It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gay Marriage Politics are Making Some Politicians Lose Their Minds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Can you give specifics? How does gay people getting married affect Christianity at all?

I've already addressed that in several exchanges with you and every other poster in this thread in the past. The fact that you're asking me to explain myself yet again only goes to show that nothing I said sunk in then, and nothing I say now will sink in either. So I think I'll pass on providing you guys with another 50 page star farm this time around.

Obviously, you haven't provided a satisfactory answer.

But, here's one of your past posts --- just so everyone does knows exactly where you stand on homosexuality:

Practicing homosexuals can't be practicing Christians anymore than practicing murderers, or practicing liars, or practicing heretics. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-10-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Again. All humans are equal. To think otherwise is to feel that you are superior. We know that isn't good. That's what the Nazi's thought. It's only when we can live and let live and realize this that we can live in peace. It's only when we can let go of ancient texts like the Torah, Koran and the Bible and evolve mentally as a species that we can live in peace. We know those texts are false. We know that all humans are equal.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I've already addressed that in several exchanges with you and every other poster in this thread in the past.

I don't think so. I don't remember having this discussion with you at all, in fact. NO ONE has given specifics on how marriage equality hurts traditional marriage or Christianity. I think you just don't have an answer, so you're blowing me off.

In my post, I quoted an article about people who allude to their reasoning, arguing by implication, but won't discuss it outright and I think that's what you're doing here. Refusing to discuss it because:

They’re so afraid of being called “bigots” that they refuse to make their arguments openly, instead just gesturing at them and hoping people get the hint. The problem with arguing by implication, however, is people have to know what you’re implying. But the real argument for why same-sex marriage supposedly hurts straight marriage is so rarely uttered that people legitimately forget what the argument was.

Source

Your position that homosexuality "is being used as a weapon to tear down Christianity" relies on bigotry. You have NOT made your argument. You're simply avoiding explaining yourself because there is no argument for your position.
edit on 10/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's fair. But sometimes there are just those issues where there is a CLEAR right and wrong side and this is one of them. Around election time and the time leading up to the implementation of Obamacare, my posts were largely right wing since, but currently social issues such as this, marijuana legalization, and other socially liberal ideals are gaining headlines and I sound more left wing. Its just kind of the ebb and flow of moderate politics.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join