, use them selectively and sparingly, and very situationally as well.

And yes, it's "them", when there are more than one, not "it".

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Made sense to me.

Blue Ajah interesting. Would probably choose white for me.

There really is not much to fear. Most of the time I am more annoyed than fearing. Maybe that is fear for others or all souls.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the very quick identification of strong egotism and it being met with mostly helpful feedback.

Id call that a win, overall.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
This is a reiteration of the "Indigo" silliness that was in vogue a while back.
People love to claim they have access to specialized knowledge. I'm Indigo. You're not. I'm awakened. You're not.
I can channel the Egyptian deities and you can't.

Yes the whole no right or wrong always gets me when discussing with new ager:s who have some awareness but have not thought about the concept of right and wrong logically. There is objective right and wrong taking in the whole of creation even if we do not know it because of limitations. There are situations that you want to not experience and try to avoid.

Why would Jesus/Rumi/Krishna/Nanak all preach the golden rule if there was no wrong in breaking the golden rule?

Light years ahead (no ego at all hiding under that statement)

I do have in a way my own view and a lot of blind spots that I would like to know.
edit on 14-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

From my point of view.

Vibrational field is probably meant to be the field around you when you push light/chi/kundalini thru you body since the body can feel vibrations when you do this with for instance Reiki/Meditation or whatever tool is suitable for you. Can also mean the people you are trying to find thru synchronicity while pushing other people away so you can avoid their insane behavior.

Again if there was no right and wrong why push people away and avoid them. Again very ambiguous. The logical part of me becomes annoyed again.

Namaste.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: Aphorism

My theory so far if you are really interested.

Quantum theory is a probability field that exists around us giving rise to both the double slit probability wave and the entanglement that have been observed in experiment. Sometimes the probability field creates a synchronicity that is 2 different actions in space time become dependent on each other (like entanglement) so what is the cause and effect become hard to decipher since the both need to be to both be.

Synchronicity can sometimes be manipulated by the mind to create telepathic moments where information is willed into being in the receiver. The accuracy differs but getting a 100% accuracy is possible for people where both the sender and receiver are sensitive even if the information can sometimes by pass the receivers own mind and just be told without the receiver knowing why the receiver had that information.

Some people push energy into other people to try to change the field so that the placebo effect get higher while the body relaxes from the energy input. The question is not if this is a rel thing but how effective the procedure is compared to other procedures.

I have actually experienced this synchronicity.It was unexpected, but very welcomed just the same. It was a most exhilarating experience, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

I agree, thinking the OP was saying we are 'better' than the ordinary person and we are the ones that are 'enlightened' and are in complete control of ourselves, our bodies, our minds.
To me it makes it sound more like the governments mind control experiments are working on these select few!
If someone doesn't agree with them well, you must not be one of the enlightened, chosen ones!
I wish I had a nickle for every new age people that said they were enlightened and moving into a 'higher" conciseness, level etc. I have heard it for years but see absolutely no proof!
Oh, I believe there are changes coming to this world but I fear those with egotistical thoughts of being special or chosen will find themselves down in the dirt with everyone else.

Sorry, OP but that is the way you are coming across...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In my personal expierience new age beliefs are simply the occult disguised.

A wolf in sheeps clothing.

Quantum physics apply to everything.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I thought this was the trendy thing back as we approached the year 2000- everyone thinking they were awakening and ascending.... the channelers were hot, the New Age thing was raging. By the time 2012 came and went, it all seemed to calm down.

I do think that collectively speaking, more value has been attached to "fast thinking" as Daniel Kahneman termed it, which has it's benefits. But it also has it's drawbacks (why the combination of fast and slow thinking (System 1 and System 2) seems to be the most efficient.

This kind of "gut knowing" is Fast, automatic, frequent, emotional, stereotypic, subconscious
(as contrasted with slow thinking, which is Slow, effortful, infrequent, logical, calculating, conscious )

The problem with this kind of "knowing" ( I liked also the term "gnowing") can sometimes be completely self contradictory.
I see some of that in the stuff you included in the OP.

Examples-

originally posted by: sled735

25. We will often be kind, but if you are egotistical or rude, we won’t spend much time with you, or find an excuse to not hang out with people who are obsessed with themselves. We don’t ‘get’ people who are insensitive to other people’s feelings or points of view.

Hard to put down people "obsessed with themselves" when you are primarily focused on your own spiritual superiority to others.

Being insensitive to other people's feelings or points of view IS failing to "get" them.

The other way of thinking, which analyses and calculates, acts as a balancing influence to spot and check the ways that kind of emotional thinking can get hypocritical, aiding one to develop integrity. Our gut kinda sucks at distinguishing self from other. When it tries to, it will tend to make quick assumptions that everything considered "bad" or undesireable is the other, and everything "good" or desireable is self.
The other type of thinking is a bit more adapted to being objective.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join