It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Excuse my multiple posts. But I'm just following links around google and keep getting more irritated. I do not believe that these Guides for Removing Protective Gear are going to stop the transmission of Ebola. "If gloves become contaminated, wash hands immediately or use hand sanitize" Then remove gloves with your bare hands. (I'm paraphrasing the last part)
Sigh.

source
edit on 12-10-2014 by alishainwonderland because: none

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

I would want... to be sat in front of one of those new nifty decontaminating lights for about 30 minutes. Then showered with bleach. Then dried in front of that decontaminating light. Then have someone in a Hazmat suit take off my PPE, then showered in some diluted bleach. Then dried in front of decontaminating light again. Before I would be ok touching ANYTHING...

but that's just me.
edit on 12-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Me too!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

The bodies are incinerated, "burned in mass graves as directed by the government", you have to understand that many of the bodies are not found until days after been dead, also many death are still in the same homes or areas as the living, that is why ebola is soo out of control in Africa.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Various news agencies reporting that the LAX person does not have ebola. I guess they used the instantaneous test to get those quick results?

Guess they don't have any of those instantaneous tests in MA because we still don't have a definitive answer on the patient there.

Boston hospital says chances that patient in isolation unit has Ebola virus 'is extremely low' - @ChrisARoach

www.breakingnews.com...

Very weird what goes on with these tests...No?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Louisiana doesn't even want Duncan's waste in their landfills...

Source

Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell is trying to get a restraining order to block the ashes of an Ebola victim's possessions from being buried in Louisiana.

Caldwell began the process after news broke that the ashes of the possessions of Thomas Eric Duncan, the only man to die of Ebola in the United States were to be buried at a Louisiana landfill. “We certainly share sadness and compassion for those who have lost their lives and loved ones to this terrible virus,” Caldwell says, “but the health and safety of our Louisiana citizens is our top priority.”

I understand... but... this just made me cringe. What are we going to do with the ashes/waste of ...more than 2? 20? 300.......

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I am speechless, but once the body is incinerated I don't believe is contagious anymore, so I don't understand the problem with the disposal of the ashes.

Actually, why not treat the ashes like nuclear waste, right, it makes no sense, but then again better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't even think these are the ashes of his body, it states "ashes of an Ebola victims posessions". I am assuming things from inside the apartment.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Still makes no sense, but then again, better safe than sorry, I guess the same way that nobody wanted the family around to the point that they went into hiding, now his possessions ashes are considered toxic.

Sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Notice how the only cases that get confirmed all come out of Texas, but any other state like NYC or MA or MD or WDC and the story dies and the case turns out not Ebola, it almost looks like in places where the media maybe not controlled entirely it breaks out, but in tightly controlled media areas the stories die quickly....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Has this been posted somewhere? Or is there more information somewhere on ATS? Found it through reading some of the things Louise Troh's friends have been posting.

www.globalresearch.ca...

I also found this interesting.

www.liberianobserver.com...‘traditional-man’-buries-21-suspected-ebola-corpses-bong-county

Can't get the link to go straight to the article. Search "Traditional Man buries 21". No wonder it is the real number of dead is more than likely twice the official number.

I am avoiding Judge Jenkins news to keep from being aggravated. Can't believe he is back in his purple shirt. Shouldn't it have been bleached by now.

My heart breaks for the nurse now infected. May God watch over her.
edit on 12-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: Second link isn't going straight to the page...use search "Traditional Man buries"

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

Since Duncan was found infected with ebola that he contracted outside the US, the government has been tracking west African people that traveled during the time Duncan traveled, this people are mostly African descendant, that is perhaps the reason that is kept quiet, to avoid the race card to be used and the agencies look upon like persecuting travelers.

But if you read all the people that has been quarantine in other states they are not from the US but has traveled into the US from ebola infected nations.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Yes. I noticed. The mayor had a problem with using the word disinfected or de-contaminated. Referred to it as cleaning agents.

What was that about.....

edit on 12-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: antar

Yes. I noticed. The mayor had a problem with using the word disinfected or de-contaminated. Referred to it as cleaning agents.

What was that about.....

