It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearthstone anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Anybody playing Blizzards free2play game Hearthstone?
I play it since Beta and took a break until today.
Now I try to play it again, if somebody is interested in some matches add me on Battle.Net: alleks#2239

I play on Europe servers though.
Tomorrow I want to start streaming my games on Twitch.tv

Let's see if I can get Legendary rank this month.

For all the people that do not know Hearthstone, it is a card game on computer and iPad. Android version will follow this year.
It is similiar to Magic the Gathering, but placed in the World of Warcraft universe. (not really universe, but the characters and creatures are from WoW)
You can download and play it for free and it really a lot of fun, once you gain some expierence in how to play it.
edit on 11-10-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Boooooo, I play on NA
I only just started working on my EU account. But if anyone else want to add me on NA it's Death#12939

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

I saw this last time I logged onto blizzard.net. I haven't tried it yet, though. I do love WOW though, much to my husband's irritation. I've never played Magic before. How's the learning curve? I'd love to try but I don't want to irritate others with my newbness

edit on 11-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I played it a little. It was pretty fun until I realized how much of an advantage people can get buy spending money to buy decks. Now I won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82

How's the learning curve? I'd love to try but I don't want to irritate others with my newbness

There is no learning curve, you turn it on and play. Everything is self-explanatory.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: U4ea82

How's the learning curve? I'd love to try but I don't want to irritate others with my newbness

There is no learning curve, you turn it on and play. Everything is self-explanatory.

Pretty much this, but I would say there is little learning curve.
You have to get used to the cards and what they do and the mechanics behind it, but all in all it is really simple.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hearthstone was really fun for me for a while. Ironically, I was forced into playing it by my friends, even though I have a distaste for anything related to WoW. I have to agree with trollz on the point that it's very tempting to pay extra to get the cards you want. You can win matches with the basic decks and random ones you get from rewards, but paying just makes things easy. I found my win frequency got much higher after getting proper decks built. I think I wasted over $50 on packs. I say wasted because I no longer play the game. It's just not entertaining enough any more, which is probably my fault for buying packs and removing my card getting goals.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
nerolis #1319 NA server.

It's a fun game, though I haven't given them any of my money. Due to getting a lot of good mage cards early, including two (lol, had to disenchant one, what're the odds my first two would be antonidas?) of the mage legendary, I've been playing mostly mage on the ladder; I can't compete in ranked with anything else, but the last couple seasons I've gotten ranks 18 (last 2 days of July only; started on like 29th) rank 5 and rank 7, and I'm rank 9 so far this season. I pulled the priest legendary this last weekend, but I haven't used him yet. I'm hoping to get legendary soon, but to do much to improve my deck, I either have to get some epics/legendaries, or switch to another class; mage seems to be considered pretty weak on the ladder, and I certainly almost never see anyone else using mage, it is the least played class, I think, at least in constructed.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DragonsDemesne

Mage rush is one of my favorite deck builds; makes for easy seven turn wins. Keep them busy with mirror image, spell burst fireballs, then finish with pyroblast if you need to. I've had the most fun with that build in hearthstone so far, aside from priest uber boost.

top topics

join