It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai student discovers a clever solution for killing cockroaches... No pesticides !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The article explains why these three simple ingredients work .. Which I think is a great way to lure the filthy buggers to their death. It would depend on the environmental humility for this mixture to stay appetizing for the Roaches, but I figured this was a neat idea.

ISAAN:-- Jenjira Ponyong, a Prathom 6 student from Pracha-anukro Primary School, Kalasin province has invented a unique solution for killing cockroaches.

The student created the solution by experimenting with 3 basic ingredients: cement powder, rice flour and Ovaltine powder.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

เก่งจิงๆเลยนะ สุดยอด! เด็ก ป. 6 อัจฉริยะ ค้นพบวิธีกำจัดแมลงสาบตายยกรัง เด็กนักเรียนประถมโรงเรียนสมเด็จประชานุเคราะห์ หัวใสคิดค้นสารกำจัดแมลงสาบ สัตว์ที่เป็นพาหะนำโรคร้ายสูตรตายรังได้สำเร็จ สามารถกำจัดแมลงสาบได้ดีโดยไม่เป็นอันตรายต่อมนุษย์

แมลงสาบ เป็นสัตว์ที่มีนิสัยกัดแทะทำลายข้าวของ ขับถ่ายสิ่งสกปรก ส่งกลิ่นเหม็น และแพร่กระจายเชื้อโรคมาสู่คนได้อย่างมากมาย ได้แก่ โรคทางเดินอาหาร อหิวาตกโรค ไทฟอยด...

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Diatomaceous earth eventually kills every insect that travels into or through it. About 1-4 days depending on the type of insect. I've been using it inside my home for 15 years and the ant onslaught every spring is short and very sparse.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

nice find ,
now there is a use for ovaltine. !
sf

edit on 11-10-2014 by radarloveguy because: added sf

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sounds like a sound idea to me, a horrid way to die I suppose but so is pesticides and since when have activists cared about roaches?

If anyone wants to or does try this, make sure you wear gloves when handling cement. It can do some nasty things to your skin if your not careful. One of those paper masks wouldn't go amiss either.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They never give out the ratios. Well, I suppose some experimentation is in order.

Nice find.

You would want it in a small trap so other animals like small birds can't get to it.

One would imagine that it would work on mice and rats as well.

P

edit on 11/10/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yah, other critters, pets and all.

Wanting to focus on the pest… heres is what worked for us. No pesticides… sticky bug traps. They are double sided and each package contains two traps. When one side is full you flip it over. Place along edges of walkways or walls about 10 feet apart. They swarm to the scent and get stuck.

Good for maintenance of heavy infestations but our outdoor chinese cockroach problem cleared up in about 3 months using these things. Every night they piled in.

They check in but don't checkout. Hah, sa-sa-saaa!

link

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When I lived in Asia it was a known fact that if you had cockroaches in your house nothing else was there.

In Taiwan, we welcomed Geckos for the same reason.

Better the Devil you know than the one you Don't

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a cool find for sure, but the bit about not harming the environment is not true cement creates c02

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Powdered sugar mixed with boric acid does the trick. Geckos work good for the small ones.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Diatomaceous earth eventually kills every insect that travels into or through it. About 1-4 days depending on the type of insect. I've been using it inside my home for 15 years and the ant onslaught every spring is short and very sparse.

I used this for fleas one particularly itchy summer when I rescued a neglected chihuahua puppy who was just covered in the little buggers. It really does work well within a pretty short amount of time, and it's fairly safe if you buy the food grade kind.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The article explains why these three simple ingredients work .. Which I think is a great way to lure the filthy buggers to their death. It would depend on the environmental humility for this mixture to stay appetizing for the Roaches, but I figured this was a neat idea.

ISAAN:-- Jenjira Ponyong, a Prathom 6 student from Pracha-anukro Primary School, Kalasin province has invented a unique solution for killing cockroaches.

