It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loyal Order of Moose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

I was a member of The Moose Lodge for a couple months. I only went a few times and it was boring.
It's old folks who have nothing better to do than sit and drink all day, maybe have a cook out on the weekend or a dance, invite the public and make a bit of money.
Mostly, it's old people hangin' out and drinking. All. Day. Long.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There's also the Fraternal Order of Eagles and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows among others. Just clubs usually with a community service or charitable component. Remember how when you were a kid you'd build a fort or a treehouse and it became a "club house"? Same thing, only for adults.

Back before Facebook and Internet forums, people used to go out in public and congregate. If you do that in real public places often enough, you soon find there is a certain percentage of people with whom you'd prefer to not associate even at your favorite hangout. So you join a club, where the association can be a little more selective, and if someone's a real pain, you can exclude them.

So you get together and have meetings and decide to do fund raisers and whatnot for community causes, and also get hammered on cheap booze.

Win-win.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
LOOM has all but died out in my region. A HS friend was a member, but left due to his complaint of mis-management. The Lodge built a new meeting house that they couldn't afford, and was 90+% the high end of Senior Citizen age group with little to no new young members coming in.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
LOOM has all but died out in my region. A HS friend was a member, but left due to his complaint of mis-management. The Lodge built a new meeting house that they couldn't afford, and was 90+% the high end of Senior Citizen age group with little to no new young members coming in.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Funny that nobody mentioned the orphanage (Chicago) and senior citizens home (Orange Park, FL.) that they support.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Funny that nobody mentioned the orphanage (Chicago) and senior citizens home (Orange Park, FL.) that they support.

I'm aware of them - Mooseheart (the orphanage?) and Moosehaven (retirement village?). Back when the local lodge was starting, my dad got some promotional literature about the Order and its activities. He never joined, but I know a few of his contemporaries did, as did my HS friend years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join