It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hurdygurdy
I've always wondered if the motivation for much of the scripture posted, especially concerning 'end times' along with the obsession to convert and 'save', is orchestrated by tptb to advertise and promote the script in their playbook (bible) so we unwittingly participate in the manifestation of their desired outcome (world domination) out of blind belief.

Or, another way of looking at is we lose our resolve and simply give up because 'it was prophesized' (scripted).

I actually have an interest in prophecy of all kinds, and the Biblical version tends to be the kind most discussed lately.

I actually don't want a NWO at all because it will be a dreadful tyranny and sign that the End is actually coming. No one should want it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
Ridicule is part of the course when one asserts something which cannot be supported by testable evidence though, or isn't it?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

But see? You hold to the atheist version that all that is is all there is. But you have no real proof of that beyond your own belief. You see people are dead and you can't interact with them, so for you that's it. You have no idea if that's all there is for them or not.

For all you or I or anyone else knows, there is more. Just because no one here has found a way to find out what that is doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It only means we haven't found a way to figure it out what it is or IF it is yet.

Once upon a time, no one knew if there was anything beyond the moon either and that didn't negate the existence of all the rest of the universe.

So you are being very Schroedinger's cat with this. If you can't see the cat in the box, then it must not exist, and yet, we all know it does. Here it's a bit different. There may or may not be a cat in the box, and you don't believe there is. Others very much do. What makes you any more right about it than any of them just because they tend to envision cats of all different colors while you envision no cat at all?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Fine I was addressing the people who come into threads that are explicitly about religion and complain about having it shoved down their throat. If you don't do that, then you aren't one of those people.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So says the insecure atheist?

No, I came here because most exclusively Christian forums are going to tell me I'm burning in Hell for reading Harry Potter and playing video games.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Ridicule is part of the course when one asserts something which cannot be supported by testable evidence though, or isn't it?

And now I believe in miracles because you and I are actually agreeing on something in a thread...

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I don't know. We're on a conspiracy forum where there are a plethora of threads on subjects that have no real evidence beyond some weak conjecture at best.

So why is religion one of the only places where open ridicule should be acceptable?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Who said only religion? ...not me.
I support a place for ridicule being available for all beliefs which have no supporting testable vidence.
...ghosts, goblins, pixies, fairies, gods, etc, whatever.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

...the color red?

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: jude11

The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

I beg to differ. It was the unchecked and overwhelming amount of hate and ridicule aimed at Christians here and everywhere else on the internet that converted me.

I guess for some of us, the only way to build real faith in God is to meet the devil first. So by all means, keep up the good work.

Really? that's interesting, my son as well, he noticed the overwhelming hatred for Christianity and even though he studied satanism, said he would stand with the Christians, ironic.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Perhaps ATS realizes that religion is naught but a conspiracy in and of itself?

Woops there it is...

Answered your own question.

Here is my take on this:

Organized religion is not only a conspiracy, but it is the most important conspiracy in the entire history of the world.

To make things even worse, the word 'religion' seems to have a completely different meaning to everyone.

Some consider religion and God to be one and the same.

They are not, in fact God HATES Religion.

Nor is he the author of Religion.

This is the reason why religion ALWAYS lies and contradicts itself.

God and Religion are complete opposites.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Source

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?" JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion. Source

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've been on ATS a long time and I have rarely come across religious posts and the ones I may have seen, I was free to ignore. Nobody's ever tried to convert me to anything. OP must be seeking them out and then complaining about them. Like the person who moves next to railroad tracks then complains about the noise.

If a post is off topic, report it. Otherwise, skip it. If a thread doesn't go your way, welcome to the club. Start another if it's warranted.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and this site certainly harbors its share of wacky or unpopular beliefs.

People tend to see explanations for the inexplicable in light of their own worldview. A plane disappears, some say UFO, others say false flag to incite war, others say soft landing after mechanical failure, others may say it's God or Satan (but frankly I never heard it).

Nobody is forced to believe any of it and nobody is forced to read any of it, but anyone is allowed to post any of it, as long as they follow the rules.

a reply to: jude11

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
Oh please with your questions regarding human perceptions of colour, and the attempt to link it with religious faith discussions. Lame, at best.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The truth is simply this, there can only be one true reality, most critical deep thinkers understand this.

I consider myself a critical deep thinker but don't agree that there can only be one true reality because we live in reality dictated by dualism.

Or maybe I am simply not what I think I am, either way I see more than one truth based on religious concepts or one truth described in an infinite ways.

There is not the hundreds of beliefs that our personal perceptions of realities hold within our thought patterns being true, as we all know that is impossible.

