It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 ISIS fighters advance towards Baghdad area

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
As far as ISIS, I dont think they are a fabrication. Their origin may be one of those CIA fronts that they lost control over, made on behalf of the Saudis, but the reality is that they DO EXIST and are gaining members and territory. I would like to see peaceful men prevail in the ME. I would also like to see violent men all buried so peaceful men can do their work.

Hard to pick who you support when everyone is mad....

The deal with these ISIS fighters is they are all about the rape, pillage and plunder that has no higher influence other than some guy thinks that if they kill all the males then they can just move in and take the land and women for a better life.

The motivator is one of the oldest and simplest in the book.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The motivator is one of the oldest and simplest in the book.

But carpet bombing is a good deterrent I would've thunk?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
But carpet bombing is a good deterrent I would've thunk?

The big question is why should we care at all?

Same event has happen in Darfur with about 5 million killed in this way, and also other places, why not just let everything run its course in the Middle East.

Are we the dog that sees the squirrel and stops what he is doing and yells "SQUIRREL!" every time a new video comes up.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I guess you think a small force of jets can cover the entire area of Iraq and Syria…

Well combined with drones, satellites, intel provide by radio from "boots on the ground", its more difficult to see how they hide "10,000" combatants.
On the flip side, how did they determine there are "10,000"? Because CNN says so is not valid forensically speaking. Hey speaking of forensics…

The US Recently hit an oil refinery in Syria…

Thats the reality. "In Syria", not "in ISIS". Nice dodge though, One little refinery. I thought the "ISIS crisis" was threatening on a Massive scale?

The smoke screen is being put up by people who believe their own "analysis" of the situation is valid despite the facts.

Really? My little smoke is doing all that? I'll take that as a compliment that you need to debunk my "smoke".

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I heard this exact question on some television show or another. The answer was so ludicrous it slipped right from my mind. They're full of it. Full stop.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The big question is why should we care at all?

I know I don't care. And of course, your live and let die
ideal, is exactly how it ought to be. And is what every sane
person would agree upon. Or there is a different agenda
going on that gives reason for what we see as insanity.
So our rulers are either insane, or there is a different
agenda that causes them to takes us way off course
and into angry waters. Either one all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Iraq's seemed so able to strike the US with IED's, ambushes and guerrilla tactics in the Iraq war from 03-08

yet, seem so helpless in the face of a much less advanced enemy, ISIS1

It's almost as if they dont want to fight ISIS

this

Where they heck did they get the ten thousand?

The people who were doing the ied'ing and such weren't Iraqi forces but were mostly foreign fighters, the same kind of foreign fighters this time around, that's where the 10,000 comes from, they are more organized as they've learned from past conflicts.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thats the reality. "In Syria", not "in ISIS". Nice dodge though, One little refinery. I thought the "ISIS crisis" was threatening on a Massive scale?

You do understand that ISIS started, is based in, and is supplied through Syria right? There is no "in ISIS". What the F does that even mean?

Well combined with drones, satellites, intel provide by radio from "boots on the ground", its more difficult to see how they hide "10,000" combatants.
On the flip side, how did they determine there are "10,000"? Because CNN says so is not valid forensically speaking. Hey speaking of forensics…

I'm sorry general, I did not know you were such on expert on military tactics and logistics. I defer to your expertise.

Really? My little smoke is doing all that? I'll take that as a compliment that you need to debunk my "smoke".

So childish.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I have been wrestling with just that very idea for the past few weeks. With no fruits to bear then what is the REAL purpose, an excercise in intellectual futility? Entertainment? Propaganda?

I somehow feel victim to my own devices more and more lately. The internet was made to give us freedom and in turn it's become a prison for many.

As for the middle east I place blame on the entire bureaucracy, not one person or party created this, we are all to blame, other countries included. It's a chicken or the egg scenario when looking at how it started now. As for the outcome there are only two moves left for us; turn our backs or fight balls deep. Both are bad decisions, which is worse? Meet halfway? We've been there before.

I used to place blame on crazy conspiracies and the such but what I feel is happening now is the unification of the world through technology. It's like countries have all been thrust into high school together and they each assumed roles in Breakfast Club stereotypical manner with thoughts of the prom comming soon. At this point I'm just waiting for graduation, I want it to be over one way or another.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There is no "in ISIS".

I meant bombs landing in Syria, not on ISiS (typo). You are right, there is no land of ISiS. Its a ruse designed to justify violation of Syrian Sovereignty.

Something I am sure you hold dear in regards to your home land.

Just an aside, did you change your avatar? Are you currently still deployed to somewhere-stan? My bad if so. Last time we fenced I said I wash't going to fence with you while deployed.

Sorry, stay safe and focused, make it home as soon as possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Dear AnteBellum,

I don't want to sound too mystical or preachy, kind of hard to do in a thread on ISIS anyway.

The unification of the world through technology seems to be one of those noble goals that nobody has quite thought through, but we'll spend a trillion and restructure our society on our hope. Forgive me, but I believe that if you're connected to the entire world, you're not connected to anybody.

Now, if you're connected to your neighbor, or to Old Joe McFierens you talk with for an hour down at the bar, or to the mayor when you see him in the barbershop, or your customers at work, that's when you're connected to somebody. I believe it takes at least some small amount of effort on both sides to create a connection that means something. That's not done as often now, but it should be.

If you spend effort into getting to know someone on the internet, talking with them, and not seeing them as crazy talking point dispensers, then a connection is possible.

ISIS and our policy? Thousands and thousands of people being killed in front of us. What are American goals? Protection of the poor, downtrodden, those under assault? Stopping evil military forces? Not angering any party in the area? Building a reputation as a force for peace and stability?

When we choose our goals, we announce who we are as a nation and we give a clear signal to the world about what will be happening and why. I find it hard to say to the dying, "Oh, go ahead and die, that's the price you pay for being born in the Mid-East, If you had been born over here, your life would have been important, but as it is, go die quietly somewhere please.

We are fouled beyond words, sometimes.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: shapur

a reply to: daaskapital

I think ISIS is a myth,a creation of the media and the elites to justify wars and regime changes in the ME region

Why would the West need regime change in Iraq when it already occurred?

They're far from a myth...
The West needs a regime change in Syria,Lebonan,Turkey and Saudi Arabia that will eventually lead to perhaps a regime change in Iran and even Israel.Then they will be in total control of the ME without being worry about rough regimes to deal with in the future NWO scenario...Pure and simple when you think of it really but very very hard to achieve in reality...I think ISIS doesn't have what it takes to unite all parties involved in the ME to unite and fight against them as a common threat.They are just too fake and obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join