It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musicians/bands generally accepted at great that you do NOT like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

And here's where I make tons of enemies.

I cannot stand the Beatles nor Led Zeppelin in general. A few songs, but generally they grate on my nerves.

*Stands waiting for the endless stream of rotting vegetables to begin flying*

i HATE the beetles but a little zep from time to time soothes my soul. haha. but its cause of their blues, not their rock.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Johnny Cash

Neil Young

Ozzy Osborne

John Lennon

Anyone from Metallica

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

Zeppelin had some garbage tunes, but some epic songs as well. Here is my fave Zep tune.

Also, I cannot stand Evanescence. That chick is the epitome of whiny singers.......ahhhhh!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

I like a couple of Beatles songs, and some of the Lennon solo stuff. I hate McCartney though. As far as Zep goes? I like probably 40% of their stuff to some degree - I just always felt they are not the end all be all. Then again I grew up in an age when every year they would do a "Top 100 songs of all time" countdown and freaking Stairway to Heaven was ALWAYS #1! And Page STOLE that riff.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: the owlbear

Like I said, just not my cup of tea. I respect other's tastes and hope they respect mine. While my tastes cover many different genres, I happen to be a big fan of funk and some disco. But I'm a bass player, so I'm biased.

a reply to: TrueBrit

Ya, 5 finger is a bunch of morons and their latest albums have been pretty generic and "cookie-cutter" in my opinion, in regards to good metal. But their first album had a few good songs that are worth listening to.

By the way, was their anything to the claims that Dimbag stole riffs from other players?

Started off as a bass player...yeah, I respect just about any on who has the balls to create music and face criticism for doing such. I'm picky about the funk, but LOVE IT when it is done right.

When it comes to music, I love the old saying...
Sometimes cheese is Velveeta, sometimes it is brie. Both can be enjoyed however.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well OP, you have certainly started something, but I'm not quite sure what. Some of today's top bands are mindboggling boring with dodgy political karma..I don't like that so much. On the other hand many of todays bands are really entertaining and talented as musicians, you may never hear of or see them because of the way things have moved on in mainstream media which is mostly..not much to do with pretty much anything..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Peter, Paul and Mary drive me absolutely insane. Seriously, what kind of garbage is that?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin - The all time crappiest band, ever, in the history of history. Page and Plant are godawful.

The Doors - Frigging awful organ sounds, sounds like a evil circus. Jim Morrison also sucks and so do his lyrics.

Greatful Dead - Can't get any more boring than this unless it's as album of cat screeching.

Fleetwood Mac Mk. 2 - Buckingham sucks balls and Stevie Nicks sounds like a goat.

Motley Crue - Do I really have to say ANYTHING?

Aerosmith - Not a bad band when they were a fighting and strung out. Not great, either. Once they became corporate, they also sucked balls.

Sublime - Please, just kill me if I ever have to listen to this ska drivel ever again.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Not even a rock band. They have less balls than Lady Gaga.

Metallica - Used to be good. Used to be. Not anymore, not for a long, long time. Saw them with Cliff and three time on ...AJFA, including the Monsters of Rock in L.A. Then they decided to make money instead of write decent music. Sellouts.

For the Rush haters - I dare you to watch Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage and come away with the same attitude you have now. Go ahead, knock the battery off my shoulder, I dare you.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I gotta say I never did like the Grateful Dead.

Not really annoying, just supremely boring

heh. I was a dead head in the 80s and 90s and man I gotta tell you, you are wrong on this. They were absolutely atrocious. I mean they sounded good while I was there but mud looked really cool at the time too. There is tons of tapes to prove it. I sometimes use the Dead as an example that thousands of people can hallucinate the same thing all at once. I mean shows I was at that I thought were fantastic along with, oh, 30,000 others... I hear the same show released years later on one of their 5000 live recordings and Im like, what the hell? I still listen to their live stuff once in a while just to remind myself to stay away from certain substances.

The Beatles couldn't even play. They were probably even worse then the Dead as a band.

edit on 14-10-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

edit on 10/15/14 by armed10peasant because: double

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nickelback.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Nickelback.

Don't mention them, they may hear you and come back.

+10 for dream theatre too..... just like Rush, friends go on and on and on about them, so i try them every now and again and it's still a nope.

I've been trying Rush every few years for about 25-30 years out of respect for friends. I should really just tell them to shut up.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
im seeing people feel the same way i do about a lot of the same bands...

nickleback....not usually into this stadium pop/rock anyway

spanish archer you will love this but i cant stand dio.
never could.
i cant stand his voice. i dont think people think he is so awesome. watching his music videos for what? to see some italian dude that barely cracks 5 feet slay dragons with his excalibur while unicorns fly around in the background...hahaha

i agree on the doors as well.. never did understand the big deal about them.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Led Zeppelin - The all time crappiest band, ever, in the history of history. Page and Plant are godawful.

The Doors - Frigging awful organ sounds, sounds like a evil circus. Jim Morrison also sucks and so do his lyrics.

Greatful Dead - Can't get any more boring than this unless it's as album of cat screeching.

Fleetwood Mac Mk. 2 - Buckingham sucks balls and Stevie Nicks sounds like a goat.

Motley Crue - Do I really have to say ANYTHING?

Aerosmith - Not a bad band when they were a fighting and strung out. Not great, either. Once they became corporate, they also sucked balls.

Sublime - Please, just kill me if I ever have to listen to this ska drivel ever again.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Not even a rock band. They have less balls than Lady Gaga.

Metallica - Used to be good. Used to be. Not anymore, not for a long, long time. Saw them with Cliff and three time on ...AJFA, including the Monsters of Rock in L.A. Then they decided to make money instead of write decent music. Sellouts.

For the Rush haters - I dare you to watch Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage and come away with the same attitude you have now. Go ahead, knock the battery off my shoulder, I dare you.

You can't say Jimmy Page and Plant were awful. Zep might not be your style but Jimmy Page was the greatest Rock n Roll guitarist of all time. A true innovative musician, of course you need to know a thing or two about playing music before you can make such statements.

Now you wanna talk awful... We can talk about Rush

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

You sir/ma'am are clueless.

Watch him perform (sing and play piano) unchained melody just before his death. He was a super talented singer and musician.

Led Zeppelin is one i could do without. They just stole other bands music including atairway. Van Halen is in there too.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics

Jimmy Page was the greatest Rock n Roll guitarist of all time. A true innovative musician, of course you need to know a thing or two about playing music before you can make such statements.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

How can he be considered the greatest? He ripped off all his riffs. He even stole stairway to heaven.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Led Zeppelin . They just stole other bands music including stairway.

please back this up sir?

you talking the music to it or the lyrics??

edit*

youre talking about taurus...

yeah, there is a resemblance there

edit on 15-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Your list is similar to mine. When I was in a band we joked that sublime and red hot chili peppers were music for pwople who didnt really like music.

There is a big BUT though. John Frusciante, RHCP guitar player is probably one of the greatest guitar players of all time and his solo projects are amazing.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

The music. Everyone knows this. They are constantly being sued.

It's WIDELY known. Look up led zeppelin plagiarism part 1 on youtube and see the old blues artists they ripped. As for Stairway to Heaven they stole it from a song called Taurus by Spirit.
edit on 15-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join