It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Breach in protocol' caused second U.S. Ebola infection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Did they really mention that students were taking off their gloves first when removing these suits? You must have the brain of a nematoad if you do that. If that's true, I think most aren't trained properly. People need to be trained with PPE's

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder how many"Breachs of protocol"it would take to see this get out of hand..

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I wonder how many"Breachs of protocol"it would take to see this get out of hand..

Pretty much just one. Though that's a worst case scenario.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

@10:15

If she was considered part of the low risk pool, then her mistake would have been a BIG one.

I think the accusation is BS.

Note also how @11:10 he refuses to characterize the type of healthcare worker she was. Wonder why that would be the case?

Maybe it's just me, but they all seem VERY spooked.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
they're closing the stable door but the horse has long since bolted.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
ITA.
From their expressions, they may be a wee concerned about Ebola-Karma.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can remember hearing the western countries would be ble to contain Ebola just fine. That there was nothing to worry about, that we have better facilities and equipment than those 3rd world countries.

Back then I said it would be careless mistakes that allowed it to spread. All it takes is one tiny breach of protocol, "human error" per se, and here we go....all the equipment and technical skills matter not when you factor in simple violations of strict guidelines.

Then again, I also remember hearing, "it's not that easy to catch."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42
Then again, I also remember hearing, "it's not that easy to catch."

You mean like three days ago from President Obama?

Obama: You Can't Get Ebola 'Sitting Next to Someone on a Bus'

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah, you have to be wearing a biosuit, just like all the other healthcare workers who've contracted it.

Imagine.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No where in that televised conference is there any mention that the nurses are wearing hazmat suits (or any other kind of suit).

The guy states specifically when asked by one of the reporters with regards to the CDC protocol: "... gloves, a face mask, and a face shield."

He says nothing about a suit.

So I'm assuming these nurses are just wearing standard scrubs with a pair of gloves, a disposable face mask, and a face shield.

That's all.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

@11:00, it sounds like the whole kit.

While listening to this again @10:40, I noticed he used the plural "the Ebola patients." Seems odd to use the article 'the' in this context when making a generalized statement.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yes, he states @11:34:

"This individual was following full CDC precautions, barrier and droplet... which are gallon glove, face mask, and face shield."

That's it.

No mention of suit, coveralls, nothing.

If this is the standard CDC protocol for handling one of the most deadliest infectious diseases known to mankind in an up close and personal manner, it's no wonder these health care workers are contracting the virus.

Anything short of a full-on hazmat suit from head to toe, and being sprayed down completely in a separate room before removing said suit.... is a crime against humanity.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think it's just great that the government continues to allow infected carriers into the country.
At the same time they want to blame the medical personnel who cared for a man with a lethal disease.

Let the horse out of the barn and then blame the bystander who got run over by the horse.

Gotta love government.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This:

Plus this:

Plus this:

Is apparently plenty enough to fully and safely protect our health care workers from a level 4 virus.

Meanwhile.... CDC workers are wearing this:

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
every state should have a HAZMAT TEAM ready for DECON at a moments notice. If they dont I wouldnt live anywhere near that state. a reply to: signalfire

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There almost had to be a mistake made by the nurse. Otherwise she would not have been infected. I do think that they need better equipment.. that the CDC gets equipment that our hospitals do not is ridiculous.

But to assume CDC is lying just because it's the CDC is also ludicrous. This isn't a super-secret evil virus that can phase through protection, and it's NOT airborne. So obviously something was done incorrectly. The problem is that the U.S. hasn't seen this level of contagion in decades, and are not properly trained to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
CDC is throwing the nurse under the bus and saying it's a clear breach of protocol. The nurse is saying she followed the protocol and there was no breach. At this point I'm believing the nurse over the CDC.

Well something had to have happened. Ebola is not magic it had to find its way through the bio hazard suits. I'm guessing she was using CAT 4 protection so either she cocked up or there was a fault with the suite.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So they don't wear anything over their pants, shoes, or hair?

A little vomit, sweat or blood on the ground and it goes through the entire hospital. What if you have a little pimple on your next and get splashed with saliva drops from coughing? What about you hair?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join