It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Was Alek James Hidell Really and What Did He Have To Do With The JFK Assassination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I was recently researching the JFK assassination and wondered, as most people do, why he would use the alias of Alek J. Hidell. While some may pass this off as simply a random thing, to hide the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald, I just wanted to know if A.J. Hidell was a real person.

The Warren Commission reported that no such person named A.J. Hidell ever existed, but it turns out there was indeed an Alek Hidell in Dallas and New York. Not only that, records indicate that the Hidell name was very prominent in Dallas and in Louisiana. So to claim there could be no one else named that, the Warren Commission didn't really investigate because there were many records available at that time.

So I went to ancestry.com and looked up information on Hidells, and there was quite a bit. For instance, a certain Hidell actually owns a large architectural firm in Dallas. I will now introduce the records of certain Hidells that may have relevance.

1: A. S. (?) Hidell recorded in Border Crossings from Mexico to the United States: this was merely transcribed as A.S. but the handwriting on the record could also be a J. The transcriber merely wrote what they perceived, which happens in quite a lot of records that are transcribed. No surprise that an S and a J could look the same. But what is most interesting about this record is that the person recorded was an "American seaman". Which means this person was a sailor. Why would the border agent record the name of an American sailor just going to Mexico for fun and return through Laredo?

2: An A. Hidell was born in Mexico City. With a city like Dallas, with many Hidells living there, it is no surprise that one might be born in Mexico City, but it is strange that given the fact that A. Hidell was born in Mexico City, then later another A. Hidell would be listed as an American seaman, traveling through Laredo, would be recorded by border patrol agents. We know that Oswald did indeed go to Mexico City and that he had a SELECTIVE SERVICE card with the name Alek J. Hidell. Was this really a fake ID created by a low level gangster?

3: ALEK Hidell was recorded living in New York City from 1993-2002. Had there really been no A.J. Hidell as the Warren Commission claimed, then who was A. Hidell that was born in Mexico City, lived in Dallas and was an American seaman? How did the Warren Commission not pick up on this one when that information was available?

4: The declassified report from the CIA that explicitly stated that Oswald was indeed an agent and carried out assignments for them. Did he do this under Alek Hidell? If he did do this under that alias, then who was Alek Hidell in New York from 1993-2002?

I find it very improbable that the FBI and CIA, that monitored Lee and Marina since they came from the Soviet Union, and the FBI had a list of malcontents in Dallas, and that list included people who were threats and then stated in the Warren Report that these people were seen at the Trade Mart in Dallas, and yet the FBI nor the Dallas police did nothing to remove them at that time? This was in the Warren Report, it is available for viewing.

5: AJ Hidell also lived in Gaithersburg, Maryland, which is a suburb of Washington D.C until 1993. How interesting that A.J. Hidell lives in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

6: But then, A.J. Hidell also lived in New York AND Gaithersburg in 1996.

The Warren Commission said no such person existed, yet in the very places where Oswald traveled, there were indeed A.J. Hidells. Did he choose this name at random? It was claimed that his brother Robert lived in New York, and that is why his mother Marguerite took him there when he was a young boy, but the later JFK Commission by President Clinton, showed evidence that Oswald was in New York as a grown man. Whoever this Hidell was, they were still alive as late as 2002. I find it strange that an alias such as Alek, with records of this person being born in Dallas, New Orleans, Gaithersburg and New York, would still be alive in 2002. Alek isn't such a common name that many people would have it, most generally people would spell it Alec, but this spelling goes back to one man, and its a fake ID on Oswald.

I want to find out who this Alek J. Hidell of Gaithersburg, Maryland and New York really is and if this is the same American seaman born in Mexico City.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
S&F just as a bump and then watch with some popcorn .Best of luck ferreting your info out .

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I really hope our house member Rising Against sees this and puts his two cents in on it. He has done some fantastic research and study from all kinds of directions concerning the JFK assassination. If anyone around here could give you a solid opinion on this, it will be him.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As I recall, all the handwriting analysis of Hidell's/Oswald's handwriting were inconclusive ...that is, they could not say with 100% certainty that Hidell and Oswald were the same guy. I may be mistaken , however, as I don't have my notes in front of me atm.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Alek is also another name for Alexander.

