It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth in Media: Feds Says Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Ben Swann does a great report on cannabis, namely one compound CBD. When extracted from the plant and converted into an oil the compound is able to help those who suffer from a variety of debilitating medical issues. The US gov't classifies marijuana as a schedule 1 drug, which according to them means marijuana has no medical use. Ironically, Washington DC has medical marijuana and residents will be able to vote this November to legalized it fully, like in Colorado and Washington state. What is also ironic, as seen in the title, the US gov't has patents on medical marijuana.

How bass ackwards is that?

edit on 12-10-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's the same in the UK too.

No medical benefit has been the UK mantra on Cannabis for decades, yet the UK government like the US government, has authorised a 'patented' form of Cannabis medicine a number of years ago.

Arse about face on both sides of the pond.

Or blatant and complete hypocrisy, favouring patent protected corporate Cannabis medicinals (read as: Money for corps) over the rights and freedoms of ordinary people to self medicate naturally.

Take your pick. (it's actually both though)

When trying to wade in with heavy negative Cannabis propaganda, the UK's Government, the then 'Oldish New Labour' government commissioned a year long Cannabis study looking into scientifically obtaining hard proof of the expected negative effects of Cannabis use in the UK.

Esteemed Professor Nutt, an expert on drugs effects on Humans was enrolled as the lead scientist on the study, and he had a team of 6 or 7 scientists under him for the research.

Ultimately, not only did the UK government fail utterly in their Cannabis whitewash and smear campaign, but the public got a brief sniff at the levels of governmental corruption that surrounds Cannabis and general drugs policy in Britain.

Nutt not only spilt the beans on what the research turned up about Cannabis, against the then Home secretary's wishes (the Gov wanted the results to be secret and not revealed to the public who funded the study), he and his team found as a result of their detailed and expensive research, that not only was Cannabis less harmful to Humans than legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco, having roughly the harm profile of caffeine in our daily coffee and tea, it was actually good for us instead of being harmful.

Nutt was fired, ostensibly for disobeying the home secretary's order to keep a lid on the teams pro-Cannabis findings, and his team resigned in protest.

The whole affair was then swept under the MSM rug, with only a few media soundbites about Nutt not keeping his mouth shut and the news quickly became tomorrows chip paper and forgotten.

Here's a short story from the BBC about the affair:

BBC report into Cannabis sacking

Bear in mind that the BBC is 'the government channel' (for all intents and purposes) while reading the BBC report, but even so, they cannot dispute the expert and scientifically obtained results.

It's one long con game, always has been.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Medicine/drug, drug/medicine.

Not necessarily in that order.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

When were the patents granted and how did the knowledge of cannabis being good as a form of medicine get patented in the first place? This information was not some new invention that nobody had discovered before - which is the reason why a patent is granted in the first place.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
America needs a million smoker march on the White House. Everyone should camp out until the Washington Monument is a hazy blur.

The federal government will continue to fight it to the end because suddenly everyone will become passive and not stomach the war machine. We can't have that.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Another msm article to add to my collection, thanks!

If i ever come across a real life shill or twat dumb enough to still swallow the propaganda, he'll be in for a surprise when I whip out a folder full of these puppies... "Happy reading dumbass!"

Should i ever appear in court for anything cannabis related (and the odds are not in my favour where i live), ill be sure to be the stoner that DID make the news. Unless the msm confirms their bias, which would sadly not be that unimaginable...

The battery of evidence is no longer possible to be ignored

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- "They" also have the patent on 'ebola'.. The only difference is One can kill You..

I'm hoping that the rumored tobacco infused ZMAP -type vaccine is actually better fused w/cannabis. It would take something BIG to mobilize the PRO cannabis movement, something to get U..uh...er.... "them" off the couch.

With 'them' (Uncle Suga) using military type surveillance, etc. and then 'carrying a grudge' I couldn't see a citizen from a "Non-State" showing up out of fear of/for the retaliation from the cops. Being a retired cop I can type You this tidbit, remember the 'Crack War'? ALL those Urban males are just now getting out of prison incarceration since the 90s after getting 20-25 yr. sentences while the sub-Urban male received probation. Prison Industries is a $3B/yr. industry, so do the math. Paranoid? When the above are fully released "they" are going to need folks to $ell their wares, punch the license plates, etc. to keep the $$$ flowing into CCA™ Combine them and join Us over at LEAP™ or at least get the newsletter...

BigPHarma™ a tentacle of ALL that is 'wrong', doesn't want You to grow Your own meds, they'd much rather have one of their 'minions' (a fresh Dr. that has $400k in student loans is more receptive to just writing scripts to get some financial relief..) write a fistful of scripts.. Get them on the Dr. visit 'co-pay'; med 'co-pay' and hopefully it is addictive (unlike cannabis) and You need One or 2 other meds for the 'side effects'...

top topics

join