It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20,000 students return to Britain from Ebola-hit countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
With a new term due to start at University soon and with the U.K being a popular spot for so many foreign students to come especially from Africa what could possibly go wrong .

About 20,000 students from West African countries affected by Ebola are studying at British universities,

www.dailymail.co.uk... -start-term.html

The countries safety is being put at risk over the money these students bring in and any benefit that brings will quickly be wiped out if even one case emerges from this fiasco yet to unfold , should we ban all travel from/ to any infected nation

What do you think ats but notice there is no mention of 1 hour tests here

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm sure it will be fine... after all, college students never touch one another, breathe on one another, share cups, slices of pizza or genitalia, and don't live in crowded conditions sharing toilets, showers and beds, right?

There's only a couple hundred people in every given lecture hall, moving to new locations in crowds every hour or two, and being stuck on campus for the most part.

Yes, yes. I'm sure it will be fine. Pass everyone a beer.

And easy to quarantine the whole campus if things go wrong. Have you noticed any heavy earth moving equipment around town lately? You know, the kind they dig large ditches with....?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes, we should ban travel, but money makes the World go around, so I don't think they will.

What's a few deaths compared to the millions going into the economy?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
While not in the UK, it's still personally concerning for me in particular because I live in the area of two universities, one just under 5 miles from me are expecting students to return very soon. Many of them are new or returning students from international countries. If not by country/area associations, plane traveling itself can be risky.

Concerning for other areas as well, being if that many in the UK, how many out here? Or even other places?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Are they bringing ultraviolet germ killer lights ?

I hear those actually work.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I think this could easy turn into a zombie movie set rather quickly with the size of some universities in the U.K 40.000 are in some unis and it could sweep the country real easy the way us Brits are crammed in per sq km .

great post bud

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

If they think the National Health Service is under pressure now wait until this kicks in as the Ebola virus takes 3 weeks to show up

edit on 12/10/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
With a new term due to start at University soon and with the U.K being a popular spot for so many foreign students to come especially from Africa what could possibly go wrong .

About 20,000 students from West African countries affected by Ebola are studying at British universities,

www.dailymail.co.uk... -start-term.html

The countries safety is being put at risk over the money these students bring in and any benefit that brings will quickly be wiped out if even one case emerges from this fiasco yet to unfold , should we ban all travel from/ to any infected nation

What do you think ats but notice there is no mention of 1 hour tests here

Uh Oh, I guess the nice lady, (Mrs 'handful of cases') on the BBC version of the telly forgot about students whose predispostion is normally headaches, vomiting and diarrhoea in no particular order.
These teens could cock-up/clog-up the whole preparedness scenario by just being relatively healthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I had not thought about all the students coming here until i looked through the paper online , and as you noted not one word from the BBC etc on this , will money be safe to handle next all those rolling up notes sticking them in their noses might be in for a fright .

Still think this is dodgy as they are calling for the planet to be vaccinated ? and how the government bought up all the railway sleepers months before the foot and mouth scare years ago allowing them to cull all the animals and give the new herd injections

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
and yet.. they are still allowed to travel out of that continent.
I am past the stage of amazement and now in belief this is being orchestrated.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My mind is just totally blown away over how things are happening.

Common sense, a long lost forgotten art form. Does anyone have any, anymore........We are all screwed......

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I'm sure it will be fine... after all, college students never touch one another, breathe on one another, share cups, slices of pizza or genitalia, and don't live in crowded conditions sharing toilets, showers and beds, right?

There's only a couple hundred people in every given lecture hall, moving to new locations in crowds every hour or two, and being stuck on campus for the most part.

Yes, yes. I'm sure it will be fine. Pass everyone a beer.

And easy to quarantine the whole campus if things go wrong. Have you noticed any heavy earth moving equipment around town lately? You know, the kind they dig large ditches with....?

I'm sure the king and queen have got this under control. I'm sure the king and queen would gladly help it's citizen's. They did before. RIGHT?
I'm sure the king and queen would gladly fork out the cash to clean it up and help it's citizens in need. RIGHT? No worries there. The citizens love their king and queen.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

It seems a big false flag is being unfolded in front of people and they are too distracted with all the fighting in the Middle East and thinking about their health to notice all the tom fullery that is going on about them

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I am just dumfounded, that our President, will not stop air travel, they are sending students there, I can care less about ISIS, or ISIL, or what ever in the hell their name is this week. I say put all them bastards in one country, then bomb the damn thing, problem solved. they want to be martyred, there ya go.

I try not to over think things, but this Ebola thing, well, it needs to be, by TPTB, I really don't think, if there is an outbreak, The gov't is gonna save everyone? they are gonna go to the caves they got til it all blows over, but, if I were them I'd be very hesitant about coming out, there will be A LOT of PI$$ED off people waiting for them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It seems a big false flag is being unfolded in front of people and they are too distracted with all the fighting in the Middle East and thinking about their health to notice all the tom fullery that is going on about them

Oh dooo telllllll, good ole chap.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I had not thought about all the students coming here until i looked through the paper online , and as you noted not one word from the BBC etc on this , will money be safe to handle next all those rolling up notes sticking them in their noses might be in for a fright .

Still think this is dodgy as they are calling for the planet to be vaccinated ? and how the government bought up all the railway sleepers months before the foot and mouth scare years ago allowing them to cull all the animals and give the new herd injections

So ole chap, i guess you will have to be careful of the notes that were stuck in noses. Better off if u get the chip aye and don't forget to vaccinate.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Oh feck it's all dodgy alright, as dodgy as the Mail it'self is. The Times has made the same report, with the caveat that everybody is on standby and ready and waiting...yet this particular scenario was not enlarged upon in TV news, and yet there is no way that anywhere central is prepared for a possible influx of thousands of possible carriers all in one go.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Many countries are kicking out the red cross because they suspect the vaccinations they were giving caused this outbreak : If Ebola really was spread from person to person, instead of controlled spread through vaccination - then WHY would the CDC and the US Government continue to allow flights in and out of these countries with absolutely no regulation, one does wonder at why the British government also allows this to go on but if anyone tries to stick a needle in me their health will suffer not mine

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Didn't the British government announce yesterday that they are only expecting the UK to get a handful of Ebola cases ?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

Maybe it is something in the vaccine like a time bomb waiting to explode in your blood - it is a conspiracy mee thinks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join