This sounds like a crazy reconstruction of the Confederacy. Apparently a William H. Hidell, same name of architect, was also the secretary for the Vice-President of the Confederacy.

In the list of Oswald's finances constructed by the Warren Commission, one of the payments were made for $2 dues to the American Civil Liberties Union. What is even more confusing is that again, in 1963, the government allowed the issuance of yet another passport to Oswald, AFTER he declared his intentions to visit the Soviet Union. This time he didn't ask for Marina to travel with him. The FBI knew this as well as the CIA.

John F. Kennedy was pro-Civil Rights, however, the many different people involved in this were anti-Civil Rights, even up to Johnson. In fact, Mayor Cabell was a third generation mayor, his father and grandfather were both mayors in Dallas, when Dallas had the highest KKK numbers in the south.

But here's something else, when Martin Luther King Jr. was arrested, at this time when phones were wiretapped, Jacqueline Kennedy called Coretta Scott King. This happened in early 1963. Think about this one, King's phone was wiretapped by the FBI, so the FBI was well-aware that she called.

But how does this relate to Alek Hidell? I don't know yet, but my suspicion is that the assassination has to do with KKK involvement and as Oswald was an agent for the CIA and the government issued the passport in 1963, then he was on to something that maybe he wasn't ready for.

Whomever this Alek Hidell was, he was still in New York in 2002. And that's someone the Warren Commission said didn't exist...and yet there he was.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Alek is a Scandinavian name, and Aleksander is a Russian name, could have to do with his stay in the Soviet Union... maybe he wanted a trustworthy name there? What is the etymology of Hidell, I cant find it... James is bizarre, Russian equivalent would be Yakov (also equivalent for Jacob)

So he did a lot of suspicious things as Alek and denied the existence. It does sound like a case identity

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Alek is a Scandinavian name, and Aleksander is a Russian name, could have to do with his stay in the Soviet Union... maybe he wanted a trustworthy name there? What is the etymology of Hidell, I cant find it... James is bizarre, Russian equivalent would be Yakov (also equivalent for Jacob)

So he did a lot of suspicious things as Alek and denied the existence. It does sound like a case identity

We don't know yet his connection to the Hidells, but the Hidells weren't exactly not known. And the name Alex and Alek shows up in multiple places.

It sounds to me like William H. Hidell III of Dallas is pretty well off, he is an architect following the footsteps of his father, William H. Hidell II, who just happened to be the brother of Alex Hidell. Why would Oswald rip off a name of a very prominent family in Dallas if there were no connections?

Hidell Firm builds YMCA in Liberia

And this Hidell Hardware, isn't just a small hardware store, it sells decorative hardware for architects. This hardware store is just down the street from General Edwin Walker's house.

Strange thing that Oswald would implicate himself in the shooting of Edwin Walker, but Edwin Walker was a flake.

On September 29, 1962 he issued a televised statement:

This is Edwin A. Walker. I am in Mississippi beside Governor Ross Barnett. I call for a national protest against the conspiracy from within. Rally to the cause of freedom in righteous indignation, violent vocal protest, and bitter silence under the flag of Mississippi at the use of Federal troops. This today is a disgrace to the nation in 'dire peril,' a disgrace beyond the capacity of anyone except its enemies. This is the conspiracy of the crucifixion by anti-Christ conspirators of the Supreme Court in their denial of prayer and their betrayal of a nation.[14]

White segregationists from around the state joined students and locals in a violent, 15-hour riot on the campus on September 30, in which two people were killed execution style, hundreds were wounded, and six federal marshals were shot. Walker was arrested on four federal charges, including sedition and insurrection against the United States. He was temporarily held in a mental institution on orders from Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy. RFK demanded that Walker receive a 90-day psychiatric examination.[15]

The attorney general's decision was challenged by noted psychiatrist Thomas Szasz, who insisted that psychiatry must never become a tool of political rivalry. The American Civil Liberties Union joined Szasz in a protest against the attorney general, completing this coalition of liberal and conservative leaders. The attorney general had to back down, and Walker spent only five days in the asylum.[16]

Walker posted bond and returned home to Dallas, where he was greeted by a crowd of some two hundred supporters.[17] After a federal grand jury adjourned in January 1963 without indicting him, the charges were dropped. Because the dismissal of the charges was without prejudice, the charges could have been reinstated within five years.

