It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up, CDC: What If There Was NO Breach In Protocol In 2nd US Ebola Case? Try Investigating That!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
CDC head criticized for blaming 'protocol breach' as nurse gets Ebola

Some experts also question the CDC’s assertion that any U.S. hospital should be prepared to treat an Ebola patient as the outbreak ravaging West Africa begins to spread globally. Given the level of training required to do the job safely, U.S. health authorities should consider designating a hospital in each region as the go-to facility for Ebola, they said.

"You don't scapegoat and blame when you have a disease outbreak," said Bonnie Castillo, a registered nurse and a disaster relief expert at National Nurses United, which serves as both a union and a professional association for U.S. nurses. "We have a system failure. That is what we have to correct."

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: bludragin
S&F
I hope someone in MSM sees this thread and starts asking hard questions.
IMHO Frieden needs to step down. What a fool.
Obama needs to get his big boy pants on and step up to the plate and make quite a few decisions about Ebola, and swiftly.
Now. Today.

It is obvious now that Obama does not own "Big Boy Pants". Maybe he should barrow a pair from "W". Obama is not a proactive person thus we will see Ebola spread in the US.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: frugal

IMHO not so good if our response to the disease causes more disruption and harm than the disease itself. Creating some massive trade and travel embargo could be worse than the impact of this disease in the USA. That being said, I think there should be stricter restrictions on travel from affected areas.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ebola Does Dallas: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I appreciate your thoughtful and informative reply, and really cannot disagree with anything you say. This Ebola viral strain, with its over 300 mutations from the Zaire strain, is a genuine mystery. Time will tell us more, but I am not sure we will ever have this tiger by the tail. Namaste.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PhysicsAlive

Agreed. Wondering, hypothetically, if you were in charge of the entire world, how would you manage travel restrictions during this outbreak?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Although I identify more as a progressive politically, I do believe the US is long overdue for some immigration and border overhauls. I won't be surprised if W' s brother Jeb uses this Ebola outbreak to vault himself into office. And, God help me, I myself might have to vote for him, if so (gulp). See my latest post, here:
Ebola Does Dallas:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yey, Bonnie Castillo. The system is broken, indeed. And the price we all pay in this country as a result of this systemic failure may be dreadfully high. One Ebola death, anywhere, is one too many.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join