It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Christian stereotyping of Islam is at best, ignorant, and more likely hypocritical and bigot

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

again one night as I began to open just the cover of a Gideon New Testament an audible invisible voice said "I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish"

and again would you like to see all the prophetic scriptures saying the same?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Can you tell Jesus in your next prayer to talk to me too? If Jesus talks to me directly I'll be on your side in a heartbeat.

No. I've seen enough scripture quoting for a lifetime. I spent most of my childhood doing the readings at Church. I was the church education directors prize student.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

Weird your bible was written in 1899.

"Gideons International is an evangelical Christian organization founded 1899 in Janesville, Wisconsin. The Gideons' primary activity is distributing copies of the Bible free of charge."

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Isn't any Muslim going to tackle the issue of the punishment for apostasy?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Re living history is not the solution nor an excuse for torture and murder today.

Who says its is?

I certainly don't think it is but your political leaders of your country, mine of my country and leaders of groups like ISIS certainly certainly think it is.

You have revealed your true nature and you are one sick puppy.

how so?

Better yet no need to explain your ignorance.

You nor your sick friends need a general to play chess. You need a doctor or perhaps a mortician but certainly not a chess board.

You need a break from ATS and maybe turn of your TV for a while because you are reading way too deep into things that you completely miss the simple message being portrayed.

I don't play chess anymore

read into that any way you like, keep in mind to you I am one sick puppy

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

How could the moderate Muslims suddenly evaporate from existence at the invasion of terrorists numbering just 6,000 warriors?

The news coming from Mosul is troubling. All too many former neighbors of Christians have shown sad deeper allegiance to invaders that they do not know. They were actually helping the terrorists to coerce Christians into denouncing their Christian faith to embrace Islam.sfppr.org...

Context: a dramatic situation for Christians in Iraq

On July 3rd, Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk, Yousif Mirkis, had an interview with the Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) in Iraq; here is part of his interview:
ACN: Your Excellency, do you fear the end of Christianity in Iraq?
Bishop Mirkis: Absolutely. We are in a disappearing process, as it’s already the case for Christians in Turkey, Saudi Arabia and North Africa. And even in Lebanon, where they are becoming a minority.hozana.org...

They Examined 33 countries, citing that most of that persecution today is taking place in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

A startling quote from the study states, “The proportion of countries with a worsening track record of anti-Christian violence and intimidation would be higher were it not for the fact that in many cases the situation could scarcely have been worse in the first place.”rescuechristians.org...

One of the most important facts in the news today comes from a photo of a young boy proudly holding severed head, tweeted by terrorist and ISIS member Khaled Sharrouf.

The photo was tweeted out with words “Thats my boy!” www.glennbeck.com...

Actual And Literal Islamic Human Slaughterhouses For Christians Discovered

by Ted on March 17, 2014 in General
EXCLUSIVE
shoebat.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just took Shahada January first and am glad I did. Muslims pay better honor to Jesus than Christians. Most christians follow false prophet Saul the Pharisee.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Well it would seem that your study is limited to mainstream news waffle

You demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the last one thousand years or more of Islam, it's conquests, fights and destructions. You also demonstrate a lack of understanding regarding how minorities of any kind behave, in general, and how this all changes when they are not minorities.

Your comments about the west occupying the middle,east for hundreds of years is just total nonsense when in fact the Ottoman Empire was in control from the 1200s to the early 20th century. Which, coincidently they did in large swaths of Africa and Southern Europe. Well up until around the 1700s

Regards

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: drevill
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Well it would seem that your study is limited to mainstream news waffle

You demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the last one thousand years or more of Islam, it's conquests, fights and destructions. You also demonstrate a lack of understanding regarding how minorities of any kind behave, in general, and how this all changes when they are not minorities.

Your comments about the west occupying the middle,east for hundreds of years is just total nonsense when in fact the Ottoman Empire was in control from the 1200s to the early 20th century. Which, coincidently they did in large swaths of Africa and Southern Europe. Well up until around the 1700s

Regards

It appears that you lack a real education on the history of the west. Your own post is hypocritical.

Without any doubt over the past 500 years or so the greatest aggressors, empire-builders, and colonialists have been countries with largely Christian populations and beliefs. This is factual and demonstrable.

Yes there are aggressive Muslims and a history such as you say with Ottomans.

However, you have to be lying to yourself to state that the west hasn't been interfering with and controlling the ME mostly for the last 1-200 years. This is factual and demonstrable. Who do you think chopped up and created some of the modern states like Iraq? The British. Are any of these countries occupying any of our countries? NO, we are occupying or putting troops there.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join