Walker's friend and supporter was Billy Hargis, who was a member of the John Birch Society. And Billy Hargis was arrested for bombings in Arkansas, but had won the case for lack of evidence. Seven days AFTER this televised speech by Walker was when Oswald apparently bought the rifle that was later claimed he shot Walker with.

Walker was tried for sedition against the US government, but no one questioned his role with Billy Hargis, who was famous for anti-Communist and far right wing preaching. Apparently in 1956, Hoover received a letter from an R.P. Rozelle that mentions a man named Reuther, that Rozelle was concerned enough about to write Hoover with information.

I am now reading the memorandums sent to and from J. Edgar Hoover about Walter Reuther, who was a friend of the Kennedys and not only that, the subject of investigation by Hoover for 40 years. Hoover and Hargis

Hoover seemed to promote Hargis in every letter. Hargis did lose his radio audience in Dallas in early 1961.

Very little connections can be made yet of Oswald to Hidell, but there are faint vibrations coming from the Edwin Walker connection. Edwin Walker lived in Dallas, not far from Hidell Hardware, owned by Dora Hidell, the wife of Alex Hidell.
edit on 10/13/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Another faint vibration, Oswald was in the Domincan Republic the SAME year as Billy Hargis.

Why would these two men who didn't know each other be visiting the same ambassador in the same year? Oswald's visit was covered up by the CIA until later, but Hargis' trip was mentioned to Hoover early on.

This is in the link posted above. Hoover continually states over and over that "Hargis is an anti-Communist "hillbilly" type preacher" but then in one letter commends him as actually teaching the American public more than any other agency about the dangers of Communism. But then Hoover goes on to say to regular people who wrote to him, that the FBI was merely an information gathering agency, nothing more than that. And many letters have names blacked out.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I really appreciate all your sleuthing and reading, as all of this stuff is far before my time. I find it so interesting that the official plaque in commemoration actually says "allegedly" shot Kennedy... I do think Oswald was a patsy and a spook.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I really appreciate all your sleuthing and reading, as all of this stuff is far before my time. I find it so interesting that the official plaque in commemoration actually says "allegedly" shot Kennedy... I do think Oswald was a patsy and a spook.

What really gets me is this, the Warren Commission knew the finances of Oswald? For a man who lived by cash, they seemed to know everything down to the last penny.

In their report they show monthly income and expenses of Oswald. They don't show it week by week, and it makes me wonder then, who was reporting to the FBI and CIA on his expenses? They have his salary listed for months instead of weeks which is really strange because he should have been paid weekly.

For instance - for the month of November his net salary ( for the month) is 104.41, which would be really low if he worked for more than two weeks. In September 1962 they show that Peter Gregory gave him $35 and in October of 1962, they claim he received $5 from George Bouhe.

George Bouhe worked at Chase Manhattan Bank, but also did one of the members of the Warren Commission. But more about that later.

Oswald apparently also paid dues to Crozier Tech High School, which was also known as Dallas High School. What was Oswald, a 24 year-old ex-Marine, already been in the Soviet Union, worked for the CIA and now going to high school? This Dal-Tech building sits downtown on Pearl and Bryant.

When Mr. Bouhe was questioned by the Warren Commission, he indicated that Oswald was a really bad husband to Marina, but that he helped Marina personally with a lot of things and it appears the Russian friends took care of her material needs. That's not saying Oswald shot President Kennedy, it is just saying that Oswald as a young man was a jerk that didn't take care of his wife or child, but the young man was 24 years-old at this time. Whatever marital problems they had, it didn't mean he became an assassin. But according to Bouhe, Oswald didn't like Connally.

