It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Taking a break to check on you guys.

This posted yet?
Massachusetts Hospital Treating Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms

Said updated 17 min ago so looks recent.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
That is a very good point, as I am also curious about how that family is doing, if they are sick or are they ok, as it is only 7 more days till they can come out of isolation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Tea Party and Secessionist Dudes probably not laughing but I gotta grin. And I'm in Houston.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Shana91aus
a reply to: intrptr

i have a feeling that we are going to have too get used to being unsure of the next few weeks over and over with all the cases that keep popping up!

At least they are telling us about the ones in Dallas… Thanks main stream media, for a change.

Thomas Eric Duncan, a native of Libera, died Wednesday, 18 days after he had arrived in Texas.

Link

Was just musing that the longer they keep people alive in the hospital, the more changes it has to spread. Kind of ironic.

But you notice who gave the announcement. Dallas and an Austin Lab AFAIK.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

IF TRUE: When EBOLA is put in the sun's ray's it dies. IF this statement is true, then setup an I.V with a clear tube and let your blood go thru the clear tube and the sun's ray's will kill the ebolea and feed the line back into your body. EBOLA CURE. Then your body can make anti-bodies against ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

If you think about it, this is a good venue for hashing out questions everyone is asking themselves but may be afraid to bring up in public. ATS is notoriously independent minded, and that will inevitably produce conflict. Better get it out in the open now instead of waiting until we're too sick to deal with the issues.

Gotta say, though, it can get rough around here. Maybe that's good for us, been too soft for too long?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: k3d59
Taking a break to check on you guys.

This posted yet?
Massachusetts Hospital Treating Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms

Said updated 17 min ago so looks recent.

I started a thread a while ago on this look under Breaking News or here

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Sorry, Staroth. Going to hop over there and read. I wish we could combine all these threads.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Comic artist Noelle Stevenson (@Gingerhazing) appears to be live tweeting from the United Airlines plane that is stuck at Los Angeles airport gate due to sick passenger.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Another potential case, this time in Canada, although they don't come right out and say it on this revision of the article.

Enterovirus was going around Alberta so it may well be that...or nothing at all, if we are lucky.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I would like to request that any further discussion relative to pre-symptomatic transmission to the Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations. thread; I will post there and link sourced documents supportive of my stance.

As per the ,above post:

Yet the largest study of the current outbreak found that in nearly 13% of "confirmed and probable" cases in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea and elsewhere, those infected did not have fevers.

The study, sponsored by the World Health Organization and published online late last month by the New England Journal of Medicine, analyzed data on 3,343 confirmed and 667 probable cases of Ebola.

Ebola research: Fever not a surefire sign of infection

There has been a quite heated discussion on my thread, Ebola, inside information, regarding the possibility of Ebola being transmissible prior to onset of symptoms. Everything the CDC and all other wold health authorities says that the ONLY time Ebola is transmissible is once symptoms appear.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, who is helping to shape the U.S. response to Ebola as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, was asked by a CNN interviewer on Oct. 4 whether a person could be "contagious without having a fever."

Fauci replied that "the answer to that is no."

He continued: "You never say 100% but it's essentially 100%. … In biology nothing is 100%, but that's quite a reasonable conclusion to make."

The 'official story' is that Ebola is not transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

Source is a relative who is a nurse (has been for a long time, and is well versed in this virus in particular) and is a patient in one of the few hospitals in the country that does have the facilities to deal with this virus.

As one can imagine, this topic is on many lips in the hospital.

It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

This post

More from the linked article:

The official assumptions about the frequency of fever in Ebola patients have not been challenged publicly. But Dr. Paul D. Stolley, former chairman of the University of Maryland's Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, said the matter "requires further investigation."

Given the stakes, he said, the "absolute" assumption that Ebola can be spread only when an infected person displays fever should be reevaluated.

"It may be true," said Stolley, a member of the Institute of Medicine, part of the National Academies. "It just doesn't sound very plausible to me."

Is the idea that Ebola can be transmitted prior to symptoms worth considering as having merit?

