It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
it's scary

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
I commented about Judge Jenkins just a little while ago but I thought it might be worth adding some video evidence. Take a look at these two videos. Compare Judge Jenkins in an interview back on Oct 1 in the top one, to how he looked and sounded yesterday (Oct 12). I've set up the second video so it should start at 2:10. If it doesn't just go to that time point to catch the start of Judge Jenkins' remarks.

October 1 interview:

Oct 12 Press Conference:

In the latter video, his speech is much slower and subjectively he appears far less confident. Also, his voice really does not sound as “healthy” as in the video from 11 days prior. Overall – and again, this is subjective – he doesn't look well.

Hi- Yes, he looks very worried and is probably really regretting going into Louise Troh's apartment (and driving them to undisclosed location)

But my local channel 4 news just had an interview with him this morning on the set and he seemed fine, was much more relaxed and didn't look sick at all.

I just think he was in shock upon finding out about the second case of Ebola from a nurse wearing protective gear. They did a press conference immediately afterward so that is most likely why he looked pretty flushed.

If he suddenly disappears from the public eye then it is time to be really worried!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I recommend all ATS members read a book called The Hot Zone. There are some very suspicious parallels from the book and what happened with that guy Duncan in Dallas.

One of them being this:

On the second of day of September 1987, around suppertime, Eugene Johnson, the civilian bio-hazard expert attached to USAMRIID, stood in a passenger-arrival area outside the customs gates at Dulles International Airport, near Washington. He was waiting for a KLM flight from Amsterdam, which carried a passenger who had come from Kenya. A man with a duffel bag passed through customs, and he and Johnson nodded to each other.

And this:

In 1986-the year before Peter Cardinal died-Gene Johnson had done an experiment that showed that Marburg and Ebola can indeed travel through the air. He infected monkeys with Marburg and Ebola by letting them breathe it into their lungs, and he discovered that a very small dose of airborne Marburg or Ebola could start an explosive infection in a monkey.

learn.flvs.net...

www.amazon.com...

edit on 13-10-2014 by Mikeultra because: Amazon link

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: JustMike
Both of those guys that I watched when that presser was on live seemed to be very nervous.
I wonder why.
Maybe because they know more than we do.

What really worries me is maybe they know less than we do.

Or knew less -- and now have learned a little more. Like, wandering around in an Ebola patient's apartment in street clothes and shoes and zero PPE is not a bright idea, CDC assurances notwithstanding.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
This part:

But my local channel 4 news just had an interview with him this morning on the set and he seemed fine, was much more relaxed and didn't look sick at all.

I'm actually very glad to hear that. Maybe his hoarse voice was from being up all night and doing a lot of talking (and maybe some yelling). And yes, I'll bet he was shocked at how a fully PPE'd nurse became infected.

Okay, I know some people are almost wishing Ebola on Judge Jenkins but to be honest, I wouldn't wish Ebola on anybody. And, he has a nine-year-old daughter. I wouldn't want her to suffer because of any actions by her father. But beyond that, if he or anyone with him on that apartment visit and subsequent move (of the family) were to become infected, they could pass it on to others and we absolutely don't want that to happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeDaShom
*inserts joker "And here we go" gif*

I don't understand how the system failed. It's not like Duncan didn't tell them he was in West Africa. Sure, he shouldn't have come go the U.S. but he was terrified. Were there not some type of measures taken to prevent this from spreading? It is a hospital, not McDonald's. Seems to me like the hospital failed.

Which is why he had to die. Imagine how many "terrified", infected people would be fighting to enter the USoA if he had lived!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
This part:

I'm actually very glad to hear that. Maybe his hoarse voice was from being up all night and doing a lot of talking (and maybe some yelling). And yes, I'll bet he was shocked at how a fully PPE'd nurse became infected.

Okay, I know some people are almost wishing Ebola on Judge Jenkins but to be honest, I wouldn't wish Ebola on anybody. And, he has a nine-year-old daughter. I wouldn't want her to suffer because of any actions by her father. But beyond that, if he or anyone with him on that apartment visit and subsequent move (of the family) were to become infected, they could pass it on to others and we absolutely don't want that to happen.

I agree completely. He irritates the crap out of me but I don't wish Ebola on him, either.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The nurse's dog is still inside the apartment but Jenkins has assured the public that the puppy is being taken care of and has food and water. There were concerns aired about the dog in Spain being euthanized but he said "We're not Spain."

The dog is being watched for signs but so far it is okay.

I feel so bad for this nurse. My prayers are with her and her family!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I read that the test for ebola in dogs is a very easy and fast to administer, is just a small swipe on the fluids either mouth or rear end and even if the dog shows not signs the ebola virus shows if he have it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: idmonster
There is that aspect (and I starred your post because you've raised a valid point), but I don't entirely agree with you.