Bouhe, Gregory and Mohrenshield were all wealthy people, but they all helped the Oswalds like the Russian community would toward Marina. But here is the strange thing, while it was reported that Oswald applied for a new passport to the Soviet Union, the Warren Commission states it was an "alien registration card". Why then was this NOT found on him?

No, the ID found was of Alek Hidell's SELECTIVE SERVICE card, not the alien registration. And why would he apply for an alien registration if he were an American citizen?

Either he got a selective Service card, an alien registration card or a passport, which neither the latter two were found on him at any time. An alien registration card was known as a Green Card. Nowhere does it say that Marina had applied for it, but Oswald did. So why did they issue a green card to him as an American citizen? At no time does the CIA say that he had renounced his citizenship to become a citizen of the Soviet Union.

Looking at his passport, it was issued in Los Angeles, California. Where does it say that Oswald took a trip to California?

And why would Oswald still have a Department of Defense ID in 1962? Question on this one also, it says he had grey/brown eyes, but the regular description of Oswald is that he had blue eyes. I really think it's kind of strange that the government agency issuing the ID would get his eye color wrong. The man arrested had a Selective Service card and a Marine ID, but no alien registration or passport? Would the real Slim Shady please stand up!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What I have always wondered is.... Is Oswald really dead?

I have a friend who is now passed away tell me months before she passes her and her husband was there when Kennedy was shot. They were eating at a local fast food joint and men in a black car picked up another man who had just gotten off a pay phone. She stated he was nervous and telling someone to hurry.

As an ex school teacher and woman who was wise beyond her years she died believing this man was the shooter.

We will probably never know the true details of that day but I think most people agree Oswald didnt kill JFK. Or at least.... he was set up and or not alone.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

What I have always wondered is.... Is Oswald really dead?

I have a friend who is now passed away tell me months before she passes her and her husband was there when Kennedy was shot. They were eating at a local fast food joint and men in a black car picked up another man who had just gotten off a pay phone. She stated he was nervous and telling someone to hurry.

As an ex school teacher and woman who was wise beyond her years she died believing this man was the shooter.

We will probably never know the true details of that day but I think most people agree Oswald didnt kill JFK. Or at least.... he was set up and or not alone.

They exhumed a body that they said was Oswald, but Hidell was still living in 2002. That is really interesting that your friend saw that. There were hundreds of witnesses not called by the Warren Commission that died really strange deaths.

We are never going to know details of private conversations, but I really am leaning against Oswald even being on the 6th floor that day.

Another strange thing is this, if he was wearing a light jacket, why did he take the jacket off when Tippit was shot? Seems a little out of the ordinary for someone to just shoot a cop and then take the jacket off when no single witness reported him actually doing that. All the witnesses said he was running away. But to take the time to get your jacket off before running?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

In looking over the testimony of J.W. Fritz, he says nothing about the fake ID and that it was Mr. Hosty that asks Oswald about Russia and Mexico City.

According to this testimony, Marina DID NOT positively identify the rifle, and that she thought it only looked like the one he bought, but she says she thought it was bought in New Orleans.

J.W. Fritz also testified that the police stated that the shooter was STILL in the building when he got there at 12:58. That means that for half an hour, without the doors being sealed, the police still believed the shooter to be inside the TSBD?

And THEN, a little after 2 P.M., as Fritz is interrogating Oswald, the FBI interjects just at that moment, a call from Shanklin looking for Bookhout and Hosty, who then take over the interrogation.

Here's the strange thing about this, Mr. Bookhout of the FBI was in the Dallas Police building EVERY DAY? Then Shanklin calls there looking for Bookhout, who then calls in Hosty? All of this BEFORE the actual interrogation of Oswald by Fritz. The FBI took over at the onset. And then the intriguing thing, Oswald sits there in front of Fritz and says to Hosty "I know you, you accosted my wife on two separate occasions".