Dr. Nick Zwinkels, a Dutch physician, last month closed a hospital he had been running with a colleague in central Sierra Leone after five nursing aides contracted Ebola — possibly from unprotected contact with three patients who were not promptly diagnosed with the virus.

Based on what his staff observed, Zwinkels wrote, "it seems that only measuring the temperature as a form of triage is insufficient."

He added: "It seems that Ebola can present without fever especially in the first phase."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Anyhoo; the Duncan family attended a memorial the other day with Jessie Jackson there. The Duncan family should have still been under quarantine.

The family members with Jackson were those that didn't live in the apartment with him. The family members that were taken from the apartment haven't been heard from, in any way, since they were quarantined.

Edit: Well, we haven't heard directly from them anyways. I believe there was a phone call to a grandmother, or someone like that, and she then spoke to the news.
edit on 12-10-2014 by riddle6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

Prolly denature your red blood cells while you're at it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Did anyone notice how off center the Judge and the Mayor were today compared to the first interview? They were stumbling and bumbling as if what they are saying and thinking were worlds apart?

Also, were is the link to the alien agenda deal?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Finally caught up.

I want to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS to them for blaming that nurse.

Wanted to make some points, most have been covered already but this one

Did you notice this new rhetoric about gloves? How if she was told to double glove, then she triple gloved, then that could put her at higher risk because now she has to take off three gloves... bla bla bla gloves gloves gloves is all I hear. Then I hear it being repeated, journalists repeating this point that more doesn't always mean better concerning gloves... which makes about as much sense to me as "banning flights would prevent the countries from getting aid"...

You know what that tells me?

There aren't enough medical supplies in this country to handle what could be coming.

edit on 12-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1
a reply to: cloaked4u

Prolly denature your red blood cells while you're at it.

What does prolly denature mean?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I think CNN just said the person close to nurse is now showing symptoms. Did I hear that right? Did anyone else hear that as well? Earlier they said the person was just isolated out of precaution. But Frieden did say this morning that it was possible there would be more cases.

I noticed something about this morning's press conference.

While listening to this again @10:40, I noticed he used the plural "the Ebola patients." Seems odd to use the article 'the' in this context when making a generalized statement.

Is it just me, or is this video start to finish super creepy?! These men look so strange, their movements, answers, facial expressions etc. WTH??? Also at the very end 14:57 the guy says "I have to take Dr. Varga to another meeting". Isn't the Dr. alive, can't he take himself? They seem like programmed robots!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

There isn't enough truth supplies to handle what's coming.

This plays out like all the movies we have watched over and over again......the system has worked, and is now spreading just like it is supposed to.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
EBOLA VICTIMS WITHOUT SYMPTOMS CAN STILL BE CONTAGIOUS German doctors show CDC wrong about spread of disease

NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

The researchers found that a patient showing no symptoms of the disease can still transmit a virus like Ebola by air if droplets containing the virus are transmitted to another person by a sneeze or cough.

Source

Concerning. As many here have stated.

Excellent. This validates my gut assessment of Ebola -- that it's far more contagious & dangerous than the CDC is letting on.

I posted in this forum on Ebola many, many weeks ago. Remember the experiment with the pigs?

But no, the Establishment shills showed up to quash the idea that Ebola could be airborne -- because it doesn't meet the specific, esoteric, medical definition of "airborne." Like that matters, when the virus is airborne in the commonly understood definition of the word "airborne."

Some doctors love to bludgeon people with their medical degrees.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Finally caught up.

I want to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS to them for blaming that nurse.

Wanted to make some points, most have been covered already but this one

Did you notice this new rhetoric about gloves? How if she was told to double glove, then she triple gloved, then that could put her at higher risk because now she has to take off three gloves... bla bla bla gloves gloves gloves is all I hear. Then I hear it being repeated, journalists repeating this point that more doesn't always mean better concerning gloves... which makes about as much sense to me as "banning flights would prevent the countries from getting aid"...

You know what that tells me?

There aren't enough medical supplies in this country to handle what could be coming.

She shouldn't be taking off any gloves before soaking them in a solution. This is standard procedure in hydrochloric acid facilities

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join