It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: TDawgRex

Listen to what he is saying....

Emergency services at the hospital are currently suspended - for just two patients - it is already not capable of caring adequately for others. Why? Is it really due to personnel or is it the contagious nature of the virus?

Regardless, now we can really begin to understand the full implications of Ebola for our health care system.

Probably because nearly every square foot of the hospital is now suspected of being contaminated. I know I wouldn't step foot into that building. Surgery there? forgot it.
edit on 10/12/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My local news reported there will be a CDC press conference at 10am central time. That's a lot earlier than later in the day as was originally reported!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
a reply to: CardiffGiant

You're too predictable. I gave 2 other possibilities, but you picked the most sensational to make light of. What's your opinion of how the nurse was transmitted ebola ??

my opinion is either the cdc is lying and ebola can be spread through the air....or
she made a mistake somewhere and came in contact with him or some surface that was holding it.

at this point i choose to believe she made a mistake somewhere along the way.
that opinion is not written in stone though. i reserve the right to change my mind at any time.....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
Thanks for the head's up. But I fear the CDC presser will be more blah, blah, blah from Dr. Tom Frieden. The MDs in my hospital, including my DH, think Friedan is an idiot.

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
ITA.
Tom Frieden should resign.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

there have been 2 confirmed cases in the states.....im not making that fact up.

Two confirmed cases. That makes me wonder how many unconfirmed cases there are due to misdiagnoses and such.

Aren't all epidemics and pandemics pretty much started by Patient Zero? Currently ED68 has killed more than Ebola here in the US, yet not much is being said about that either.

I have a feeling that people are in for a rough year.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
ITA.
Tom Frieden should resign.

Is he a political appointee?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa

I just checked through the rest of the thread to see if anyone else noticed this...

Go to the 2.00 min mark in the above video. He says:
"Texas Health Resources has been monitoring eighteen patients."

I repeat: "Eighteen patients". Not "contacts" but "PATIENTS".

He made no attempt to correct that, not did anyone else. He let it slip... And this man, Dr Dan Varga, is the Chief Clinical Officer for Texas Health Resources.

ETA: Is it any surprise that they are preparing a 24-bed special unit for Ebola patients?
edit on 12/10/14 by JustMike because: Corrected 28-bed to 24-bed, in line with what Dr Varga said.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

In the press conference, it said they were notifying neighbors of #2 door-to-door. They also did a reverse 911 to everyone in a four block radius.

So, perhaps this friend who was contacted lives close to #2.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Two confirmed cases. That makes me wonder how many unconfirmed cases there are due to misdiagnoses and such.

Aren't all epidemics and pandemics pretty much started by Patient Zero? Currently ED68 has killed more than Ebola here in the US, yet not much is being said about that either.

I have a feeling that people are in for a rough year.

i wonder as well.

just trying to stay grounded and not freal out too early.

press conference is on now.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Meanwhile, a top federal health official said the health care worker's Ebola diagnosis shows there was a clear breach of safety protocol and all those who treated Thomas Eric Duncan are now considered to be potentially exposed.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Good catch.

Everyone should start paying very close attention from here on out.

And so it begins...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When they mentioned...

We now have contingency plans in place.

Did anyone else picture this?

edit on 10/12/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter
I think Dr Varga slipped up badly there. I doubt he was supposed to let that info out. He knows the difference between patients and contacts, but being a doctor, when he's thinking about patients who are being monitored, that's what he calls them.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
CDC Director on TV just now .... laying groundwork to blame the nurse ... he said even a single inadvertent slip can end with contamination.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

That's interesting. Good catch.
I hope it does not mean what it seems to mean. Patients in the hospital are already being monitored? Or those on the original monitor list are now patients?

As everyone knows, hospitals are the most likely place to catch something.

A few months ago I was in the ER and then admitted, for just 24 hours. Two days after I was out, I was very sick with a fever, etc. I went to the family doctor. They did some lab tests and said I had an infection - nothing to do with my original ER visit. I asked the Dr. what this was from, and she matter-of-factly replied "the hospital". Apparently it is common to go in for one thing and come out with another. I had to take antibiotics and was sick for a week - nothing to do with the original visit.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

But note - this again shows that they fear contamination of surfaces. They know the danger, but try to gloss over it when they say direct contact with bodily fluids is required. They always omit saying that this includes surfaces that came in contact with bodily fluids.

Yep and notice how they aren't telling us anything about how EXACTLY this Dallas nurse or the nurse in Spain got the Ebola. I'm still waiting on that one!

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And that it's possible that others will get it...in other words...others will get it.
Now vector that.

edit on 10/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yes, I heard that slip, too. But now they are saying 18 HEALTH workers again, and that this nurse was the 19th. Covering up again...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
And now the CDC director is saying that there could be more cases in the next few days because the health care workers messed up the procedure. He's going to blame it on them. Sounds like they really are expecting more cases. I wonder if they believe their own rhetoric about 'human error' ....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Nurse had "Extensive Contact" with Duncan according to the CDC.

Oh COME ON!! If this would be a movie I'd have changed the channel long time ago! This is ridiculously bad!!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join