A lot of folks (professionals included) use the words infectious and contagious interchangeably. I've done it myself on these boards, even though I try to be very careful not to. Disinfected and decontaminated are probably more closely related than the former example. I tend to not get excited over poor word choice when it's casual. Precise articulation = Red Flags.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oops! Wrong thread.
edit on 12-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If I had one thing to add it would be, can we close the swimming pools in Dallas for a while.
I've been thinking of ways mass amounts of people could catch it from one person
and swimming pools seems pretty high up for me. I mean yoy could catch it up your nasal passages, in your mouth, in a small cut, in your eyes, private parts. It would be the first thing i'd close.

Also all this talk about not being contagious until symptoms show, I was under the impression it was you were contagious from the get go but become increasingly contagious the sicker you get.

edit on 12/10/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I think CNN just said the person close to nurse is now showing symptoms. Did I hear that right? Did anyone else hear that as well? Earlier they said the person was just isolated out of precaution. But Frieden did say this morning that it was possible there would be more cases.

I noticed something about this morning's press conference.

While listening to this again @10:40, I noticed he used the plural "the Ebola patients." Seems odd to use the article 'the' in this context when making a generalized statement.

Is it just me, or is this video start to finish super creepy?! These men look so strange, their movements, answers, facial expressions etc. WTH??? Also at the very end 14:57 the guy says "I have to take Dr. Varga to another meeting". Isn't the Dr. alive, can't he take himself? They seem like programmed robots!

They appear nervous... but did have the intestinal fortitude to make the announcement of the nurse who was diagnosed. So far, they are the only ones being forthright and speaking about real cases and (to an extent) how they are progressing.

I shudder to think of all the other cases all around the country that has the kibosh over it- to keep quiet about everything. Oh, "the test turned out negative".

With probably hundreds of W. Africans coming into the country EVERY DAY, I really, really doubt that Duncan and his associated "infection tree" is the only real case of Ebola going on. But that's just my conspiracy mind working in overdrive.

-------------------------------------------------

Want to add this, as I just ran across your post when catching up and agree with it. Same line of thinking.

-------------------------

originally posted by: bubbabuddha
Notice how the only cases that get confirmed all come out of Texas, but any other state like NYC or MA or MD or WDC and the story dies and the case turns out not Ebola, it almost looks like in places where the media maybe not controlled entirely it breaks out, but in tightly controlled media areas the stories die quickly....

edit on 12/10/2014 by MarkJS because: added agreed to quoted post to bottom

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: XevenAnd the bad news is anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched could now have and be spreading Ebola.

How many times do people have to say it? Humans are NOT contagious until they start showing symptoms. Furthermore, the virus is transmitted through contact with bodily fluids. So, no. This is not bad news for "anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched."

Now, I'm not saying she didn't come into contact with people (and things) with a fever (I'm sure she did), but this isn't some pandemic horror movie where the disease spreads to others without the host feeling ill. Please get educated and stop fear-mongering!

Is this a serious situation? Yes. Is Ebola a friggin' scary virus? Yes, but there's no good reason to be straight trollin' the internet, spreading fear and panic.

P.S. I live in a suburb of Dallas.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkATi

originally posted by: XevenAnd the bad news is anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched could now have and be spreading Ebola.

How many times do people have to say it? Humans are NOT contagious until they start showing symptoms. Furthermore, the virus is transmitted through contact with bodily fluids. So, no. This is not bad news for "anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched."

Now, I'm not saying she didn't come into contact with people (and things) with a fever (I'm sure she did), but this isn't some pandemic horror movie where the disease spreads to others without the host feeling ill. Please get educated and stop fear-mongering!

Is this a serious situation? Yes. Is Ebola a friggin' scary virus? Yes, but there's no good reason to be straight trollin' the internet, spreading fear and panic.

P.S. I live in a suburb of Dallas.

Judge Jenkins, is that you?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkATi

i take it you havent read this article yet.

NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. The researchers found that a patient showing no symptoms of the disease can still transmit a virus like Ebola by air if droplets containing the virus are transmitted to another person by a sneeze or cough.

edit on 13-10-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: bolded

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join