It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In regard's to how the Eric Frein manhunt is being driven.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Good afternoon, I am here today to pose a very simple question. Which hopefully will show you a social issue that divide's us versus them.

If I was killed would the police spend as much time and effort looking for my killer, as they have spent looking for the suspect Eric Frein, supposed shooter of State Police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and Trooper Alex Douglass?

Let this sink in for a minute, I by no means am a mathematician however I would gander they have spent over a million dollar's furthering this investigation to date. I wouldn't imagine they would even continue looking for my killer after a month, they would call it a cold case and toss it in some file, perhaps I am wrong and the member's of my immediate family wouldn't rest until something happened. Or a good officer who actually does his/her job would take it seriously sort of like the star of the new series Gotham. Which sadly I doubt.

What I hope to shed light on here is the fact that, if it was you, would anyone put up such a fight, but since they were attacked (the elite's enforcers) they have to come down like a nuclear bomb and disrupt everyone's life, just like the mob would back in the day, to make an example of anyone who would even fathom standing up to their machine. The police force does have a few good seed's however most of them are just cop's (criminal's of permission) the largest and most deadly gang in America.

Food for thought

Link to Faux New's Cancelling halloween
edit on 12-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: Link to disruptions

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think it is fairly obvious that they would not go to the same lengths for a non-cop. All one needs to do is look at the (as you mentioned) many cold-cases. The evidence is already abundant that they do not. I do not expect this to change any time soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I thought it was standard practice that anybody who kills a Law Enforcement Officer, will be hunted down mercilessly until said suspect is found dead or alive?

I don't think most cases are tossed into the cold case filing cabinet after a month, but maybe that's the way things are done in the U.S?

Here in the U.K, there will probably a well manned response initially, with officers being removed from the investigation over a period of time. I would say that a case would only become cold, if all avenues taken, lead nowhere, probably after a period of six months plus.

edit on 12/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Which is quite depressing, we are not a part of them. It's so obvious, it's disgusting, and for some reason we still allow this social divide as if it's okay, as if we are all just afraid to speak up, but with all the video's of brutality as of late, I guess it would stupid to stand up and say anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes, this inequity has already been pointed out profusely in the existing thread on the Frein manhunt here, starting with:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All men are created equal, it's just that they are created more equal than you are.

There should be a law against this kind of abuse of power which limits what LE can spend on any one investigation and manhunt. Either do it for all murders, or do it for none.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: iclimbtowers

Just to present the other side... I would say if cop killers were not maniacally hunted down it might lead to more cop killers and less cops.

Which would lead to less law and order... which would lead to someone killing us all easier with less chance of justice.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: iclimbtowers
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Which is quite depressing, we are not a part of them. It's so obvious, it's disgusting, and for some reason we still allow this social divide as if it's okay, as if we are all just afraid to speak up, but with all the video's of brutality as of late, I guess it would stupid to stand up and say anything.

fired over abuse accusations

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You have to look at the big picture anyone willing to crap this is very dangerous and they need to catch him. Cops have a tough job the way it is people who are willing to do these crimes need to be caught and convicted.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

You have to look at the big picture anyone willing to crap this is very dangerous and they need to catch him.

As opposed to a gang of cops that beat someone to death in the middle of a street. They need a vacation.

Cops have a tough job the way it is people who are willing to do these crimes need to be caught and convicted.

As opposed to bankers who rip off the world for trillions of dollars. They need a bailout.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They're a gang and as you said they have to make public examples of anyone who stands up to them. There are good cops but they're outnumbered by the bad ones. Citizens are murdered each day and the efforts are minimal compared to this media circus. S + F

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh, man, did you nail it!

But it goes so much further than that, that I'm surprised you stopped at the police. Protecting the police and catching a cop killer is very expensive. In the interest of saving money and curing divides in our society, we should eliminate the president's protection and get rid of the Secret Service for all cabinet officers. No extra security for Representatives, Senators, or Judges, either.

That way we can all be equal, spend less money and have less disruption in citizens' lives. Just think of how much disruption there is when a president comes into New York, Chicago, or any town for that matter.

The list could go on, but what an idea you've proposed! Be proud.

"Nail" and "proud" are euphemisms.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I missed the nail euphemism, however we could continue on and say Congress should work for us, not at minimum wage but much closer than they are now, no life time salaries for any seat or position, if I don't work I don't get paid. Why should they basically get a free retirement, that money could do great thing's for U.S. Citizen's, properly spent of course, and correct me if I am wrong but don't most politicians come from money, what do they really need a ton more money for.

If I could my goal would be to become a politician, I would of course be assassinated for my attempts at radical change, however the money would be fantastic! Life isn't all about money they sure want us to believe it is.

As for another post up there, If there were less cop's and someone tried to harm my family or even any of my neighbor's they'd be shot and strung up to a light pole, tree, a message saying to all, this guy tried, you don't wanna join him. We have the ability to democratically police ourselves. Perhap's we should it would be much cheaper.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 12-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: Double post

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Dear iclimbtowers,

That's a good point which could use some exploring. I didn't know it but there are several online databases in which you can find the salaries of many federal employees, even by name. That didn't seem too useful, John Boehner and other members of Congress weren't reported there, but they could be found. I just wanted a general feel and found this:

[exx]The Office of Personnel Management reported that as of September 2012, the average salary for a full-time, permanent, non-seasonal position was $78,467. The comparable figure for December 2010 was $76,701.

The median salary — the point at which half are above and half are below — is now $74,714, up from $69,550 in 2010.

Oh, here we go:

Rank-and-File Members:
The current salary (2014) for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $174,000 per year.

Boehner gets about $225,000 and the other leadership of the House and Senate fall somewhere in between.

I'm getting a little fuzzy, so I can't make a sharp point about it. But it seems that if the government took on fewer jobs and had fewer departments, we could make do with fewer employees.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You are correct, there is a double standard, but only because the system requires there to be. The warrior-class, as Plato called them, needs to "think" they mean something more than the average Joe or they will rebel.

The funny thing is, Eric Frein has been on the loose for more than a month now. No one else has died or even been threatened. This means the guy not only is not a danger to the general public and only has a beef with the government, it also means in about 4 months (if he makes it that long) he is off scot-free. Interest is always lost and resources are always funneled elsewhere after 6 months. In 6 months no one will give a damn who he is except for a few stragglers, and this is already the case. The longer this drags on, the less chance the police have of catching him.

new topics

top topics

join