It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola... Is Reston a last ditch possibility?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Great find on the Reston strain, I have been currently tracking info on all of this and been finding odd coincidences. I am not at all adept in this field of study so I cant really put everything together.

So far I have that the US filed a Patent on Ebola sometime in 2009 and any virus that has, I believe, 70% the same DNA coding as Ebola. Also in late 2009 a new virus showed up in the Congo called Bas-Congo Virus which is a Rhabdovirus, or form of Rabies, that acted like Ebola but much faster at killing humans, 3 days from signs of infection til death. In Early 2011 the US then files patent on a Vaccine involving using a inactive Rabies Virus that has an Ebola Glycoprotein as a vaccine. Now that vaccine is the one fast tracked to stem this outbreak.

Sorry if I misinterpreted anything please feel free to correct any inaccuracies I have here.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Supposedly 4 people showed bloodstream infection of the Reston, Ebola Zaire outbreak, but none of them got sick.
Here are a few sources I found to back up the data and explain what they discovered when these individuals were tested.

Six of the 178 people who had contact with the infected monkeys at the Reston Quarantine Unit seroconverted. All six of the individuals worked with the primates. None of the six who seroconverted developed a filovirus-related illness. Of them, four (all of whom were animal handlers at one quarantine facility) had serologic evidence of recent infection with Ebola-Reston. It is likely that one of the four infected himself when he cut his finger while performing a necropsy on an infected monkey. The mode of transmission for the other three handlers is not known. The remaining two people were seropositive at low titer and had evidence of past infection. One of these two people is a worker at a facility that temporarily houses nonhuman primates before delivery to U.S. quarantine facilities and had had regular contact with quarantined nonhuman primates for three years. The second person was an employee at Hazleton's Texas Primate Center.

CDC researchers conducted an additional study on the prevalence of seropositivity to filoviruses. They tested 550 people with varying levels of exposure to monkeys (or monkey tissues or body fluids) with an indirect immunofluorescence assay test (IFAT) and confirmed the results using Western blot. 42 of the 550 (7.6%) people tested were positive to at least one of the filoviruses (EBO-Z, EBO-S, EBO-R, EBO-CI, MBG). 26 of 266 (9.8%) import quarantine facility staff members were seropositive; 16 of the remaining 284 (5.6%) persons having contact with monkeys (or with monkey tissue or body fluids) outside of import quarantine facilities were seropositive. None of the 42 who tested seropositive reported having any illness believed to be caused by a filovirus.

Ebola Zaire in bloodstream of people from the Reston VA outbreak

Seroconverted:

In immunology, seroconversion is when a specific antibody becomes detectable in the blood, and the corresponding antigen becomes undetectable. During an infection or immunization, antigens enter the blood and the immune system begins to produce antibodies in response. Seroconversion is the point in time when the amount of antibody in the blood exceeds the amount of antigen, and the antibody becomes detectable. Before seroconversion, the antigen is detectable, but the antibody is not.

Seroconversion

leolady

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

That's great info.
I really wonder why this particular vein of reasoning hasn't been in the works as far as a possible vaccination.
I suspect there is a reston based vaccine hiding in a drug company vault some where.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I think you could be onto something. If they could only find out why the human is resistant to this particular strain, they may be able to utilize it to their advantage on building a protective barrier to the other strains that are deadly.

You may be right on thinking there may be a vaccine hiding somewhere. They had to know this particular strain or one of the others could also mutate at some point in time 25 years ago...and if not immediately after the Reston incident then upon further study over the years... so why would they not of begun working on it pronto.

----------

Also my conspiracy mind at work...

I had a wild fetched thought about the Reston incident. Perhaps it was an experiment to test a vaccine for the Ebola strain back then. Maybe the workers of the Hazleton Research Products - Reston Primate Quarantine Unit in Reston, Virginia facility were given the test vaccine but they were un-aware it had been given to them. A guinea pig experiment of sorts... Then perhaps they intentionally brought the infected primates to the facility knowing there would be an outbreak all to test how well the vaccine performed on the humans that had been given the vaccine. But if that were the case... it would not explain them not releasing a sucessfull vaccine to save lives and perhaps use it to help with the other strains.

leolady

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join