It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hogstooth

Exactly. And it's right on track for spread projections. And they are horrifying by....exponential to a ridiculous degree by February.

We need to lock it up!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Calm down people, no need for hysteria now, the three Americans and the man in Dallas allcontracted ebola from a hot spot, the ones that will contract ebola here in the US is due to direct contact with the ebola Man, from Liberia.

This new case, will have the advantage of trial drugs like the one the Infected man from Liberia had, but too late.

I expect this new case to recuperate from it, I never doubt that the Infected man from Liberia Mr. Duncan would not.

Get ready because the danger is not infections from direct contact with Mr. Duncan

You have to worry about the open border of infections that can come into the country by illegal entry, from west Africa.

That is where the danger is.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: hogstooth

We need to lock it up!!!!

In my opinion it is already out of control. They dropped the ball on this and now it is just impossible to keep track on who had contact with whom.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

So , the first contracted ebola case in America , a female nurse, was wearing the approved CDC gear and still was infected. That indicates to me , she took off the gear incorrectly and contaminated herself . Or possibly unknowingly punctured her gear or the worst yet.....this in fact could be air-borne ??

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A more complete video.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hogstooth
a reply to: CardiffGiant

ebola has killed something like 4,000 people since t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶7̶0̶'̶s̶ March 2014.

I fixed that for you

en.wikipedia.org...

From 1976 (when it was first identified) through 2013, the World Health Organization reported a total of 1,716 cases. The largest outbreak to date is the ongoing 2014 West African Ebola outbreak, which has affecting Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nigeria. As of 10 October 2014, 8,376 suspected cases resulting in the deaths of 4,024 have been reported.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wake up
Walk the dog
Make a nice cup of tea
Turn on tv
Boot computer
. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's been a long time since now and my epidemiology classes way back in grad school, but from what I can remember. . . .

If there's one, there's two.

If there's two, there's four.

If there's four, there's eight. . . . . .

(beezzer crawls back into bed)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
....this in fact could be air-borne ??

i guess it could be....but its not
ebola could be spread via purple unicorns too......but its not

if duncan did infect others we should see them getting sick right around now.
if every person he came in contact with became sick and then people they came in contact with became sick i would worry.

these are still very much isolated cases(the confirmed and the ones they are watching)...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
How many health care workers would it take for first world care to break down?

Keeping in mind things like strikes and people just not turning up for work.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I was wrong about where the nurse lives. It is actually 3700 Marquita in DALLAS, not Ft. Worth. People in the neighborhood are all standing in the street, on their phones, walking around in pajamas wondering what's going on. There is a large yellow drum for decontamination and several emergency vehicles about.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It's been a long time since now and my epidemiology classes way back in grad school, but from what I can remember. . . .

is that how it went down with aids?
what about sars?
oh, how about h1n1?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Calm down people, no need for hysteria now, the three Americans and the man in Dallas allcontracted ebola from a hot spot, the ones that will contract ebola here in the US is due to direct contact with the ebola Man, from Liberia.

Marg - you know I lurve girl, but...

CDC said Ebola would not reach U.S.
CDC said it was unlikely Duncan would infect any one else, beyond his immediate family, if that.

We now know that is all crap. We know the Spanish nurse got it. The fact that either nurse got it while -seemingly - using proper protocols is very disturbing.

CDC can't even be clear about Ebola transmission and exactly what they mean by "airborne"..so...I have ZERO confidence in their handling of this.

I think Friedan should be fired.

I think we need to go to war against Ebola, not ISIS. And the first thing that needs to happen is to stop all flights except for aid and any aid workers coming back from affected areas need a 21 day quarantine before coming back. ANYONE associated with Duncan, his care or this Nurse and care should be quarantined. I think anyone who has arrived from West Africa in the past 21 days should be quarantined.

Mandatory. Then and only then may we have a *chance* to stop this.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And the first thing that needs to happen is to stop all flights except for aid and any aid workers coming back from affected areas need a 21 day quarantine before coming back. ANYONE associated with Duncan, his care or this Nurse and care should be quarantined. I think anyone who has arrived from West Africa in the past 21 days should be quarantined.

Mandatory. Then and only then may we have a *chance* to stop this.

even though i dont think this new 'outbreak' is going to be a major deal, i agree with all you posted above. cant chance it...lock it down.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

is that how it went down with aids?
what about sars?
oh, how about h1n1?

Initially?

Yes.

Look, if you are smart, use common sense, and are practical, you are probably ok.

Now lets look at the demographics for the US.

Smart?
Common sense?
Practical?

So I will remain just a wee bit concerned.

Cheers.

(clowns scare me)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I love you too, my friend, you know that, but, yesterday I went out and enjoyed a great day with friends and family, you know what, is not use to get into a hysterical mode, yes worry, be concern, but why spend our time going out of our minds.

Actually the spread of Ebola in the US will be limited if the authorities does what they need to do, but we know that is always human error.

The Dallas contamination is going to be localized, I will start to worry more when the south of the border entry starts to show cases of ebola in the country.

Life is good, life is great, enjoy and worry later, I know you will disagree and I respect you concern and worry.

Remember that is those in our nation that will capitalized and profit from worry and scaremongering at our expenses

edit on 12-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

ANYONE associated with Duncan, his care or this Nurse and care should be quarantined.

I suspect it's too late for that. There are not even enough folks to trace all of the contacts with the two patients, let alone place each contact into isolation.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
A more complete video.

I agree with others here. Those guys look worried and scared.

Not a fearmonger, but I am concerned. Winter is arriving, Ebola is not affected by cold weather, it actually prolongs it on various surfaces.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Smart?
Common sense?
Practical?

So I will remain just a wee bit concerned.

Cheers.

(clowns scare me)

yeah, youre right about that.
what was i thinking?

i know that if 2 people have something it was initially 1.
does not mean it keeps doubling till it gets to 1,000,000
thats what i meant

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I was wrong about where the nurse lives. It is actually 3700 Marquita in DALLAS, not Ft. Worth. People in the neighborhood are all standing in the street, on their phones, walking around in pajamas wondering what's going on. There is a large yellow drum for decontamination and several emergency vehicles about.

They must be going through hell, not knowing what is going on and if they're in any risk

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

If you have read the big pharma works on the "ebola" treatments and vaccine, you know that CDC is in bed with big pharma, the ebola trials are on going right now for two different vaccines, remember also that the only trial treatment that worked on ebola on the three Americans was depleted so it is a cure for it.

But because we have a nation with profiteers that capitalize on scaremongering and death we are to get ready for the mass vaccinations coming in January that is the death line for one of the trial vaccines to be ready.

Just read into that and you will see that is all been planned.

Sad but truth, big pharma wants people infected and they want people scare.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join