Let me explain what I mean. The situation is so bad in places like Liberia that some people who have the resources to get out are still going to try. Just about any "westernized" country's health care facilities and general infrastructure are light years ahead of what they have available at home.

They have retrieval teams that spend all day going out and collecting bodies. Sometimes those deceased unfortunates are just left lying in the streets. Faced with that kind of appalling scene on a daily basis, we can understand why people would want to escape. And, as the epidemic spreads, with the number of cases doubling roughly every three weeks, the scenes in those streets are only going to get worse. Civil unrest will grow and become harder and harder to contain. And in some places, food supplies will run low.

Desperate people do desperate things.

So, some people will do anything to get out. And they'll go anywhere they can get to -- legally or otherwise. It won't even mean much to them that Duncan died. They'll simply be heading for places where people aren't rioting because they have no food, places where there are no dead Ebola victims lying in the streets. Places where they hope they'll be safe. Some of them won't even realize they could be taking the disease with them when they leave.

But leave they will.

edit on 13/10/14 by JustMike because: made a small addition

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good thing they have a simple test. Because dogs can carry the virus but are generally asymptomatic.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Actually in a nation like the US if a full pandemic even get to start, is actually nowhere to go, but I expect the US ebola to remind isolated, yes I expect to be more cases but still isolated.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm listening to CNN on the television right now. Their medical correspondent Elizabeth Cohen, just said that dangerous (to health care workers) procedures such as intubation and kidney dialysis, are last ditch efforts for ebola patients and probably aren't worth the risk, because the patient is going to die anyway. (I didn't catch who she got that information from--local officials, cdc, etc)

Then the anchor switches to a doctor William Schaffner from Vanderbilt, who said the opposite. Basically, he had "informally" learned of an ebola patient treated in the US who received dialysis and/or was intubated, and lived.

What the heck? I'm going to see if I can find a new online article that repeats this info, but I know that is what I heard.

ETA: They are discussing his comments, now.
edit on 10/13/2014 by Olivine because: add a name

edit on 10/13/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

US treated successfully 3 American that were infected with ebola in Atlanta, because the way our privacy rights works when it comes to doctors patient care, you may not find anything on the kind of treatment that any of those 3 persons had beside the fact that they were given a serum.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This is important information but one thing that bothers me is the confusion over when it is caught in the early stages verses when it has gone too far to successfully treat?

Your post is an outstanding example of what I am trying to say here in that if there are no clinical and overtly obvious symptoms of Ebola, then at what point is that point of no return for an individual?

Also if a patient is not showing these infamous signs, then when is it that they are they able to infect others?

Seems the more truth about the unknowns that come out, the less we really do know about this virus and it's transmission.

It in all reality is understandable why media mitigation is necessary in this outbreak to quell any undue or premature panic, but really I feel as if the Authorities are just as perplexed as we are and it has become a watch and learn as we go situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

that article is several pages back. i posted the same thing.

i dont get why anyone would chance walking through that apartment without the full on radiation suit. even if the cdc said it would be fine.
i wouldnt have gone anywhere near there.

oh well

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Right, I understand there have been several American ebola patients successfully treated.
I guess what I found shocking is that CNN medical correspondent Cohen, was saying she had been told that such treatments "were probably not worth the risk to the health care workers". She was reporting from in front of Texas Presbretyrian.

So, because their PPE procedures may have been inconsistent or haphazard, medical professionals may forego potentially life-saving procedures?
edit on 10/13/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
I'm listening to CNN on the television right now. Their medical correspondent Elizabeth Cohen, just said that dangerous (to health care workers) procedures such as intubation and kidney dialysis, was told (I didn't catch by whom) they are last ditch efforts for ebola patients and probably aren't worth the risk, because the patient is going to die anyway.

Then the anchor switches to a doctor William Schaffner from Vanderbilt, who said the opposite. Basically, he had "informally" learned of an ebola patient treated in the US who received dialysis and/or was intubated, and lived.

What the heck? I'm going to see if I can find a new online article that repeats this info, but I know that is what I heard.

ETA: They are discussing his comments, now.

Oh my gosh, I saw this, too! What does he mean 'informally'? Is he letting a secret out of the bag? WHAT other Ebola patient?!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
My question of the day:

The nurse at Presbyterian is in "Isolation"

The family that lived in the apartment with Duncan is in "Quarantine"

At what point do we get the news that the family is showing symptoms or that death has occurred? The media is not even asking although it has been the top question on everyone's mind since they were whisked away to the undisclosed location.

So if you were in isolation verses quarantine, does that raise the chances of survive-ability?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
[...]
i dont get why anyone would chance walking through that apartment without the full on radiation suit. even if the cdc said it would be fine.
i wouldnt have gone anywhere near there.[...]

That's because you're on ATS. You read and digest information from a wide range of sources provided here, in an effort to "deny ignorance".

I don't see a lot of evidence of the CDC or Judge Jenkins and co. trying to follow the same motto...

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join