It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know I will get blasted for this....but I wonder how many people in Europe before WWII stated things like..."that Hitler guy? He'll be gone n a few months"...or " They CAN'T be rounding up Jews...that's all a "conspiracy"......

I am not packing at present to "run for the hills"...and I am not even looking cross eyed at my African patients that come in .....but I can promise that we will SURELY regret it if we are not on the edge of our seats with our BRAINS TURNED ONTO SOMETHING OTHER THAN SPORTS, TV and the newest APPLE release.......and be ready for the worst......

But indeed...we all SHOULD live our lives and go on with living it with joy...if for no other reason than we conspiracy theorist just might be RIGHT AGAIN......and these next 9 months or so might be the last joyful moments for a few of us....or maybe a LOT of us......
but then again...maybe for NONE of us.....that's the thing about life...it's quite predictably unpredictable

Even if this "crisis" IS a lie and the lie is being spread for "nefarious" purposes......it is STILL a bad situation and being "spun" in a way that is bothersome....which to me definitely deserves more than a "Hmmmmmmmmm"

My opinion, ya'll....now back to my "paranoia"

edit on 10/12/2014 by Cornczech because: because I'm a retarded speller with fat, arthritic fingers

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Think how many people this nurse came in contact with. Use your head.

ok.
as of now though, how many people outside of dallas have it?
just cause she was in contact with other people does not mean they now have it.
not contagious if youre not showing symptoms

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit*
double post
edit on 12-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

There are more lies being told about the case in Dallas than even we have been supposing, including the time of death, contactacts being traced, and people with symptoms beginning to show.

Me on Oct 8.

How many more, we may never know.

CDC fail!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

As far as we know or they want us to believe.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
From the press conference:

They said the reason they are diverting patients from the hospital ER is lack of staff.

All of those in the previous "self-monitoring" group are now in the "monitor" group, and will be directly monitored by CDC. Remember how the monitor count was around 100, then went down to 48? This infected nurse was not one of the 48. She was self-monitoring and considered low-risk. They said in the press conference that most of those in the previously self-monitoring group were health care workers. So suddenly they are all high risk.

I wonder if they were working all this time, and now the working staff at the hospital is suddenly reduced by 60 some staff? If they were working with patients, what is the potential risk? This nurse discovered her fever on Friday. I wonder if she was working with patients on Friday?

No wonder those giving the press conference looked freaked out. They admitted they were extremely concerned that the protective procedures did not protect this nurse.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So according to those numbers, the reported number of cases for this current outbreak is 488% higher than all of the reported cases combined over the previous 37 years. Looks like everything is under control after all

link   

All you do in these threads is play advocatus diaboli. Your avatar is fitting.

Perhaps we should send a few patients to Wales, or wherever you live. You'd probably feel differently.

link   

There is a pet in the nurse's home

In the press conference they said they would be "taking care" of that later today. When he said it, hesitatingly, he looked sad.

Another innocent victim like the spanish nurse's dog?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
A good friend of mine lives in Dallas and just wrote
"Pretty sure I just found out about a third case. One of my friends was woke up by the cdc because his neighbor tested positive. Not sure if it's the same person or not... ugh. This hospital is about 7 minutes from my driveway.... my son was born there"

You won't see that on the news! At least not yet.

Does your friend live off Greenville near Marquita? If not, then it's not this second case.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ah, good morning doom...

So, I watched the video. The now-infected healthcare worker encountered Thomas Duncan during his 2nd visit and stay at the hospital. She followed all CDC guidelines. She was in the low-risk pool of people, meaning she self-monitored for signs and symptoms of infections.

Now she is infected.

The CDC guidelines and precautions are, apparently, not enough. The CDC does not understand all of the possibilities of transmission of ebola.

No one wants to come out and say this. The best I heard in response to this, from Dr. Varga (sp?), was, "we are very concerned."

So am I. Everyone in that conference looked like they wanted to bolt out of there. Not merely for fear of questions either.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

How many average people think about "Protocols"? If some one outside of the health industry exposed and infected, yet not showing any symptoms has sex with some one else, doesn't clean up afterwards, and at some point randomly scratches their nether regions without thinking, then has a sandwich, then goes on a date with another kissing them...

The scenarios are endless for transmission.

It is said that it only take one to ten microbes of this virus to take hold.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

There is a pet in the nurse's home

In the press conference they said they would be "taking care" of that later today. When he said it, hesitatingly, he looked sad.

Another innocent victim like the spanish nurse's dog?

Hopefully it's a cat, as I heard cats don't get it. At least I hope cats can't get it.

link   
Since this was preliminary testing, according to the official reports, they caught it before it could spread from her. I'm not convinced it isn't contagious earlier.