The student created the solution by experimenting with 3 basic ingredients: cement powder, rice flour and Ovaltine powder.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

เก่งจิงๆเลยนะ สุดยอด! เด็ก ป. 6 อัจฉริยะ ค้นพบวิธีกำจัดแมลงสาบตายยกรัง เด็กนักเรียนประถมโรงเรียนสมเด็จประชานุเคราะห์ หัวใสคิดค้นสารกำจัดแมลงสาบ สัตว์ที่เป็นพาหะนำโรคร้ายสูตรตายรังได้สำเร็จ สามารถกำจัดแมลงสาบได้ดีโดยไม่เป็นอันตรายต่อมนุษย์

แมลงสาบ เป็นสัตว์ที่มีนิสัยกัดแทะทำลายข้าวของ ขับถ่ายสิ่งสกปรก ส่งกลิ่นเหม็น และแพร่กระจายเชื้อโรคมาสู่คนได้อย่างมากมาย ได้แก่ โรคทางเดินอาหาร อหิวาตกโรค ไทฟอยด...

www.facebook.com...

help me out... is it the lime in the cement? does cement even have lime?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Not the lime, from what I understand. Seems like the little bit of cement hardens and creates a ball in the roach's gut and that kills it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Not the lime, from what I understand. Seems like the little bit of cement hardens and creates a ball in the roach's gut and that kills it.

wow.. this is pretty smart.

thanks

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

Diatomaceous earth - good stuff and perfectly safe for humans. Can get gobs of it at Home Depot.

The cement powder sounds cool. You would just have to watch that it doesn't get wet. Wouldn't want cement to appear in your house. Moisture can be a problem as well if the cement hardens (no longer a powder), it's then not effective against the roaches.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There's a difference between food grade DE and the pool variety. Both will trash your lungs and those of your pets if inhaled. That mentioned I use the food grade. Just a heads up for people new to the item.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Considering Thai eat cockroaches, this greedy kid is going to get fat on some extra crunchy Ovaltine imbibed roasted roaches.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Years ago a friend of mine sent off £30 for an advert in the paper that claimed a method of killing cockroaches that was 100% effective. He got a Brick in a box.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
Considering Thai eat cockroaches, this greedy kid is going to get fat on some extra crunchy Ovaltine imbibed roasted roaches.

I have never heard of the Thais eating roaches. If you got something saying or showing let me know so I can gross out my wife ! She is a roach killer form several generations back; it is in her blood. Maybe some mentally challenged individual but not in a regular normal persons diet. So I will bet you a star you are wrong.

Roaches may carry disease just as anything else to include a chicken, pig, cow or anything you can think of but Thais are not fans of roaches. The bug that you might be thinking of is not in fact a roach, but a kind of beetle that resembles a roach only much redder and lives in the dirt not normally your house... Although I have never seen them eaten some of the markets do have all kinds of stuff. Yum Yum...Yuk

Thailand is the largest exporter of edible insects in the world (I think that is what I read this year). There is a huge water bug that is supposed to be really good, and they do make a dish out of a special cricket (they say it taste like popcorn only crunchy) also some grasshoppers are fixed by frying in a special sauce, but every Thai I know hates roaches and kills them on sight .. IMO as they should.

The only Thais I have ever seen with cockroaches were using then for fishing... Hey it worked!

Now someone is wondering if I have ever eaten any of the above ?

I am a steak and potato kinda guy so no I have not. But I have seen the dishes and people munching away.... kinda like popcorn during a movie. hahhah

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
There's a difference between food grade DE and the pool variety. Both will trash your lungs and those of your pets if inhaled. That mentioned I use the food grade. Just a heads up for people new to the item.

Being that this is a thread to kill roaches, I wasn't thinking along those lines. Forgive me, I'm sorry. It's worthy to mention that Food Grade DE is the best type to use, just to be safe.

I was using some DE to kill bedbugs I picked up from public transit. Worked well but you're right... It's very dusty. The ceiling fan in the next room had a white edge strip of DE on each blade.

Speaking of perfectly safe... yes DE is edible. I heard that they even put it in toothpaste.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

wow.. this is pretty smart.

thanks

That's what I gathered too, the digested powder becomes solid inside the roach whilst chemically burning them too, lime gives you dermatitis if I remember correctly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join