It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people believe there's a future on Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It amazes me how people think there are political solutions to this mess. People actually want to have children, another thing that amazes me. To me this place is finished. There's no hope of a political solution of any kind. This is going nowhere but down. We are a virus. If there is any hope it's not in the material plane. Anyone who wants children must be blind.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

Oh, don't say that about having children. It just freaks out people who have them if they believe you. Its all about joy, can you find it in the status quo? (edit) also, I remember hearing gurus say that the souls who incarnate at a certain time are souls that are right for that time, who can handle it. So yes, there's big challenges coming around and just after the middle of this century, but its a different type of soul who is going to be born to take them on.

edit on 12-10-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The world has always been a mess. It's nothing new, yet here we still are after 400,000 years.
I think self inflicted adversity is a necessary component to our continued advancement.

War has led to all our largest technological leaps.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
War and strife are not new, since forever people think they are living in the end times. So far they have been wrong, no reason to think this is any different (we've survived plagues and wars since we started civilization).

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah but I still think that anyone who wants children must not have suffered a lot, anyone who loves anyone also.
edit on 591031Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:59:20 -0500201420pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-12T15:59:20-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well, children, they are so darn cute. I for one would fight and die for them if need be.

If I had lost all hope, however, I would not be able to see it in them, in their eyes and minds.

Yes, the world is, and has always been, full of horrors. But it is also full of music, and art, and sunsets and wild flowers happened upon where no one else has yet stepped this season. It is full of LIFE and we are part of it, hanging on (foolishly perhaps) to the notion that beauty and harmony can exist, and do exist, and will exist.

In the spirals of galaxy arms to the whorl of sea shells and the ever crashing waves of being, we are. I will not go down lightly, nor will I let go of wonder, love, and hope.

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thats why we are moving to Mars

Which makes me wonder, who is going to be the first to make and have birth to a child outside of Earths atmosphere.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People have been screaming its the end times and no hope is left ever since the dawning of civilization.
Every generation also thinks logically that this time its for real..

so far, batting zero. we have had plagues that wiped out nearly everyone, yet we continue on, rise up bigger than before, voila.

I suspect you are projecting your own life despair onto the global community (if I feel bad, everyone must feel bad)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

A true philosopher is one who, realizing the wisdom of death, resists the inherent urge to reproduce his kind.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Truer words have never been spoken.

"Ignorance is bliss"
edit on 031031Sun, 12 Oct 2014 16:03:41 -0500201441pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-12T16:03:41-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
It amazes me how people think there are political solutions to this mess. People actually want to have children, another thing that amazes me. To me this place is finished. There's no hope of a political solution of any kind. This is going nowhere but down. We are a virus. If there is any hope it's not in the material plane. Anyone who wants children must be blind.

There is hope and everything will go on. maybe not as it is now but it will go on.

The planet will continue to putter on with life on it until the Sun goes super nova someday or burns out then it will die along with everything on it.

Till then everything will survive in spite of humans who have depression and no will to live. Just because you feel the way you do don't mean there aren't Billions who believe differently.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yeah but I still think that anyone who wants children must not have suffered a lot, anyone who loves anyone also.

Your probably right, you are the only one who has suffered loss in this world....Why would you think such an absurd thing?

Everybody suffers loss, pain, depression and has bad stretches in their life. Most just move on and keep living.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Maybe they haven't. But then some folks have had way more than their fair share of hardships. The point is that we still have to try to make the world a better place. I will never give up trying. If you want a better life, you have to be proactive. If a squirrel doesn't save during the summer, he won't make it through the winter. We make the world a better place by doing whatever it takes to make it that way.

Besides, i'd say we are well on our way compared to what it was like a hundred years ago. The world is a much better place now than it was then.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

We obviously agree on more than bad boys, because I could not agree with you more here.

The world has always been full of hate and evil, to counter that we have innocence, beauty, and the hope that one day... It will be just a little bit better.

We all choose the truth we want to live and it has nothing to do with ignorance. It has everything to do with what is in one's heart and spirit. I see more good in this world than bad. I see many who can not seem to weigh the good and the bad with anything other than a jaded eye and a jaded heart. Perception is reality.

There is much beauty left in this world. There is much innocence, purity, and heart left as well. We are inundated with pictures, news, and people all telling us differently because the beauty does not draw the shock and awe that the evil does.

Today, there are people fighting the good fight, there are people helping others while wanting nothing in return, there are people who are bringing children into this world in hopes of making it an even better place in the future.

That isn't ignorance. That is reality. You just have to look to see it. The news isn't going to knock on your door and tell you the good news headlines of the day. But they'll damn sure take over your tv with all of the vile headlines that have crossed their desks in the last 24 hours. Look further than them to see the truth.

When hope is lost, everything is lost. I hope that one day... You can find your hope again. Nobody deserves to live in a place where they can only see evil and death with no hope on the horizon. That is an awful way to exist.

edit on 10/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Angst.

Looks like someone has some.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah, make fun of the OP's viewpoint. That's a sure winner.

Most people see the world through those rose-colored glasses. Bread and circuses.

At least someone is awake around here.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'd have to say that I believe there are several -- perhaps an infinite amount -- of futures on Earth. I'd also guess that a declining amount of them have humans in them, and even fewer possibilities that contain humans that resemble us.

We have really screwed up the planet, but I believe the planet will survive. I've said for a long time that what humanity needs is a decent predator. Turns out that we pretty much fulfilled that function ourselves.

Objectively, it probably isn't good for the planet that we survive. I hope we do, but it's gonna take a fur bit of paradigm shift.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Yeah, make fun of the OP's viewpoint. That's a sure winner.

Most people see the world through those rose-colored glasses. Bread and circuses.

At least someone is awake around here.

The OP is entitled to his opinion.

Shouldn't we be entitled to ours?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This planet has been around for billions of years. Our present civilisation as we know it, has only been around for less than 100 years (industrial revolution, world wars). The mega-cities may have become hellholes, but outside of those places, life continues as normal.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
People have children,
so that they can grow up and wonder why people have children.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
People have children,
so that they can grow up and wonder why people have children.

I think people have children for the greediest of reasons. They want someone to take care of them in their old age. Either that or they have no concept of birth control.

We do not need more people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join