Wait a sec, how would Oswald KNOW Hosty already? And Fritz states that he actually left the room, leaving Oswald alone with Hosty and Bookhout. But THEN, in this SAME interrogation, Fritz states AT THAT TIME did he learn the rifle was purchased from Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago, and the time frame for this was BEFORE the gun was actually examined. At that time, the rifle was removed from TSBD, there had been NO TIME yet to track down where the rifle was purchased.

So then how did all of this information suddenly become available just when Oswald is being interrogated within the first two hours? And why was the FBI AND Secret Service in the interview room, within minutes of Oswald arrested and brought to the police? Bookhout of the FBI WAS ALREADY in the police station. Then they get a call from their superior within minutes?

They had him pegged BEFORE the police actually arrested him, and Fritz didn't know why.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am happy to see this thread still going. Seems you have been a member for awhile now, so Im guessing you have read at least some of Rising Against post. Have you perhaps dropped him a line and pointed him to this? Im thinking he hasnt been around because I just cant see him not commenting on this. Or, he has seen it and maybe he is doing some research before he says anything.

I must say though, you have certainly brought forward some very curious points of oddity. I wish more were chiming in here. Sadly though, this seems the way of the Good Threads.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman

I am happy to see this thread still going. Seems you have been a member for awhile now, so Im guessing you have read at least some of Rising Against post. Have you perhaps dropped him a line and pointed him to this? Im thinking he hasnt been around because I just cant see him not commenting on this. Or, he has seen it and maybe he is doing some research before he says anything.

I must say though, you have certainly brought forward some very curious points of oddity. I wish more were chiming in here. Sadly though, this seems the way of the Good Threads.

I must have replied on Rising Against's post quite a while ago because he listed me as a friend some time back. But this has been several years ago.

One thing I have learned from genealogy research is that no information is irrelevant so I applied the same research methods as I would for genealogy. That's why every name is looked into as much as possible. And that is how I found A.J. Hidell in New York from 1993-2002.

Did you know how many Oswalds were born in Dallas the same year as his daughter Audrey Marina Rachel Oswald? And one of the names of the fathers was Donald Lee Oswald.

In fact, here is the list of births of Oswalds in 1963, in Dallas

This proves nothing about Alek Hidell, but if any of these other men were his cousins and possibly looked like him, because there two different descriptions given for Oswald, one was that his eyes were grey/brown and the other blue, then which Oswald was the actual gun delivered to?

I don't really think the government would inaccurately list his eye color, when it is one of the first identifying marks when you apply for any type of government document. So now to research these men, one especially intrigues me is Donald LEE Oswald.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

How interesting, but nothing related to this thread. Joel Osteen, the famous preacher, was born the same year as Rachel, LHO's daughter. That's just a trivial fact and perhaps could be used in a trivia game. I had just noticed, but it was funny nonetheless....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I want to point out something here....

In the testimony of Michael Paine Warren Commission Hearings: Vol. II - Page 409, Paine is replying to questions about knowledge of any Communist groups in Dallas, he inadvertently makes this tiny mistake...

Mr. Dulles.
Did you say anything to him about the activities of the Civil Liberties Union in connection with the defense of people accused of crimes under certain conditions?

Mr. Paine.
Yes; I am sure I told him that it came to the defense of all people who didn't seem to be receiving adequate help when it seemed to be an issue involving the Bill of Rights. I was then--that was a pang of sorrow that occurred after the assassination when I realized that he had then subsequently, a fortnight later, joined the ACLU, and still didn't quite seem to perceive its purpose, and then I realized--I had also perceived earlier that he was still a young fellow and I had been expecting rather a lot of him, when I first approached meeting him; this man had been to Russia and had been back and I had been--met some others who had been around the world like that and they are powerful people.

Freudian slip? Michael Paine confessed that he had met some very powerful people around the world? First he says he had been...then switches it to met...who did Paine know that was so powerful? He changes it mid-sentence and the Warren Commission doesn't jump on that one?

Here is also another tidbit to Michael Paine, he had in his garage the equipment for sighting scopes and had the qualifications for doing so. The rifle blanket was NOT found by Marina, it was RUTH PAINE who showed the Dallas Police the empty blanket.

top topics

join