It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: A Looming Battle Over Immigration Policy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Intelligence Reorganization Bill, which is expected to have a vote in Senate today, has some provisions which directly address tightening the borders. Those provisions include completion of a fence on the Mexico/California border as well as increasing the number of border patrol and immigration enforcement agents.

Wisconsin Republican Rep. James Sensenbrenner wants even stronger language added which would prohibit illegal immigrants from obtaining drivers' licences.

www.cnn.com
WASHINGTON (CNN) - The House of Representatives met Tuesday to pass the intelligence reorganization bill, thanks to a compromise that satisfied Armed Services Committee Chairman Duncan Hunter, a Republican and one of the main blockers of the bill.

But the passage of this bill leaves important questions about immigration still unanswered.

Despite pressure from President Bush, the bill's other main opponent, Wisconsin Republican Rep. James Sensenbrenner voted against the measure. While the bill does contain some provisions to tighten the borders, such as increasing the number of border patrol and immigration enforcement agents, Sensenbrenner wanted to add still tougher language -- prohibiting illegal immigrants from obtaining drivers' licenses.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's about time that the lax immigration policies are being addressed. Not only is it too easy to gain access to US soil from either of our borders, it is ludicrous as to the rights these "illegal aliens" have after getting here.

An illegal alien getting a valid Drivers License. How is this even possible?

The time to address these issues is now, not next month, not next year. Hollow promises of future consideration are just that -- hollow promises.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude

Easy, superdude. First, you bring over an armed fleet, colonize the country and defeat the inhabitants by use of biological weapons, subterfuge and superior firepower. Then you decimate the survivors, marginalize them, and build freeways everywhere. When you go in to get a driver's liscense, no problem. See how it works? BTW I am a Native American (Indian).

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The argument for a driver's license is rising insurance costs. If an illegal alien hits you, you can't get anything from him, and it raises insurance costs. If he has a license, insurance, then it will keep costs down. Who does a license hurt? It's not given away free, the illegal would have to pay for it. Also, it's a good tool in law enforcement.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by superdude

Easy, superdude. First, you bring over an armed fleet, colonize the country and defeat the inhabitants by use of biological weapons, subterfuge and superior firepower. Then you decimate the survivors, marginalize them, and build freeways everywhere. When you go in to get a driver's liscense, no problem. See how it works? BTW I am a Native American (Indian).

Is there even a such thing as a Native American as a illegal alien in the US? Im pretty sure he is talking about illegal aliens mainly from Mexico millions of them.

I dont know what Native Americans have to do with this issue.

[edit on 8-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Shadow.
He is right. Native Americans exist in all 3 countries involved.

Chak.
What is not being addressed is that the Native Americans born and living here or *legally* immigrated are fine as they are. It's the folks hopping the border into or out of without documentation that are causing problems.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
IT has got to the point where we are considered non-citizens in our own country(two ID , sometimes 3 ;slaps in the face when trying to aquire normal benefits :unemployment , SS ;being put in barbwire when protesting and being thrown in jail for simply questioning authority).

Illegal foreigners come here and are treated like kings .

I remember a time when you could state you were born here and that was it. Birth certificate was all that was needed.

Now you have to fight and wait for everything. It is sad that they are shorning away everything from those who built this country.

Soldiers paying for their own care. Congressmen being threatened w/ the police for arguing w/ their fellow congressmen. Cavity searches at airports. church women put in jail for filling parking meters. The list is endless..........

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
Shadow.
He is right. Native Americans exist in all 3 countries involved.

I understand that but if you are a Native American that was born in say Mexico thats your country you dont have free roam over the whole of North America.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Whoa there partner. Your point is noted, however WAY out of context here. Having Native American blood flowing through my veins myself - I am 1/4 Cherokee - I understand prejudice. That however is not the purpose of this thread. How ANYONE - including a full blooded Native American, might get a valid drivers license while not being an actual US citizen. Sorry, I'm not here to be politically correct. If you are not a US citizen, then you are not entitled to the benefits that the REAL US citizens contribute to. Period.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Illegal foreigners come here and are treated like kings .

By whom ?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by aSEEKER

By whom ?

By everyone!

Seeing how we don't have a bounty on them for being the criminals they are.

They've had 4 amnesties of 5 million illegal immigrants each pass congress .

Now they want to do another one , but they believe there may be as many as 10 million (mostly mexican) illegals that could use amnesty.

I say it should be open season on 'em.

Bush wants to let 5 million a year come in for supposed temp employment.

All that would happen is, they'd scatter and disappear into the sizable mex society we already have here.

If I wanted to live in a mex society , I'd just move to Mexico.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hell , why don't we just make Mexico a state of the union.

That would make it easier for the other central and south Americans to get here faster.

The 320 million of them wouldn't overrun our systems. Naw, they'd be welcome guests as long as they don't try to pay for anything. I like to hear how they rely on taxpayer hand outs , send money out of country, and promote the drug trade. It does my heart good to hear how not only are the rich pulling the legs out from under us, but they'll have the help of the poorest group the rich can find to help the rich do the job of finishing off our way of life.

[edit on 12/9/2004 by bodebliss]

top topics

join