Hazmat suits, meanwhile, definitely protect against Ebola as do less high tech protective measures. Although definitely more than a regular hospital visit.

link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

So claims the CDC. But they also claimed that the procedures in place would protect health care workers ... obviously that ended up not being accurate. So I don't have a high level of confidence in the CDC saying 'no symptoms means not contagious'.

link   
Thomas Eric Duncan = Patient Zero in the U.S.

Mark my words - this is going to get a lot worse.

Edited to amend the above sentence: This is *already* a lot worse.

edit on 10/12/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

link   

my opinion is based off of their prior unprofessional decision making and carelessness..

Mankind is not taking ebola, serious..

This is my opinion, my opinion is not fact..

Yet someone else getting ebola, in dallas in my opinion indicates it was not contained..

Personally I do not care... Nor will I argue about my opinions on ATS on a SUNDAY all day. LOL I see this place is still a place for intellectuals to slum at for a bit...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The latest on the two experimental vaccine, actually is a third one also been tested, the testing started back in September

All this is going on now in October.

Two promising candidate vaccines

Given the public health need for safe and effective Ebola interventions, WHO regards the expedited evaluation of all Ebola vaccines with clinical grade material as a high priority.

Two candidate vaccines have clinical-grade vials available for phase 1 pre-licensure clinical trials.

One (cAd3-ZEBOV) has been developed by GlaxoSmithKline in collaboration with the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. It uses a chimpanzee-derived adenovirus vector with an Ebola virus gene inserted.

The second (rVSV-ZEBOV) was developed by the Public Health Agency of Canada in Winnipeg. The license for commercialization of the Canadian vaccine is held by an American company, the NewLink Genetics company, located in Ames, Iowa. The vaccine uses an attenuated or weakened vesicular stomatitis virus, a pathogen found in livestock; one of its genes has been replaced by an Ebola virus gene.

www.who.int...

Read carefully that the two vaccines will be available very soon

The overarching objective was to take stock of the many efforts currently under way to rapidly evaluate Ebola vaccines for safety and efficacy. The next step is to make these vaccines available as soon as possible – and in sufficient quantities – to protect critical frontline workers and to make a difference in the epidemic’s future evolution.

How soon? Vaccine against Ebola might be ready in January 2014

www.viewstimes.com...

Ebola vaccines and the money making monster of greed

Three Russian Ebola vaccines ready within six months: Moscow, how other countries are tackling ebola better than the US

Source: Moscow (AFP) - Russia expects to produce three Ebola vaccines within the next six months, Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said on Saturday.

“We have created three vaccines… and we think they will be ready in the next six months,” the minister said on Rossiya 1 television.

“One of them is already ready for a clinical trial,” she said.

One of the vaccines was developed from an inactive strain of the virus, the minister added.

The current outbreak of Ebola, the worst on record, has claimed more than 4,000 lives since the start of the year, mainly in the west African nations of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

There is no licensed treatment for the highly contagious disease, but several countries are trying to develop an effective vaccine.

Russia, which has not had any cases of Ebola, sent a team of scientists and a mobile laboratory to help fight the disease in Guinea at the end of August.

Russia has also implemented a protection plan against the virus, which it stepped up in July, according to the minister.

Seventy-one Russian airports were equipped with thermal cameras to detect the first signs of the virus, she said.

More than 450 students from west Africa studying in Russian universities were under constant surveillance, she added.

nworeport.me...

Ebola Vaccine Trials: First Doses Of Experimental Treatment Given To Malian Health Workers,

The first trial of an experimental Ebola vaccine has begun in Africa, as three health care workers from Mali infected with the deadly disease that's spreading through the western part of the continent became the first sufferers to receive it. The vaccine, which was developed in the U.S., is expected to be given to another 34 health care workers in the coming weeks.

The vaccine trial started Wednesday, according to the medical school. It was developed by investigators at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease’s Vaccine Research Center in Bethesda, Maryland after two months. Before Wednesday, the vaccine was only tested on animals.

The vaccine includes a type of cold virus known as adenovirus that doesn’t cause humans to become ill. The virus is modified so it produces an attachment protein of the Ebola virus.

“Immune responses directed against this single Ebola protein have been shown to be highly protective in animal model challenge studies,” the medical school said.

www.ibtimes.com...

link   

You're too predictable. I gave 2 other possibilities, but you picked the most sensational to make light of. What's your opinion of how the nurse was transmitted ebola ??

link   

All you do in these threads is play advocatus diaboli. Your avatar is fitting.

Perhaps we should send a few patients to Wales, or wherever you live. You'd probably feel differently.

no, i just give my opinion like everyone else. im just not into the fear mongering...

just trying to be realistic....

there have been 2 confirmed cases in the states.....im not making that fact up.

just trying to give a different point of view. threads with more than 100 pages filled with people and their fear mongering...

you are perfectly able to skim right by my posts. shouldnt be hard.
just look for the avatar

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join