The only thing I know is that in a dualistic reality nothing our minds can conceive is impossible.

Let's take the example of what happens at death.
For example an airplane carrying 500 people crashes, all on board are killed, for the purpose of this hyperbole, every single person on board has a different belief structure, dozens of different Christian faiths, Pagans, Wiccans, Muslims, Atheists, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Hindus, Satanists, really good people, really bad people, and the list goes on and on. At death every one of them goes to exactly the same place, not where they perceive they go, or hope to go. In this probably atheists might agree with me. They go back to the ground, and eventually turn to dust, their soul is dead. They simply don't exist anymore in any way.

How so?

Nothing dies just transforms into another form and serves another purpose in this cycle of cycles.

They will always exist until the memory of them transforms into another energy.

Really all you have done is explain an atheists belief how death is the end and nothing follows.

My point is people come to ATS because they are more opened minded than many others, and really we all search for truths.

I agree at the idea that many believe they are more open minded than others and maybe that has steered them here but I see it as a trap and no truth will be found here or anywhere on the internet concerning spiritual or religious matters.

That is found when you interact with people face to face, when human touch is involved, when our scents influence our actions and our voices express our feelings and when our eyes see ourselves in another.

What is truth?

A word used we living fight and kill for and the dead laugh or cry at, nothing more nothing less.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So says the insecure atheist?

Who me?

Sorry I don't label my beliefs to one such measly label.

I am probably closer to the creator than a majority of Christians are to Jesus.

I judge less so according to Christian beliefs I am more of a follower than those that condemn others for their beliefs.

No, I came here because most exclusively Christian forums are going to tell me I'm burning in Hell for reading Harry Potter and playing video games.

Sorry they don't sound Christian but more whats the word ....... delusional, yeah that just about wraps it up.

Like I said any Christian willing to make such harsh judgments for certain actions are nuts and practically blasphemous.

Do you debate your beliefs here with others than might see things differently?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hurdygurdy

Pretty sure that if I responded to an ebola post for example, with a quote by Krishna from the Bhagavad Gita it would be considered "off topic".

Why if it is on topic of communicable disease or any other part of the topic? Ancient texts of all kinds are important, they are a part of our world history, reading, studying them and being able to quote from them should be respected.

The Supreme Lord Krishna was the driver of Arjunas chariot but the only driver we have is our imperfect intelligence. Arjuna had an invincible chariot given to him by the fire god Agni which could not be destroyed. But we only have a fragile and perishable human body which is subject to old age, disease and death.

www.bhagavad-gita.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I support a place for ridicule being available for all beliefs which have no supporting testable vidence.

The question may have been lame to you...but testable evidence will never show me the color red...open to ridicule by non-red seers.

The beauty of the site is the breadth of knowledge and experience, scientific or otherwise, from all corners of the world...

...and you ridiculed my non-perception of the color red...for me, the color red is a conspiracy...and no amount of testable evidence will give me the experience of red...yet, I can somewhat accept that it is available...

Ridicule (I would have thought) was not part of ATS for any reason...there must be a way to discuss conspiracies without it...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I guess my point is if you accuse people of coming here and proselytizing because they are insecure, I'd say it's the opposite. People who are insecure tend to seek ways to surround themselves only with others who think like they do.

People who come here where they are willing to entertain others who think differently would be secure in their beliefs.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Maybe it is you that have chose the wrong website to be involved in if you can't leave a forum alone when you hate on it so much.
PROOF? TESTABLE? Acceptable referencing? Ha! Only God has proof of these things :-0

Conspiracies in Religions
Predictions & Prophecies
Cryptozoology
Origins and Creationism
Paranormal Studies
The Gray Area
Secret Societies
Off The Grid
General Conspiracies
Aliens and UFOs
ATS Skunk Works

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

The question may have been lame to you...but testable evidence will never show me the color red...open to ridicule by non-red seers.

The beauty of the site is the breadth of knowledge and experience, scientific or otherwise, from all corners of the world...

...and you ridiculed my non-perception of the color red...for me, the color red is a conspiracy...and no amount of testable evidence will give me the experience of red...yet, I can somewhat accept that it is available...

Ridicule (I would have thought) was not part of ATS for any reason...there must be a way to discuss conspiracies without it...

Å99
But you know of your inability to see red. It is a known anamoly and many people are similarly inhibited from other senses, like smelling or hearing. You can be physically show why you are not able to see red. There is an overwhelmingly good reason to believe that the color red exists. If you then decide not to believe in the color red, you would be going against a lot of evidence of it's actual existence.

I would reckon that you do understand why you can't see it and that you actually do believe in the color red without actually seeing it.

Do you deny the color red?
edit on 12-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join