It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten 5-Year old Forced to Sign Contract not to Kill Anybody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
a reply to: xuenchen

so drawing and pretending as well as using their imagination is frowned upon.
i thought that stuff encouraged.
i guess its all still cool as long is it is school approved.

i wonder what happens when they see a kid eating the glue....contract not to do drugs?

Paste is THE gateway drug.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Unless Alabama is out there, a 5 you old minor would not be able to legally enter into contract.

What I find strange is that the school system, the educators, don't know this. It could just be a terror tactic toward a child but I some what doubt the child would understand the whole concept.

i doubt the legality of the contract was even a question.
its pretty obvious a 5 year old cant enter into a contract.

even if they could im thinking for it to be binding it would have to be notarized and filed at city records.

maybe it was binding within the walls of the classroom

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

tell me about it.
elmers ruined my life.

had my first line of paste in school when i was 5...by 6 i was doing tony montana sized mountains of yayo.
in and out of rehab from the time i was 7 until i was 9.
stayed clean for a bit but when i was almost 11 i fell in with a bad crowd.
the sizzurp would flow like wine in our tree house fort.
by 13 i was a twice recovered addict.

if only one of my teachers would have made me sign a contract. that probably would have put me on the correct path.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Anybody ever notice the similarity of the words ideology and idiot?

Idiotology:
The political drive to socially condition another person into something that would never survive in nature.

Pew! Pew!
edit on 13-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ha, how stupid! She can still fire crayons at their knee caps, the contract doesn't mention disfiguring.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
While this story is horribly stupid and unnecessary, lets get a few other things in perspective.

This was not a binding business contract and getting all het up about that is pointless.

It is a behaviour contract commonly used when dealing with challenging behaviour in teens.

This means that it is a written agreement to change one's behaviour in a certain environment, and out lines what the student is expected to do, how the organisation will provide support to enable this change, and what further support, or sanctions will be in place should targets not be met. It's typical intent is to ensure understanding and clarity.

They are very poorly named of course and should be described as "behavioural support agreements", and are very useful with older children, I have used them many times.

The circumstances here though are just so far from appropriate that it's ridiculous in a multi faceted manner.

Apologies for being all rational and stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Apologies for being all rational and stuff.

No excuse.
Sign this contract.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Ban Crayons - simple.

Create a crayon owners database and have all owners of crayons register their crayons.

Paranoid has a new owner, un-truckin believable!!!!

When you criminalise crayons, only criminals will be able to draw rainbows and unicorns!

Show of hands, is everyone sick and tired of the weasely-PC-progressive-weenie-sissification yet?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I'm five and don't have a regular signature yet, can I draw a crap picture of a doggie instead and then leak snot all over it?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Does anybody know a 5yo that even understands the concept of a contract? I don't.

Neither do I. Developmentally speaking, she cannot understand the nuanced implication of a contractual agreement. It doesn't matter how many times the grownups explain it to her.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Well lets be honest here, it depends on the nature of the agreement.

I will try my hardest to do what the teacher asks me to do in class.

I will try my hardest not to talk when the teacher is talking.

If I feel my self starting to get angry I will tell the teaching assistant, who will help me to calm down again.

The school will make sure my class always has a teaching assistant/learning support worker.

The school will provide a support worker at break times to stop other children making fun of me at break times.

If my teacher thinks my behaviour in class has not improved by next Friday, I will not be allowed to attend dance practice on that day.

This would be an example of what is in a simple behavioural contract, if anyone even cares.

ETA: we make verbal contracts with our kids all the time... anyway, please continue with your exasperation everyone

edit on 13-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Basically, it is stupid, all around...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Basically, it is stupid, all around...

youre 100% correct.
i didnt mean to imply that it was anything else

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I blame video games, they keep saying no more qq and more pew pew /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I keep telling the mods that we need a forum called:

BAT$417 CRAZY

(best Stewie impression I can muster)

Or a weekly webcast news show that highlights the insanity of our modern civilization?

(voice gradually increasing in pitch) One with a similar title as what you've just suggested?

Perhaps hosted by an alternative-looking but rational and eloquent speaker?

Perhaps accompanied by a graphical gauge to illustrate the relative level of this insanity?

And maybe some things are so insane their insanity is... next... level...?

(normal Stewie voice) GET JOE. #NLBS

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This child is a danger to others and obviously a public menace! I'm so glad the state stepped in and put this contract in place. I'm sure this is probably just me being a concerned citizen, but I bet if we looked closer into this incident, we would find that this criminal was using a crayon magazine with at least 24 crayons in it. All these thugs use assault style crayon magazines.

YOU DON'T NEED 24 CRAYONS.

BAN ASSAULT CRAYOLAS.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I was once involved in the case of a small child that screamed "I'll kill all of you" to his bullies.
It is difficult to assess a child for disturbed mental status, and it is difficult to predict future behavior.
But nobody is going to take that responsibility lightly, because kids are known to commit serious crimes too.
Banal as this case may seem, I can appreciate that the USA's litigation culture would result in ridiculous things as forcing a child to sign that it means no harm.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Sometimes I just want to open my palm, pull my hand way, way back and bitch slap some people. I'd hate to see what these idiots would do back in the 80's when my friends and I brought realistic looking toy guns into school. We'd often shoot and "kill" each other on the playground during recess too... Boy, I bet you Reagan would get an ear full!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: intrepid
Does anybody know a 5yo that even understands the concept of a contract? I don't.

Does anybody know a professional accountant that understands the US Tax Code? I don't.

That doesn't stop them from "enforcing" it.

do kids that young understand the concept of death?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

so drawing and pretending as well as using their imagination is frowned upon.
i thought that stuff encouraged.
i guess its all still cool as long is it is school approved.

i wonder what happens when they see a kid eating the glue....contract not to do drugs?

I disagree. Mr Sketchy scented markers are the gateway drug and the root of all evil..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join