It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Where are you getting nurse? I didn't see it @ CNN or the Texas DSHS release.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Thats one of the aspects of Ebola that make it so insidious. Here we are three weeks after the initial Dallas case (got off the plane) and all of a sudden theres another one.

Now all that time has transpired to make us unsure of the next three weeks and all the tracing that must be done.
Was this (Health worker) in "reverse isolation" (at home)?

Looks like there wii be another apartment bombing…
edit on 12-10-2014 by intrptr because: additional in parenthesis

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Gully
Wonder who else out there has a low grade fever that ran into Duncan in last 20 days. I also wonder who the nurse has had contact with. Did this nurse leave Ebola on the door handle at Walmart?

Right, yes...this is a mess.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: butcherguy
It will be interesting to see what type of contact the nurse had with Duncan. We will only know what they tell us though.

I'm very curious about that too. I'm guessing it's easier to transmit then what TPTB want to lead us to believe.

They should have treated him on a bus, I hear it's safe there.

Now that is funny right there!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

In Dallas there will be no door to door Halloween this year.
edit on Sun Oct 12 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
How close are we to the incubation period ending for anyone else that was in contact with Duncan prior to his hospital admission?

Good question, but in the current situation, we have to consider a "starting" incubation period from even after Mr Duncan died. Dead patients are still infectious and some people had to move him from his hospital room after he passed away. And as he died last Wednesday and the incubation period is 2 to 21 days, it's quite possible for someone who had contact with him even then (and got infected) to start to show symptoms two days later -- which was Friday.

And this health care worker started showing symptoms on Friday.

True, the worker could have picked up the infection sooner, but just saying that even last Wednesday is possible.

edit on 12/10/14 by JustMike because: of typos...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What scares me is this health care worker has probably been treating god knows how many other people in the last few days, lets hope it isn't as contagious as we think while incubating!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
the virus can penetrate skin cells. all she had to do was touch a contaminated surface. end of story.

a big cold front just hit the area, and its said the virus is far more resilient in cold environments.

all coupled with the fact that it it only takes 1-30 microbes to initiate a successful infection, and that it lives on many surfaces for long periods of time.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i have a feeling that we are going to have too get used to being unsure of the next few weeks over and over with all the cases that keep popping up!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Blaming this guy is narrow minded and short sighted, it was going to happen sooner then later.

No. It's just a fact. He lied and came here with the disease. The health care worker wouldn't be sick if patient zero had told the truth and stayed in Africa. It's not 'narrow minded' to say that. It's just the truth.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It was only a question about time before this news would break.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The quarantine for Duncan's girlfriend and family ends October 19. But, honestly, I haven't heard any news about them. Just the talking heads saying the family is not showing any symptoms but there haven't been any phone interviews, etc..

Anderson Cooper better call Louise and find out if she really is okay!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Good point i hadnt considered that we would still have to be watching for more cases from him even after his death, especially considering all these healthworkers that are getting it even with all precautions necessary taken and hazmat gear worn etc. obviously its alot more easier spread than what they originally thought. Yes it is absolutely possible! its so scary, i feel so sorry for everyone living in the area.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: intrptr

i have a feeling that we are going to have too get used to being unsure of the next few weeks over and over with all the cases that keep popping up!

At least they are telling us about the ones in Dallas… Thanks main stream media, for a change.

Thomas Eric Duncan, a native of Libera, died Wednesday, 18 days after he had arrived in Texas.

Link

Was just musing that the longer they keep people alive in the hospital, the more changes it has to spread. Kind of ironic.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
what about the sewage lines? they have been collecting duncans waste but has she been using the hospital restrooms?

heads up at the water treatment plant? municipal water supply?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree, There is absolutely no denying that this is Duncans fault! if he had not have lied on the form and went to the US riddled with Ebola and started the spread then we wouldn't even be hearing about this right now.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just wait until we have some infected child puking all over a classroom in a school.
Can't happen, I know.... but just wait until it does.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
First time posting. I too think that Louise Troh (DUncan Duncun Girlfriend) and her family are infected and the cdc are covering it up. I searched everywhere for news about her and everything is atleadt 2-3 days old and the last words supposedly from her where from a third party. Seriously if a protected healthcare worker is infected surely the family has to be as well. Also read in another post that several medical professionals are leaving the Dallas area and leaving town and one referenced that they where so freaked out they where placing themselves in quarantine. I give it 2 weeks before the truth comes out the SHTF.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Fearing for his life that he may have Ebola he decides to lie…

They should add that to the airport questionnaire… are you lying about having contact with Ebola?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus
Hmm read or heard it on news. Maybe wrong there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join